No projects in the making!

• No projects in the making!

Ello ello, what's all this then? We don't have any projects going on or even in the planning stage. Shouldn't we? I'm not sure my time suffices for much, though, but we can't stop now, can we?

Please take a look at this thread to recollect what we've been thinking about doing or start a new thread. Now's the perfect time to share the weird idea you came up a while back but didn't tell anyone, because there was so much going on!

• I think I'd be the most interested in the one in which we'd make half minute songs.

• Malabi said...
    • User
    • 30 Apr 2012, 21:59
    I like most of the suggestions in the future projects thread, but I especially like half minute songs and concept album. Those two I think would be very fun to do.

• Half minute songs would be cool. Or maybe really really long songs, like at least 20 minutes might be cool too.

• Jomahoz said...
    • User
    • 1 May 2012, 14:05
    I also think that the half minute songs and the concept album projects sound most interesting right now.

• Lurholm said...
    • User
    • 2 May 2012, 09:02
    I could go for some half minute songs too.

Shine those shoes, Bill!
  • yeah half minute sounds good. Theme or free for all stylee?

• If we want a theme, we could choose something like Maslow's hierarchy of needs, which is divided in five levels, and everyone in the project should make one song per one level.

Of course, the theme doesn't need to be this one. It could be, say, the seven deadly sins or the permanent members of the UN security council or whatever.

• That's a pretty good idea for a theme. What about like fables or mythological tales?

• Lurholm said...
    • User
    • 6 May 2012, 12:12
    I like the idea with a Maslow's themed album, but perhaps that should be a project of its own? Maybe it would be one parameter too many to put a theme on the half minute songs idea.

Shine those shoes, Bill!
  • You're probably right. I see The Commercial Album by The Residents as a kind of a precursor for this project and it's conceptually very strong even though there isn't a theme per se.

So, should we go without a theme this time and just do five (?) half minute songs each?

• SimiArbeit said: So, should we go without a theme this time and just do five (?) half minute songs each?

Sounds good to me.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 8 May 2012, 11:27
    We would also join (Pearly Pint).

• Welcome to the project and to the group, too!

• I've made 5 tracks for this. The shortest is 32 seconds and the longest is 41 seconds. If these are acceptable lengths I'll upload them to Dropbox or wherever.

• I think they are acceptable, aren't they?

Should we have some limits? 30-59 seconds? 30-45? Or maybe everyone just tries to keep them around thirty seconds?

Should the files be sent to Hox? Hox, are you there?

Is it possible that Drn Drn will take part in this project? Was this sentence formed as a question just because all the other sentences were, too?

• 30 seconds to me is fine, but what's the album title, at the end? "The Not Commercial Album"?
    Just send songs to Apskaft's Dropbox (if someone needs an invite, write to me a PM with an email) or apskaftdropbox[at]gmail.com

• Well, my stuff's always been non-commercial. I think it's a good idea to be slightly longer than 30 seconds though, for scrobbling purposes. The 5 tracks I made are now uploaded to the "musique concrete" folder on dropbox. Look for titles: "Unplugged and then Amplified 1", "Unplugged and then Amplified 2", etc.

• Lurholm said...
    • User
    • 11 May 2012, 10:04
    I think anything up to 45 seconds is acceptable within this concept.

Another idea is to skip the "half minute song" concept and just call the project "very short songs" and keep tracks between 30 secs and a full minute. It's basically the same idea, but with a little less restrictions. There has to be an upper limit though - otherwise there is no concept left - so I suggest one minute. Or maybe 59 seconds! :-)

Either way. I was thinking Dropbox too, in terms of file transfering. It will probably make things easier for Hox in the end.

Shine those shoes, Bill!
  • speculativism said:
    Well, my stuff's always been non-commercial. I think it's a good idea to be slightly longer than 30 seconds though, for scrobbling purposes.

Good point
    The 5 tracks I made are now uploaded to the "musique concrete" folder on dropbox. Look for titles: "Unplugged and then Amplified 1", "Unplugged and then Amplified 2", etc.
    Got them. If we decide for an album title, I can change folder name accordingly.

• Dropbox is the best choice, but sending trax via email it's ok: I just copy them to dropbox as they come.

By now i made a folder "The Not Commerical Album" into musique concrete folder, Peter-David'stracks are already into there!

• Perhaps "Non-commercial" instead of "Not Commercial"?

• can be also another title, I just made an easy pun on Residents!, but after all it's not bad. Non-commercial is less "hox english" and more tight to grammar rules, can't deny that. :D

If we agree on this, maybe you should change thread title to something like "The non-commercial album discussion" so I link it in homepage and make the proper icon (will substitute TMBG one).

• i would also like to join on this project.

• Hoxerijo said:
    can be also another title, I just made an easy pun on Residents!

Oh sorry. I didn't get the reference. I've only recently become aware of The Residents.

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.