• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 29 Apr 2011, 23:15

News/Updates

This is where I will post all the news about the website and bands.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 29 Apr 2011, 23:15

Sleeping Giant

Sleeping Giant talks about Kingdom Days In An Evil Age!

by aintnograve on April 8, 2011

SLEEPING GIANT made waves earlier this year when it was announced that they had joined the recently formed AIN’T NO GRAVE RECORDS (ANGR), now the band is hard at work putting the finishing touches on their first record of the partnership, ‘Kingdom Days In An Evil Age’. Bassist JR Bermuda had the following to say:

“We are very excited to be working with Ain’t No Grave Recordings. For the type of thing we are trying to do, to be more ministry than band, to release a sound that not many people are doing yet, ANGR was the clear choice. We knew we had to completely surpass the first two albums in any way possible. It needed to be heavier, angrier, and bolder. We love those songs, but this new album has a different energy on it. We all have urgency and stirring in our spirits. That may be a phrase thrown around in Christian culture, but this album to us represents what we live for: the kingdom of God- which is bigger than church, bigger than Sleeping Giant, bigger than whatever culture or people group we are a part of. The Kingdom is now, and the world needs God’s justice to come, which is always FOR people, and never against them. So with the authority we have been given in Jesus, and the platform we have been blessed with in the band we thought, if the whole world was watching, what would we say, or better yet, what would we do? The answer is declaration of the glory and goodness of God to a world filled with injustice against peoples, and nations in peril, miracles to display His power, physical and emotional healing to display His love, and break the chains of the captives. ”

Eric Gregson (guitars) added, “‘Kingdom Days In An Evil Age’ is everything you love about Sleeping Giant amplified. It’s more aggressive than our last 2 albums. Its heavier, its faster, and the worship is deeper and more brazen than it has ever been. We definitely got more ambitious about this one. We pulled out all the stops.”

SLEEPING GIANT also took a quick break from the studio to play a few dates on the Atticus Metal Tour III alongside Darkest Hour, Born of Osiris, As Blood Runs Black and The Human Abstract but will be announcing more touring plans in the coming weeks as well.

For more information on SLEEPING GIANT or to schedule press opportunities, please contact josh@centurymedia.com.

Release date - 7.12.11

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 29 Apr 2011, 23:17

The Great Commission

The Great Commission – “Heavy Worship” Update!

by aintnograve on April 11, 2011

The Great Commission is pleased to announce that they will be releasing their second full length album entitled “Heavy Worship” through Ain’t No Grave Records (ANGR) this summer on July 12th. Vocalist Justin Singh had this to say:

“It has been over 2 years since we have released a new album and we are blessed that it will be with a record label that shares our same vision and purpose. With our new album we didn’t want to fall into the same old Christian Metal/Hardcore cliché. We wanted to create a new genre; something that was Worship driven, more than just music. We wanted it to be just as heavy spiritually as it was musically, that’s how “Heavy Worship” was born.”

Guitarist Angela Razo said “This is the heaviest, most anointed music we have written yet. This album sums up 2 years of writing and planning. We are ready to take this world by storm.”

The Great Commission recorded their second full length album with Andrew P. Glover (Sleeping Giant, Winds of Plague, Wolf City) in Rancho Cucamonga, CA at Sound Temple Studio. Andrew had the following to say

“Being from Southern California I have been able to see The Great Commission go from a promising up and coming band to a national force to be reckoned with. I had the pleasure of getting to work on very early versions of these songs a year ago and I was ecstatic when the band asked me if I would produce and engineer their ANGR debut. This was, undoubtedly, the most taxing recording experience I have ever been a part of. Due to all of our relentless touring schedules we were forced to fit a record that should’ve taken a month and fit it into just over a week of recording which is something that I think everyone thought would be an impossible feat. With the aid of a few hundred dollars worth of Rockstar and a ton of determination on all of our parts we were able to finish just in time with the record that will define what the Great Commission has become and will help them forge forward in the future as leaders in both the Christian and secular scenes.”

The Great Commission is currently doing dates to New England Metal Fest and will be playing multiple festivals this summer. The band also has big tour plans for the summer and will be announcing more tours within the next couple weeks.

www.Facebook.com/TheGreatCommish

www.Myspace.com/TheGreatCommission

www.Twitter.com/TheGreatCommish

Release date - 7.12.11

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 29 Apr 2011, 23:18

As Hell Retreats

We are very happy to announce that the third addition to the ANGR roster is Tennessee-based progressive death metal band As Hell Retreats. The band’s ANGR debut album titled “Volition,” produced by Brian Hood (MyChildrenMyBride), will hit stores on July 26th.

Jackson Greene (vocals) comments: “We are happy to be a part of ANGR and excited to work with its amazing staff. Our album, ‘Volition,’ has been in the works for over a year now and we couldn’t be any happier with how it turned out. We’ve matured greatly since our first full-length, trying to incorporate new influences and ideas to our music, both instrumentally and lyrically. It is a blessing to have ANGR releasing this for us in the summer. We cannot wait to share this record with everyone.”

www.facebook.com/ashellretreats
    www.myspace.com/ashellretreats

Release date - 7.26.11

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 14 May 2011, 21:54

New song by The Great Commission - Draw The Line

Off the upcoming album Heavy Worship. Release date July 12th

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qd7jQC1oW-E&feature=feedu

Edited by a deleted user on 14 May 2011, 22:16
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 14 May 2011, 22:13

New song by As Hell Retreats - Young Heretic

Off the upcoming new record Volition releasing on July 26th

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6FEHT_nT_g

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 18 May 2011, 16:12

New Sleeping Giant song - Dead Man Walking

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 4 Jun 2011, 20:02

Pre-orders

Sleeping Giant and The Great Commission Pre Orders are up now!

http://www.merchconnectioninc.com/

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 4 Jun 2011, 20:14

Kiros signs with ANGR

We are very happy to announce that the newest addition to the ANGR roster is Kiros. Canadian titans KIROS, whose name is Greek and means “a moment of divine time”, have seemingly done it all. They’ve independently released an album that quickly became a hot commodity. They’ve even played festivals such as Bamboozle, Cornerstone, Creation Festival and Vans Warped Tour and been featured in Alternative Press. Now they can add one more notch to their belts, as today we announce that KIROS has signed a recording contract with Ain’t No Grave Records (ANGR).

Now the band who took home a 2008 GMA for ‘Rock Song of the Year’ is hard at work on their next offering that will be out later this year. KIROS also has plans to hit the road with Hawk Nelson and Fireflight this fall. Stay tuned for more information on KIROS.

KIROS online:

http://www.kiros.com/

http://www.facebook.com/kirosband

http://www.youtube.com/kirosband

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 10 Jun 2011, 00:08

The Great Commission - Draw The Line

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 16 Jun 2011, 01:02

As Hell Retreats Volition pre-orders up now!

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 21 Jun 2011, 20:39

The Great Commission - The Walking Dead

• Kiros Release New Song

The new album "Lay Your Weapons Down" will be released on Feb. 7, 2012

I've walked the beautiful fields of Armageddon and trembled before the Holocaust gates. I lost my breath somewhere in-between and found myself no longer fearing for my safety.
    -Mantric, Spear of Heaven
Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.