very similar to Arcturus?

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 24 Jan 2008, 06:23

very similar to Arcturus?

hello!

are there any bands that are very similar to Arcturus? especially their "la masquerade infernale" album?

• ilmo73 said...
    • User
    • 20 Feb 2008, 21:41

Re: very similar to Arcturus?

DeadGirl7 ha detto:
    hello!

are there any bands that are very similar to Arcturus? especially their "la masquerade infernale" album?

... Probably no ...

FOR I HAVE SEEN HELL AND THE TORMENT OF THE DAMNED, IN THE DAY OF EVIL, IN THE DYING HOUR...
  • pity i doubt it they were very original

• You could try Unexpect. Its like LMI played at breakneck speeds.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 17 May 2008, 08:02
    try "transcending bizarre?" the four scissors

• very similar to Arcturus?

probably not band similar to arcturus the make is very unique but some band whith the magic of the sound for my "Atrox - Binocular"

(spanish:saludos desde chile) from chile......

---- Coeptus Ordo-dinis ----
  • if you like la masquerade infernale try with vulture industries =D

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 22 Sep 2008, 23:02
    SIIII
    VULTURE INDUSTRIES ES GENIAL *-*

• No eh oido nada que se le parezca pero si tengo que decir alguna quiza trascending bizarre se le asemeje un poco.

• I never had listened nothing similar tu arcturus but if I have to name one band that its trascending bizarre ;O

• Definitely Vulture Industries! These guys are the next Arcturus xD http://www.last.fm/music/Vulture+Industries

Yes, I'm your new friend, I'm the aftertaste, I consolidate your emotions, And sign my name as your devotion to life...
    • Q-Gloaf said...
    • User
    • 1 Apr 2009, 15:39
    Yeah, V.I. is definitely going to be the next Arcturus, can't wait for new songs from them :D

• hypnos3 said...
    • User
    • 21 Apr 2009, 16:53

and what about "Winds"?

here's a band with a pretty similar music, where the half of the squad is well known from their activity and contribution in Arcturus (Hellhammer and August) -> Winds. And of course don't forget about the great Ulver.

• V.I. comes definitely as close as it gets: they're practically Arcturus's clone! i would also recommend Borknagar's old stuff, since both Garm and Vortex sang in both bands, so it definitely kinda brings back the feeling

• There are enough clones

Actually Last.fm recommends similar artists, but these come very close:

Bishop Of Hexen
    Sirius
    Quadrivium
    Vulture Industries
    Borknagar
    Age of Silence
    Winds

Elvina has got most of them in her signature! <3 =)

• "Old Crown, New Spawn" is a project, consisting of three parts: "Furens", "Tristis" and "Maestus", devoted to Emperor, Ved Buens Ende and Arcturus respectively.
    Along with the cover tracks, release also contains participants' own material. Moreover, most of these songs were provided on the exclusive basis.
    Nothing too spectacular, but still very interesting :)

• I love echinopsis cover and track on this)

• mmok, maybe its not very similar but still... the chance is big that if you like Arcturus, AND Ulver (especially Garm's non-metal stuff), you might want to check this out:
    Professor Fate. They are like Arcturus stripped off of metal or something xD

Garm did guest vocals on the second track, called Limbo
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYb5QhsjZao&NR=1[/youtube]

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 2 Jan 2010, 15:22
    I refuse to believe that there are any bands out there that sound like Arcturus. Impossible and forbidden!

• The album 'The Dystopia Journals' by Vulture Industries carries vocals very similar to Garm during La Masquerade Infernale.

Worlds shatter to darkness without matter
    No Matter
    No Matter we Stole.
Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.