fall out boy rox! who's with me??

• yourselfs. hahahaha. wow.

• Quoth :
    I'd totally be your fallXoutXfanXclub VP! I think most of their stuff is pretty good. Sometimes it gets too....you know, musicky though. But when the cut back on the music I think it's great!!

you are a moron, no offense.

• okheidi said...
    • User
    • 28 May 2006, 04:46

Re:

Quoth mygodpetewentz:
    i LOVE Fall Out Boy!!!!!!!!! they rock. i just seen them in concert and i absolutly LOVE them.

I strongly suggest you look into changing your username to 'mygodpetewentzisbad'. Honesty is the best policy.

• This could be the worst thread ever.

• well i saw fall out boy last year before they started to get big and i thought they boring nothing speical, the support bands were better though!

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 11 Jul 2006, 22:57
    Suck my cock, whores.

• I'm really sick of this "fuck fall out boy, they suck" bull shit and "oh my god panic at the disco sounds like death" blah blah blah.
    who cares.
    go on with your lives and quit fighting over dumb bands.
    If you don't like them, fine, but don't get all angry because society loves pop-punk bands and they're just "all the rage."

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 12 Jul 2006, 04:34
    zzzzz

• ha. i like fall out boy. *heart*

• Oh gawd this is a difficult one. I don't wanna sound like a poser but I have this weakness for Fall Out Boy. Well, not really but I hadn't liked their first album and when "Take This To Your Grave" came out I liked a couple songs and then "From Under the Cork Tree" came out and I HATED it at first.

But then my dad got the CD and I refused to listen to it. However we were in an empty house with nothing but a laptop(no internet)and the FOB CD, a Switchfoot CD, and a Vertical Horizon CD. I usually love my dad's taste in music(U2, Snow Patrol, AVA, Modest Mouse, Coldplay, Jethro Tull, Hawthorne Heights) but that day that was all he had and I swear I was so bored and out of my mind I thought I was going to slit my writs in the bathroom so I'd have something to do besides listen to THAT!

But my sister put on "From Under the Cork Tree" and the first couple times we listened to it I hated it. I was begging to listen to Switchfoot(yeah, that desparate) but my sister is more stubborn than me.

Finally I found one song that grew on me, "Get Busy Living or Get Busy Dying" and then, "XO" and sooner or later I liked a lot of it.

It's the most embarrassing thing in the world.

But I really hate all you teenies who are OBSESSED with them. I mean, I admit I like them but I bet you can play bass as good as Pete. They're just another band. They just happen to have a bunch of 12 year old girls running after them. This years N Sync. You'll be over it in a little while...

• omg, mandadepp. i was the same way at first. i thought they were very annoying.......

but i do really like them a lot. and i am learning "Dance, Dance" on guitar....

im not just lyke "Omg! They are soo hot!" i really like the lyrics, and the music....

unlike N Sync........

Crystal

• Fall Out Boy is decent but nothing special and Take This To Your Grave was a much better album than From Under The Cork Tree. XO's the only song that really stands out on FUTCT. I'd rather listen to pre-Crimshit Alkaline Trio, Saves The Day, Say Anything, Bayside, and a number of other pop/punk bands over FOB though.

But now it's me and luck
    Best of friends and drunk again and we're all going to Hell
    And what I mean to say is I mean that in the best possible way
  • jay_rawk said:
    I'm really sick of this "fuck fall out boy, they suck" bull shit and "oh my god panic at the disco sounds like death" blah blah blah.
    who cares.
    go on with your lives and quit fighting over dumb bands.
    If you don't like them, fine, but don't get all angry because society loves pop-punk bands and they're just "all the rage."

• Not that this is about Fall Out Boy, but I'm angry at Cute Is What We Aim For. Not because they're all the rage, but because I'm pretty sure I could pass for completely f'ing retarded after listening to just 10 seconds of any given song off their album.

There really is a point to this: a lot of the people that hate FOB and P!ATD aren't just mad because they're all the rage, they're mad because they wish said bands would STFU forever and stop making what they consider awful music. Just sayin'.

But now it's me and luck
  • Hmm, I think a lot of people who are basing on fall out boy and the likes are really just doing so to be scene kids. It's cool to hate fall out boy, panic! or whatever band that is to compare to them. Sum 41 for example doesnt even have a bad live show, yet still are they being dissed out by the self proclaimed scene kids. It's not like they've actually listned to it and made an objective opinion of themselves, they just hate it cause their popular and cause they make diffrent music.

Look, both fall out boy, panic! and good charlotte have quite shitty live performances, and are a bunch of stuck up fucks, but it still doesnt mean every band in that genre of music sucks. It's cool if you don't like it, but don't disrespect it unless you can ground it on more then "they suck"...

• I can't speak for the latter two but I've gone to a couple FOB shows. I'm nowhere near their biggest fan but I liked their live performances.

But now it's me and luck
  • then really, apart from not liking the music they make, would you not respect them? I know you are alot more tolerant then a lot of other fucks around here, and so i'm really aiming this point at those who really think that an artist sucks just cause they don't like em. People are too fucking jugdemental, narrow minded and disrespectful towards things they don't enjoy hearing...

• I pre-ordered FUTCT because I expected it to be better than it was. I would much rather listen to Take This To Your Grave, which actually is a pretty solid album IMO. I have no real motive to judge them outside of wishing they hadn't changed their sound so much. Eh.

I listen to a lot of pop/punk, although I prefer some of the darker bands in the genre, particularly Alkaline Trio and Bayside.

But now it's me and luck
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 2 Sep 2006, 23:04
    I think it angers people that the mainstream music machine has hijacked a large portion of underground music and has turned it into a money making scheme with bands like Fall Out Boy as their spokesman. Does Fall Out Boy have anything to do with punk? No. But yet here they are on a message board called "absolute punk" being discussed. The transformation of a music scene that struggled for years to achieve complete autonomony into a aesthetic to sprinkle on generic pop rock band No. 3 to make them a instant marketing success is a little upsetting to people who have more then just a passing interest in music on the line. Punk and its ethics are a major part of my identity and I don't appreciate having something that I hold dear exploited to move records.

Also, the music is awful (which really is the most important thing) and they obviously hold a need to propagate a "fashionable look" higher then writing decent tunes. The bottom line is that some people find it offensive that a band like this is somehow being related to the same movement that they belong to which, in this case, couldn't be further from the truth.

• So basically you have a problem with a bunch of retards who can't tell real punk from their own ass?

But now it's me and luck
  • I've been looking at the trend in liking Fall Out Boy.
    So I've decided to be ahead.
    I hate the people who hate the people who hate Fall Out Boy because they're mainstream.
    Like what you like. Don't base it on the fact that 14 year old girls like it or not because that doesn't change the music.
    But then again I do downplay liking Fall Out Boy solely so I won't be surrounded by 14 year old girls going OH EM GEE I HART FAWB TOO WE'RE SOULMATES!!11!!

• RedKoopaShell said:
    I've been looking at the trend in liking Fall Out Boy.
    So I've decided to be ahead.
    I hate the people who hate the people who hate Fall Out Boy because they're mainstream.
    Like what you like. Don't base it on the fact that 14 year old girls like it or not because that doesn't change the music.
    But then again I do downplay liking Fall Out Boy solely so I won't be surrounded by 14 year old girls going OH EM GEE I HART FAWB TOO WE'RE SOULMATES!!11!!

Amen to that. The music is the music.

As a 20 year old if I got surrounded by girls that young I'd run 200 miles away screaming "JAIL BAIT JAIL BAIT JUST GET AWAY FROM ME AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH OMGWTFBBQ!!!!!!"

But now it's me and luck
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 3 Sep 2006, 23:00
    t3h1337j35u5 said:
    So basically you have a problem with a bunch of retards who can't tell real punk from their own ass?

Actually, my problem was with people turning a subculture into a commodity.

• I respect that, but I also respect the desires of long-time Indie bands like Death Cab For Cutie to hit the mainstream as long as they don't forget where they came from and turn their sound into commercial crap.

But now it's me and luck
Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.