New releases

• Lurholm said...
    • User
    • 25 Feb 2008, 11:24

New releases

I thought it would be handy to have a thread where we can tell everyone in the group when we have a new release of our own available for listening, with some sort of description, background, explanation, bad excuse, or pure lie to go along with it.

OK, I'll go first:

Fröken Smillas Känsla För Snövit Och De Sju Intellektuella Dvärgarna has just released a cover EP, entitled Huvudsaken är att det låter (en cover-EP). While making the cover for Apskaft's project, the dwarfs thought it would be a good idea to gather all the previously unreleased covers they have recorded over the years, and make an album of it. Some tracks are of an older date, recorded on hissy analog equipment, some are more recent.

Shine those shoes, Bill!
  • Res Band have put 6 new tracks on the myspace site.
    Been going through old recordings and picked 6 that i have at least a vague memory of playing! . Found alot more to put on but myspace only lets 6 at a time, unless someone knows a way around that. Let me know if you do, cheers!
    http://www.myspace.com/resband

• I've put five new tracks from my new work in progress 'Blu sospeso', an album of only experimental tracks: http://www.lastfm.it/music/Maurizio+B/Blu+sospeso

I also tried to upload another track but I got some issue: I don't know why but when it plays on last.fm it speeds up..the speed sample is 44 Hz like any other track...I asked for help on the last.fm forums and as I was told to do, I've sent on the track to last.fm labels twice so that they could check it up but they didn't reply. If someone can help me, I'd really appreciate it.

• My band Boxtavsbarn released a promo single the other week. Reklamjinglar för svenskt näringsliv - Commercial jingles for Swedish business world (or if you prefer, Confederation of Swedish Enterprise.

It's all punkrock in Swedish, and it was done in a couple of hours in our rehearsinbg room because we needed something to show off before our trip to Norway.

Our first single was more soft punk, as we were trying hard to find our own style which could be somewhat of a problem since all individual members come from different backgrounds, metal bands, avantgarde pop, punk pop, electro pop and so on. This new single is more dirty and sexy, and more basic rock n roll, but done in our own special way.

All songs are in some way about the Swedish business world, or if you prefer, Confederation of Swedish Enterprise

• Lurholm said...
    • User
    • 14 Nov 2008, 16:25
    More old home-made stuff on Home Cooking: Någonstans i Lund, 1992
    Partially chaotic lo-fi recordings of the acoustic folk-punk band Etablissemanget, recorded during rehearsal, sometime back in 1992. Including cover versions of songs by KSMB, Dag Vag and Traste Lindéns Kvintett.

(I accidentally uploaded this on The Sound Of Apskaft, and I can't delete it... just ignore it if you happen to see it. I've asked the last.fm staff for help to remove it.)

Shine those shoes, Bill!
  • Two new terribly lo-fi Stalemar tracks for all of you to enjoy:

Non ti capisco

Safe in your amniotic fluid

• MorrisTheFucker said:
    Two new terribly lo-fi Stalemar tracks for all of you to enjoy:

Non ti capisco

And they are good.

• SimiArbeit ha detto:
    MorrisTheFucker said:
    Two new terribly lo-fi Stalemar tracks for all of you to enjoy:

Non ti capisco

And they are good.

Thank you, it's nice to have some feedback.

• beth aven
    url=www.youtube.com/user/JakobVirgil/videos]My Short Films
  • JakobVirgil ha detto:
    a holiday message from The Lily's Band
    a christmas message from Lilly

Nice, just a little too short, maybe. But I like it.

• Mmmm yeah. I was wordless...sorry I didn't know how to delete it.

• zio d.
    (pedalling when not online)
    • Lurholm said...
    • User
    • 16 Feb 2009, 17:47
    Fellow apskafters, ladies and gentlemen! Only minutes ago, Fröken Smillas Känsla För Snövit Och De Sju Intellektuella Dvärgarna released a brand new EP! It's called Progg! and... well, you will just have to listen for yourselves.

Shine those shoes, Bill!
    • Lurholm said...
    • User
    • 17 Feb 2009, 18:19

Gnomes in the attic

Home Cooking is keeping busy. We just stole some tapes from Tomtar På Loftet and released them. The album is called Stille når gruppe. That's Danish for something.

Shine those shoes, Bill!
  • Better than danish for nothing

beth aven
    url=www.youtube.com/user/JakobVirgil/videos]My Short Films
    • Lurholm said...
    • User
    • 19 Feb 2009, 09:17
    ...and your chicks for free.

Shine those shoes, Bill!
    • Lurholm said...
    • User
    • 16 Mar 2009, 10:10
    A new EP by Tjuvar, Knarkare och Kommunister is up! It's called Hej så länge E.P. - a compilation of previously released non-album tracks and some new ones as well. The title roughly translates "bye for now" - this will be the last release from this project for a while, due to the moving of the studio. TK&K will probably be back again in 2010, or, if things go well, in the fall of 2009.

Shine those shoes, Bill!
    • Lurholm said...
    • User
    • 19 Mar 2009, 18:20
    The Asthmatics (Sweden) have a brand new EP out. Join in the fun when The Asthmatics Celebrate Moustache Awareness Day!

Shine those shoes, Bill!
  • Blues Blues Blues Carnage finally released their debut album, Sleepglue. It's some kind of awkward ambient or punk ambient. Or not.

• New Good Moaning track for everyone who wants to listen: http://www.last.fm/music/Good+Moaning/Good+Moaning/Nocturne

• Some Old Bull shit))))

Hi everyone!!Here is little my old and delirious track

http://www.lastfm.ru/music/Hold_The_Gun/Some+Old+Bullshit

• Lurholm said...
    • User
    • 11 May 2009, 15:21
    Fellow apskafters, ladies and gentlemen! Home Cooking proudly presents our very first external release: the brand new album Scharf, mit Allem ! by our German friends MarkerX!! Eight songs that will be new to your ears, plus one "old" classic! Don't miss it!

Shine those shoes, Bill!
  • Hi all, if you know What´s That? , please tell me ;-)

• Quendus said...
    • User
    • 14 May 2009, 15:49
    Quendus - Progression of Taters has been out for some time now, but until recently two of its best () tracks were missing:
    650 Spiegel In Spiegeln
    650 Spiegel aus den Spiegeln

Oh, here's a background, explanation, or pure lie: it's plunderphonic and I was so nervous about it that I didn't release it. *nodnod*

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.