Favorite Wilco music

• Favorite Wilco music

I thought this was the group for Wilco fans, but I only see 1 topic here, for the BJM (I love 'em but like I said, isn't this for Wilco??).

So I'm curious: What is everyone's favorite Wilco album or favorite Wilco songs?

My favorite album as a whole is YHF.
    Love also goes to Sky Blue Sky, Being There, Ghost, Summerteeth, in that order, I guess.

• My favorite is A Ghost is Born.
    Then Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, Summerteeth, Sky Blue Sky, Being There, in that order.

Not much a fan of AM.

you'll kiss me and I'll surely wake up
  • YHF then I'm not really sure which is favorite.. AM is last though..

• AM is actually a great album. I would recommend listening to the back end of that album to truly appreciate it. Listen to Passenger Side, Dash 7, Blue Eyed Soul, and Too Far Apart.

• Tough one... I agree back end of AM is really great. I got hooked on Wilco via 'Being There' so for sentimental reasons I'd probably go for that - it's also a beautiful record(s). How about YHF demos? Does that count?

• Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, Summerteeth, Sky Blue Sky (it's really growing on me), and then A Ghost is Born. I need to listen to Am more because I really liked
    Uncle Tupelo and it's a little closer to that sound, but I haven't gotten really into it yet. Well, besides Blue Eyed Soul - I like that song; I think I put it on a mix once.

As with all things taste-related this is all subject to change, but I think that's the order I'd put 'em in for now.

Oh, and Hummingbird inspired me to make a collage back in high school.

• Yeah, Sky really grew on me too. At first I was like, yes, nice......but now after many many listens, I adore it. I love his voice. I just don't understand how someone can listen to these songs & not love his voice.

• I love Yankee and Ghost, but I just saw two shows on the weekend (best shows of my life) and Sky Blue Sky held up amazingly: You are my Face, Side with the Seeds and Walken were fantastic. Possibly because it's the first album this band has done together.... but it was beautiful. Oh, and Via Chicago (live) alone makes Summerteeth pretty awesome. Having said all this, every single song was incredible, so...

• I know what you mean about the Sky.. material sounding so good because the band had all been involved in the record. I remember seeing Wilco when they came to the UK just after YHF has been released, and it was the line up that had been through the whole crazy process of making that record (minus jay bennett of course). They really played like men with something to prove, very intense, and the performance was faultless. Probably one of my top-three gigs ever!

• Side With The Seeds is a favorite song (well I'm a bird, so of course it is). Kamera, Jesus Etc, I'm The Man Who Loves You are huge favorites of mine. From Summerteeth I love Can't Stand It & How to Fight Loneliness.

• My fav songs are "How to fight loneliness" and "Sky blue sky" and "Please be patnient with me".
    As for the favorite album it's still a battle between "YHF", "Summerteeth" and "Sky Blue Sky".
    I wish I could see them live someday.

I'm on a mission from God.
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 16 Sep 2008, 03:12
    Summerteeth is my favorite album, but not by much. YHF and A Ghost is Born rank right under that.

She's a Jar has always been one of my favorite songs, as well as Hell is Chrome (the first song I heard by them, so sentimental value right there.)

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 23 Dec 2009, 07:21
  • In this order (for now):
    1. A Ghost is Born
    2. Sky Blue Sky
    3. Yankee Hotel Foxtrot

My absolute favorites in anything having to do with music change over the months. Starting in late November, Wilco went from my #2 to #1 spot for favorite band, beating out Broken Social Scene, which had the spot for the past year.

Till the day I die.
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 12 Apr 2010, 22:33
    Favorite Song: "Via Chicago"

Favorite Album: "Being There"

• My favorite albums in order:
    1. Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
    2. A Ghost is Born
    3. Tie between Summerteeth and Being There
    4. Sky Blue Sky
    5. Am
    6. Wilco (The Album)

Some of my favorite songs are misunderstood, I'm Always In Love (it was my first Wilco song,) Via Chicago, and more recently, You and I.

I just saw them last weekend at Solid Sound.... Totally unbelievable, and now I'm obsessed. Jeff's solo set was great too, and the highlight for me was his cover of Simple Twist of Fate, the Dylan song...

• KOLRHD said...
    • User
    • 28 May 2011, 07:50
    YHF, and A ghost is born
    favorite track by far is spiders(kidsmoke)!

• I don't know if I have a favourite track or album. Aren't all songs just different aspects of the writer ? And I like the writers. :~D

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.