What is your favourite part of American Recordings?

• -ross said...
    • User
    • 4 Nov 2007, 15:39

What is your favourite part of American Recordings?

It is so hard to decide, but Solitary Man is fantastic.

peace and love, baby
    • MClemo said...
    • User
    • 6 Nov 2007, 08:57
    Really hard to decide. American III and IV for me. And the whole Unearthed box set :) Recently got VH1 Storytellers, awesome too.

• Every Johnny Cash and i mean every album is great !

But if you have 2 choose its Solitary man among the American Records.

See U ;)

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 9 Nov 2007, 22:45
    The American Recordings and A Hundred Highways are the parts of the American Recordings -series I absolutely love. It's really really hard to put them in an order because they're all just perfect.

• I love that Cash does a fantastic cover of a Nick Cave song on Solitary Man (Mercy Seat) but it was a dream come true that he did a duet with Cave on Man Comes Around.

I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not
    • koemer said...
    • User
    • 18 Nov 2007, 10:21
    i like III, IV and V the most. if i had to choose just one... i'd would be III, but i dont really want to leave the others behind. r.i.p. johnny.

(\ /) Then take me disappearin' ♫
    ( . .) ♫ through the smoke rings of my mind.. ♫
    c('')('')
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 4 Dec 2007, 12:50
    As a whole album, I would choose A Hundred Highways as my favorite. It keeps such a charming calm and melancholical mood. :)
    But on III and IV are a few outstanding songs, especially Wayfaring Stranger, the one with accordion sound. Johnny should have used this instrument more in his compositions...

• I love the storytelling song Mary Of The Wild Moor on the Solitary Man album. Thats his finest American Recording song.

• "The man comes around" is the best album I've ever heard

• xmo96 said...
    • User
    • 25 Oct 2008, 11:53
    the best album had to be the man comes around. Although the other ones are great too. Hard decision

• I'd say American recordings.. the first one.
    possibly my favorite album of all time...

• All of them. Mercy seat, I see a darkness, just an old chunk of coal and if I give you my soul. Above all I weep when I hear Spiritual. Every time I hear any Johnny Cash track I morn his passing but his American recordings were clearly his finest and most spiritually and emotionally moving pieces

Hi
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 30 Jun 2010, 14:15
    Unearthed has some of the greatest recordings of johnny

• TubaKKo said...
    • User
    • 10 Sep 2010, 12:27
    Currently it´s "the man comes around" , because i´ve recently fell in love with his desperado cover. :)

• Might be IV The Man Comes Around not only because of 'Hurt'

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.