How did these days just disappear?

• keelys said...
    • User
    • 4 Sep 2009, 00:04

How did these days just disappear?

Well I'm just back from an amazing trip to Australia to see a couple of the last Lucksmiths shows, in Melbourne and Hobart. I feel like this is an end to a chapter in my life, the part where I care enough about a band to go see them play live; as I stood up in the front, hemmed in on all sides by people playing with their cell phones, my knees failing me, I thought to myself this really is the end. I watched the woman next to me frantically texting while The Luckies sang a mindblowingly poignant "The Golden Age of Aviation" wondering how anything could be more important than what was happening on stage. So I sighed, and closed my eyes, and softly sang along, trying to put her out of my mind.

So has anybody given up going out to shows, or am I just being bitter? I often feel like I'm intruding on someone else's party these days.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 30 Oct 2009, 20:27
    I don't know really. Sometimes i experience what you just did, sometimes the magic is still there. I saw Primal Scream a couple of months back, and it was great. OK, I stood at the back of the hall, not getting sweaty, while enjoying my beer and stomping my foot to the rythm of the music. I sort of reminisced about the concerts of my youth, but I was still content with enjoying the show - not necessarily being a part of it.
    In a few weeks I'll be going to I Am Kloot. Then I'll probably stand a foot or two away from the stage, singing along with every tune (even though I'm sort of embarassed about it) ...

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.