The Wilder Questions: Members Q+A Intros!

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 18 May 2007, 18:57

The Wilder Questions: Members Q+A Intros!

Firstly, thank you all for joining our group. It's great to see you here!

Over at the 'sister-group' (Alan_C_Wilder on LJ) we have some intro questions-- some of them rather quirky-- that members can answer to get acquainted.
    Please dive right in with your answers. And also feel free to add your own quirky Q+A's! Most importantly: HAVE FUN!

The Wilder Intro Questions:

1. What is your last.fm username?
    Optional: What would have been your username, had that bugger not snagged it first?

2. What is the name you'd like to go by? (i.e. what all your friends call you?)

3. Which are you: (a) "new fan"; (b) "devotee through-'n-through"; or (c) "a curious toad"?

4. What is a favourite Recoil album?

5. What is a favourite Depeche Mode album, when Alan was a DM band member?

6. What is a favourite song written by Alan (DM years, pre-DM and/or post-DM)?

7. Do you have a favourite Alan Wilder-ism (i.e. expression, phrase, quote, or mannerism of his)?

8. Strawberry, Chocolate, or plain Vanilla? (No, it's not a trick question and Yes, you must answer this question or your membership will most definitely be denied!) hehehe

Followup question: Boxers or Briefs? (this question's optional.)

9. Anything else you'd like to share/the quirky question(s) we left out?

Member-submitted questions:
    --o What's the most frequent thought you have in mind listening to Recoil?

--o Who would you really like Alan to collaborate with?

Recoil

Edited by a deleted user on 3 Jun 2007, 00:37
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 18 May 2007, 20:04
    Optional: What would have been your username, had that bugger not snagged it first?
    HaloModeD. It was my first try.

Caitlin.

3. Which are you: (a) "new fan"; (b) "devotee through-'n-through"; or (c) "a curious toad"?
    B.

4. What is a favorite Recoil album?
    Unsound Methods.

5. What is a favorite Depeche Mode album, when Alan was a DM band member?
    Music For The Masses.

6. What is a favorite song written by Alan (DM years, pre-DM and/or post-DM)?
    'Fools.'

7. Do you have a favorite Alan Wilder-ism (i.e. expression, phrase, quote, or mannerism of his)?
    "We're thinking of buying France." XD!

8. Strawberry, Chocolate, or plain Vanilla? (No, it's not a trick question and Yes, you must answer this question or your membership will most definitely be denied!)
    Chocolate, man.

Briefs.

Nahh. :D

• 1. What is your last.fm username?
    miss_feathers. the origin comes from DM's mister Feathers.

2. What is the your name you'd like to go by? (i.e. what all your friends call you?)
    Agatha

B, I think.

Bloodline

Black Celebration

In Your Memory

7. Do you have a favourite Alan Wilder-ism (i.e. expression, phrase, quote, or mannerism of his)?
    huh, not. am I the fake Alan fan? ;(

8. Strawberry, Chocolate, or plain Vanilla? (No, it's not a trick question and Yes, you must answer this question or your membership will most definitely be denied!) hehehe
    strawberries. many strawberries.

no ;)

Erwin with his Ψ can do
    Calculations quite a few.
    But one thing has not been seen
    Just what does Ψ really mean.
    Erich Hückel
  • 1. king-ink, first coice. It's a song written by Nick Cave during The Birthday Party era.

2. Rudi.

3. b, I think. Well, I'm not a mad collector, but I really do think Alan is a genius of the electronic music. I've only been a fan since the release of Liquid, but I got everything from him since then.

4. Liquid. I think, to some extent, that your introduction to an artist is usually your favourite. There are exceptions though.

5. I'm not what you'd call a DM fan I must admit, but I gotta say Violator is a top album, so I'm gonna go with that.

6. I don't have one. I find it very hard to choose favourites.

7. Huh, nope. I'm usually never curious about the artists that I really like. I like to keep them in that kind of aura of mysticism. I know it's stupid, especially in this day and age, but fuck it. I've never read biographies of my favourite musicians. Though I must say, I really enjoy the way he invites us to see his studio and to know details about the software he uses and stuff like that. I find it quite endearing.

8. Chocolate. The darker the better.

Briefs, I think it's mostly a cultural thing though.

9. Can't think of anything, no.

From bitter searching of the heart
    We rise to play a greater part.
    - Frank Scott
    juliengb

juliengb the bugger

2. What is the your name you'd like to go by? (i.e. what all your friends call you?)
    j

a curious devotee

Bloodliquid ?

Violator

In Your Memory, Edge To Life, Breath Control

command+S (assumption)

Fraises et Champagne

Boxers or nothing

What's the most frequent thought you have in mind listening to Recoil ?

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 19 May 2007, 04:47
    juliengb said:

And your answer would be? 8*)

• I thought of one...

On the Shunt mailing list (is that thing still going?) people would often speculate/dream of with whom would Alan collaborate with... so:

10. Who would you really like Alan to collaborate with?

My answer would be two people: Blixa Bargeld from Einstürzende Neubauten and David Tibet from Current 93.

And my answer to 9 is: 'what a hard-on' :P

From bitter searching of the heart
    We rise to play a greater part.
    - Frank Scott
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 19 May 2007, 20:08

great extra questions!

These last two added questions are fantastic! Keep them coming guys and gals! What do you all think we should do with the extra questions-- should they be appended to the existing ones or should we create a separate thread as a topic of discussion devoted to the question submitted by the new member? My inclination is that when a member submits a new question in their intro, if it's a really REALLY good question, we create a new discussion thread devoted to that question. Or we can always do both (append and discuss further in another thread...) What say ye?? m^..^m

king-ink said:
    10. Who would you really like Alan to collaborate with?

My answer would be two people: Blixa Bargeld from Einstürzende Neubauten and David Tibet from Current 93.

And my answer to 9 is: 'what a hard-on' :P

Get The Balance Right

• threnody101 said:
    juliengb said:

And your answer would be? 8*)

Sex drugs and death ... but that may vary fortunately ! :-o

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 23 May 2007, 20:43

My "A's" to the "Wilder 'Q+A'"

threnody101

Unbelievably, the usernames "HaloModeD", "happiest_girl", "miss_feathers", "IYR", "juliengb", and "king-ink" were all taken!!! ..... :P just kidding, lovelies. ;)

"Our Lady of Alan Wilder" (JOKE!!)
    My family and friends call me Stella.

b: devotee through & through, but I do have the rare "curious toad" moments I will admit.... :p

Well, this answer may change in approximately a month and a half, but for a long while it's been "Unsound Methods".

Black Celebration (Some Great Reward is a very close 2nd.)

"The Missing Piece" & during dm years: "Two Minute Warning".

"Of all the DM albums, Music for the Masses was probably the most self-produced record. With all due respect, Dave Bascombe's role was more as a good engineer rather than producer.
    "A music producer is roughly the equivalent of the film director... They come in different shapes and sizes: those that are very hands-on -- even playing some instruments -- through to those who are completely unmusical, but somehow have a great perspective...
    "Producer: 'I want the Peruvian nose flute sound to disappear into the distance then explode.'
    "Engineer: 'I know, I'll try sending it through delay unit 163457B and then gate it to the bass drum, distorted through a Leslie cabinet using three D72 mics at varying distances.'
    "Producer: 'Don't get clever with me, sonny; if it sounds shit, I'll dump it!'
    "Engineer: 'Whatever you say sir.'
    "Producer: 'That's right. BOY! Make me a cup of tea and go out and buy me a can of tartan paint... Hoover the ceiling, while you're at it!"

(source: Stripped: The True Story of Depeche Mode, by Johnathan Miller)

Chocolate-dipped Strawberries accompanied by lots and lots of vanilla pasty..... >:)

I'm sticking to what I wrote in the alan_c_wilder LJ community:
    "Let the lil guy have some room, I says! >;)
    In the buff always worked for me, but if I have to choose: BOXERS"

To answer two recently suggested questions:

Who would you really like Alan to collaborate with?
    --o 'Love Spirals Downward' comes to mind immediately.
    Her voice give me chills.
    --o Given Alan's history, collaborating with Martin Gore would be an amazing thing to witness; something with Dave would be cool.
    --o Something with Ms. Moyet or Monica Richards would be interesting to say the least!
    --o A "collaboration" with someone that has passed on might work (i.e. Miguel Migs & Ella Fitzgerald ("Slap That Bass"); Adam Freeland & Sarah Vaugh ("Fever") or Joe Clausell & Nina Simone ("Feeling Good"); but this is hard to pull off most times.)

What's the most frequent thought you have in mind listening to Recoil?
    This question can best be answered by way of a few of my Last.FM "tags":
    --o iwantyounow
    --o passionate
    --o biteme
    --o primal
    --o noir

fini.

• IYR said...
    • User
    • 24 May 2007, 12:02
    IYR
    Pain_Killer

everyone calls me with my own name...(no immagination -.-°°°)

a "new" fan of Recoil but an oldie with all DM's things

atm...liquid/unsound

SOFAD/CTA

freeze-grain-landscape..-(the absolute favourites)

atm..."well,what's the point"(from Recoil's myspace Q+A)...i don't know but i find it funny....>.<'''

chololate....dangerously addicted

......on a man...i say..boxers..

...i don't right now...i'm quite pissed by work...>.<(i hate it)

can i answer to it?

°passion
    °lust
    °sex
    °touch
    am i quite obsessed with that sort of things?.....XD

me xD.....(ok i'm joking xD)..i really don't know,i'm not that well on music...

MmeLibertine, same as my AIM name. It was my first choice, huzzah.

Alzbeta or any variant thereof: Alz is usually the quickest nick.

Devotee through and through.

4. What is your favourite Recoil album?

Liquid.

Music for the Masses.

Black Box (Complete). Sheer genius.

I must be another fakie fan. :\ I don't know of any.

Chocolate, and the darker the better.

Boxers. Man-panties are just a no, kthx.

I liked these two, so I'll give them a go:

Dave Gahan, please oh please. I know it'll never happen, but a girl can dream! I'd also settle for Emilie Simon... a voice that haunting and clear could have so many wonderful elements drawn out by Alan's ability. And although I'm sure it'd never happen, I think something with Otep Shamaya would be intriguing.

Sex. Is that so surprising?

I have knelt at your feet
    I have felt your deceit.
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 27 May 2007, 05:27
    MmeLibertine said:

I must be another fakie fan. :\ I don't know of any.

Oh, but that's SUCH a Wilder-esque answer, you do know that much! ;)
    Happy Memorial Day weekend!

Chamber Of Hellos

• replies to questions..:)

1. What is your last.fm username? Booraven22

Boo for short or Heidi (RL name)

Oh definitely a Devotee. Both DM & Recoil for a combo of decades here. (DM since '81 and Recoil for about 6 years now?)

Liquid.

"Violator", though "Black Celebration" runs a close second.

"Incubus" and "Want"

Just his dry humor and his partial smirk when he makes a witty retort.

8. Strawberry, Chocolate, or plain Vanilla? Chocolate all the way.

Followup question: Boxers or Briefs? Neither :)

Just glad to see there's a group here I can share my Wilder fixation with!

It's never too late to be who you were meant to be...
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 30 May 2007, 19:25
    just glad to see there's a group here I can share my Wilder fixation with!

Welcome Boo!

:D

• threnody101 said:

-SithlordDK

-SithlordDK ;)

-B

-Unsound Methods (and Hydrology ;) )

-Songs Of Faith And Devotion

-If You Want

7. Do you have a favourite Alan Wilder-ism (i.e. expression, phrase, quote, or mannerism of his)?,

-Chocolate!

-"Hmmmmmm..."

-Depeche Mode

Recoil

• Stumbles in...

mezzanines
    mezzanine who seems to be an empty void of nothingness. Grrr.

Jenny.

Erm, a curious, newish toad fan? I didn't listen to Recoil until 2 or 3 years ago, then I realised what I'd missed out on.

Bloodline, it's what drew me into Alan's murky world.

Gotta be Black Celebration for me.

Right now it would have to be Stalker.

There was a q&a on Shunt which I wish I could access right now. It was about Alan's technique for achieving his gravity defying bread hair. It gave me the giggles.

8. Strawberry, Chocolate, or plain Vanilla?
    The darkest chocolate I can get my hands on.

Followup question: Boxers or Briefs?
    Boxers.

Not a question, just a thought but I really wish Alan would compose film scores.

I usually just like to soak up the atmosphere of his music.

David Lynch.

• The Wilder Intro Answers

1. Sinecave, this is my battle-name from years ago

2. Arturo

3. A curious toad

4. Bloodline

5. Violator and Some great reward

6. Freeze

7. A silence mannerism

8. Vanilla
    Followup: Let me check... yes, i'm wearing boxers

9. Eeeerm, no

MSQ 1: Peaceful peace ;)

MSQ 2: Im agree that Blixa Bargeld would be an interesting thing, how about Nick Cave? (strange)...

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 15 Jun 2007, 00:56
    Nick Cave?...

oh my.... (conjuring up the visuals and sounds....) mmmmmmmmmmm!

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 9 Nov 2007, 17:33
    1. Canaris101
    2. Albert Hoffmann
    3. b
    4. Unsound Methods
    5. Songs of Faith and Devotion, of course! :)
    6. In Your Memory!
    7. His Humour to send Fletch a Postcard in 1997 :p
    8. Chocolate
    Submitted for Collaboration: With Massive Attack.

• Re: The Wilder Questions: Members Q+A Intros!

1. What is your last.fm username? Traceygrrl
    Optional: What would have been your username, had that bugger not snagged it first? Batman

2. What is the name you'd like to go by? (i.e. what all your friends call you?) Tracey

3. Which are you: (a) "new fan"; (b) "devotee through-'n-through"; or (c) "a curious toad"? B

4. What is a favourite Recoil album? Unsound Methods

5. What is a favourite Depeche Mode album, when Alan was a DM band member? Songs of Faith and Devotion

6. What is a favourite song written by Alan (DM years, pre-DM and/or post-DM)? If You Want

7. Do you have a favourite Alan Wilder-ism (i.e. expression, phrase, quote, or mannerism of his)? any time he says the word 'allocated"

8. Strawberry, Chocolate, or plain Vanilla? (No, it's not a trick question and Yes, you must answer this question or your membership will most definitely be denied!) hehehe Mix of strawberry and vanilla

Followup question: Boxers or Briefs? (this question's optional.) Considering this is an Alan Wilder forum..it's either nothing or black silk boxers =P

9. Anything else you'd like to share/the quirky question(s) we left out? not really

--o What's the most frequent thought you have in mind listening to Recoil? anything and everything

Alison Goldfrapp

Carolzetas

2. What is the name you'd like to go by?
    Carol it's good. rs

3. Which are you: (a) "new fan"; (b) "devotee through-'n-through"; or (c) "a curious toad"? A

4. What is a favourite Recoil album? Subhuman (the only I listened)

Music for the masses.

Two minute warning.

7. Do you have a favourite Alan Wilder-ism (i.e. expression, phrase, quote, or mannerism of his)? I love his crooked smile rsrs.

All the sentences? rsrsrs

Er... Next question! rs

I don' think so.

P.S.: My english is terrible. Forgive me. rs

• 1. ManiakalnaMania. Would be just Mania, but it was obviously taken.

2. Magda or Magdalena.

3. a bit of b, probably c (if only I knew what c means xD)

4. Liquid, my very first encounter with Recoil.

5. Violator, Some Great Reward

6. Supreme and Chrome

7. Yes.

8. Chocolate.
    Followup question: Boxers.

'Alan is such a brilliant and talented person...'

Tori Amos

• DipDip1 said...
    • User
    • 31 Aug 2010, 15:35
    немного о Depeche Mode.

http://depmode.info/

альбомы,ремиксы,новости,фото,видео.

• DipDip1 said...
    • User
    • 31 Aug 2010, 15:35
    немного о Depeche Mode.

http://depmode.info/

альбомы,ремиксы,новости,фото,видео.

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.