Best Female Metal Band and why?

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 14 Sep 2009, 22:16

Best Female Metal Band and why?

Who do yu think is the best female fronted metal band and why?

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 16 Sep 2009, 21:44
    Well, it would depend on genre, really. For symphonic/gothic, Within Temptation and Nightwish are pretty much tied in my opinion. Both have amazing vocals (especially the older Nightwish albums with Tarja). And the arrangements of both are absolutely beautiful.

For metalcore, I love the bands Kittie, In This Moment, and The Fire Restart. Kittie is just amazing classic metal. I especially love their first two releases. In This Moment's first album was brilliant. Great vocals, amazing lyrics. The Fire Restart...just...amazing. I just wish they hadn't broken up.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 18 Sep 2009, 21:37
    Opheliac_Lolita said:
    Well, it would depend on genre, really. For symphonic/gothic, Within Temptation and Nightwish are pretty much tied in my opinion. Both have amazing vocals (especially the older Nightwish albums with Tarja). And the arrangements of both are absolutely beautiful.

For metalcore, I love the bands Kittie, In This Moment, and The Fire Restart. Kittie is just amazing classic metal. I especially love their first two releases. In This Moment's first album was brilliant. Great vocals, amazing lyrics. The Fire Restart...just...amazing. I just wish they hadn't broken up.
    I thought. The Fire Restart were Post-Hardcore? Kind of like Eyes Set To Kill? Oh and haven't you heard of her new band Dana Tasker?

• Band: The Agonist
    Why?: The brilliant growls, which are found on their new album, Lullabies for the Dormant Mind

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 22 Sep 2009, 19:36
    I'll leave the more classically sounding bands and concentrate on female growlers as that's what this group is about.

Аркона - amazing Russian folk metal. Masha is an amazing vocalist who can switch from clean singing to some of the best growls i've ever heard.

Darkened Nocturn Slaughtercult - In my opinion the best black metal band ever. Onielar is just amazing.

Adorior - Blackened death/thrash from the UK. Singer is just crazy!

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 25 Sep 2009, 15:31
    The best female metal band to me as of the moment is

Cripper. One of the best Thrash bands I've heard so far. She does clean vocals, but what I think is unique about her is that she has a distinct voice. The only similar female to her I think is the girl from Orphan Hate. Otherwise, she's like 1 in a Million.

• If you want good thrash go listen Holy Moses ;)

My favorite band that has a frontwoman is Light This City.
    Why? Their music is amazing and the riffs make you jizz your pants!

I get bored with frontwomans who sing clean & growl

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 6 Oct 2009, 19:16
    KIRAFROMHELL said:
    If you want good thrash go listen Holy Moses ;)

My favorite band that has a frontwoman is Light This City.
    Why? Their music is amazing and the riffs make you jizz your pants!

I get bored with frontwomans who sing clean & growl

I listen to Holy Moses.

• Great :)
    There's another band called "Decadence"

• CoreDot said...
    • User
    • 14 Oct 2009, 07:59
    From us to sunset
    Best pigsqueals in whole deathcore. These guys are brillant!

• Eths. Listening to Crucifère feels like your ear is having sadomasochistic sex with Candice, but it just feels good. The vocals are always in focus, contrary to many other metal bands where the vocals just blend in with the guitars and drums.

I love guitar, it's the only way I can break a G-string while fingering a minor and not have to worry about going to jail.
    • Aeysee said...
    • User
    • 5 Dec 2009, 15:01
    OTEP, In This Moment, Black Like Vengeance, Kittie, Walls of Jericho, just to name a few.

STRESSED is nothing more than DESSERTS spelled backwards.
  • Angela Gossow from Arch Enemy .
    because she is like at strong boy \m/ !

• wingkon said...
    • User
    • 8 Dec 2009, 23:15
    Agreed with the user above me. They're my favorite metal band with a female screamer, because if it wasn't for them, I wouldn't have ever listened to melodeath.

• the agonist.
    alissa is just awesome, shout-wise as well as clean-wise.

• Emerald Mind - russian power progressive band with classical female vocal! Hope you enjoy it! =)

• Velcra, because no one beats Jessi Frey..

• Iverna_ said...
    • User
    • 21 Apr 2010, 18:00
    In this moment... Maria (L)

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 18 Jun 2010, 19:48
    my favs:
    Otep
    iwrestledabearonce
    The Agonist (new to my list, but it's sooo good, been listening to it for days on and on)
    Arkona
    Eths

great vocals, but I don't listen to teh band: Alexis Brown and Sabina from Holy Moses

• tuzaw3 said...
    • User
    • 31 Jul 2010, 14:17
    THE AGONIST Alissa has perfect voice

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 5 Sep 2010, 01:07
    I'd have to say Alissa-White Gluz.

• Madder Mortem

Why?: great vocals, amazing music, deep and strong emotions.

• aerer7 said...
    • User
    • 16 Apr 2011, 12:37
    The Agonist, In this Moment, Arch Enemy, and a band that had split up unfortunately - Luna Mortis!

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.