• similar band

do you think any which is very similar to AvA??
    i think it doesn't exist but maybe somebody know one..

• Haha, U2. To a certain degree.

• Pink Floyd to a degree, I think. Pink Floyd is a bit more hardcore in terms of lyrics, but Pink Floyd's similar to AVA in terms of the amount of keyboard and SFX usage.

• i love this band and i know you love too but compare it to U2 and pink floyd it's a little bit exagerating...

• I don't know. The first album especially doesn't seem that much of a stretch to compare to U2; so many critics seemed to think so as well back when AVA first started producing music. The "epic" feel and use of effects is really the biggest similarity I can see. In all honesty I was half-joking anyway, haha.

Don't know about Pink Floyd though. Haven't listened to them much.

• Well, if nothing else, AVA's use of keyboards resembles Pink Floyd. In pretty much every other sense, not really.

• Do you know After the Anthems? They're one of the MySpace band, with quite a good album and a few simple videos, but everyone I know says they sound like AVA a lot.

http://www.myspace.com/aftertheanthems

[Subsisto Procul Nusquam]
    • feco182 said...
    • User
    • 20 Jul 2008, 10:13
    U2 , Muse , Nine Inch nails :D

:]

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 12 Aug 2008, 18:41
    A Flock of Seagulls, U2.

• let's be honest; this is dull, derivative, stadium music that take the worst of other dull, derivate, stadium music and does absolutely nothing new with it.

if you can't find 'similar bands' it's not because the sound is unique, it's purely because this sound and these bands are everywhere, it's a case of being unable to see the forest from the trees.

• rodyarodya said:
    let's be honest; this is dull, derivative, stadium music that take the worst of other dull, derivate, stadium music and does absolutely nothing new with it.

if you can't find 'similar bands' it's not because the sound is unique, it's purely because this sound and these bands are everywhere, it's a case of being unable to see the forest from the trees.

Maybe I'm just nit-picking here, but the whole term of "stadium music" doesn't exactly refer to a style or a genre. Pop singers perform "stadium music" as do a number of bands from different styles of music; you can't say The Who and Green Day sound the same, because they don't.

I won't argue that AVA is unique in terms of its sound. They probably aren't. I personally haven't come across many bands that utilize a similar set-up, sound-wise. If anything I'd venture to guess it sounds like space-rock, if such a thing exists.

• pan182 said...
    • User
    • 4 Sep 2008, 09:28
    BleedingMW disse:
    Do you know After the Anthems? They're one of the MySpace band, with quite a good album and a few simple videos, but everyone I know says they sound like AVA a lot.

http://www.myspace.com/aftertheanthems

it really sounds like AvA!!

:)
  • Syn_Zero said:
    rodyarodya said:
    let's be honest; this is dull, derivative, stadium music that take the worst of other dull, derivate, stadium music and does absolutely nothing new with it.

Maybe I'm just nit-picking here, but the whole term of "stadium music" doesn't exactly refer to a style or a genre. Pop singers perform "stadium music" as do a number of bands from different styles of music; you can't say The Who and Green Day sound the same, because they don't.

I won't argue that AVA is unique in terms of its sound. They probably aren't. I personally haven't come across many bands that utilize a similar set-up, sound-wise. If anything I'd venture to guess it sounds like space-rock, if such a thing exists.

you're right - you were nit-picking.

• i personally think that ava is unique especially because of tom
    i love his voice !. but i'd love to listen to the "similar" bands listed here

thankyou! =]

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 22 Oct 2008, 11:54
    What about Pinback? Well, the sound isn't that similar but the lyrics and the voice are.

• After The Anthems are awsome, but they sound to much like a mix between Blink-182 and Simple Plan. The bands that I think sound kinda like Angels And Airwaves are: Twenty Twenty with their album Raise Your Hands, Some songs off 30 Seconds To Mars' album This Is War (like King and Queens, and Vox Populi), and there is an Angels and Airwaves inspired song out there by the artist Bazi with his song Nightmare

• search passerby hero on youtube.. and yeah that bazi song is pretty much like them

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.