ESCAPE THE FATE!

• JLOCO said...
    • User
    • 11 May 2006, 00:30

ESCAPE THE FATE!

Have you guys heard this band yet? they are the shit!

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 16 May 2006, 03:43
    AMAZING BAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Archaeo said...
    • User
    • 24 May 2006, 04:15
    I agree, sickly awesome!

Never change the way you are for the way you aren't.
  • yea. im dying for the new stuff this fall. the EP is kick ass. and im about to call it now. by the end of the year. they will be huge. like AP cover huge. 15 million shirts at hot topic huge. famous fast like panic at the disco huge.

yep.

i have done this for the sound.
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 13 Jun 2006, 04:33
    man thefailed is an embarassment.

• just being honest. i mean come on. have you heard them? plus the fact that they have the whole "scene" look, they're going to be big. and what better way is there to put how huge theyre going to be then to give examples of it. you know its true>[examples given = what happens when a band is "known"]

i have done this for the sound.
    • Froufie said...
    • User
    • 15 Jun 2006, 16:33

ermmm

havent heard em...
    ok.

• The band is okay

Dancing To Sorrow
    Edited by SilBlackparade on 11 Dec 2006, 20:22
  • Found their PureVolume page. Uh, could someone explain what is so good about this band? They sound like a musically lighter Underoath with a less screaming. Don't get me wrong, they're better than Underoath, but Underoath blows so that's not much of an accomplishment.

thefailed said:
    yea. im dying for the new stuff this fall. the EP is kick ass. and im about to call it now. by the end of the year. they will be huge. like AP cover huge. 15 million shirts at hot topic huge. famous fast like panic at the disco huge.

yep.

They'll be huge, and just like a ton of the huge pseudo-screamo bands they will suck ass.

But now it's me and luck
    Best of friends and drunk again and we're all going to Hell
    And what I mean to say is I mean that in the best possible way
  • thefailed said:
    by the end of the year. they will be huge. like AP cover huge. 15 million shirts at hot topic huge. famous fast like panic at the disco huge.

you being able to call the "hugeness" of another shitty knockoff hard-rock-posing-as-metal-or-hardcore band. all the "huge" events you called are the calling cards of bad bands getting too much credit for being bad songwriters and boring as shit. 95% of alternative press cover bands are ridiculous caricatures of what people think punk is; the bands represented by hot topic (a.k.a. the fucking gap for kids who think punk is a fashion statement); panic! at the disco is a joke.

this band, escape the fate, is a weak excuse for a rip-off. this has been done, and it has been done a million times better. Saetia is a much much much better hardcore band, and one of the last real screamo bands. Dethklok is a better metal band, and they're not even fucking real. this shit is a joke. fashion-core can fuck all the way the fuck off.

• iwasneveryoung said:
    this band, escape the fate, is a weak excuse for a rip-off. this has been done, and it has been done a million times better. Saetia is a much much much better hardcore band, and one of the last real screamo bands. Dethklok is a better metal band, and they're not even fucking real. this shit is a joke. fashion-core can fuck all the way the fuck off.

^^^what he just said.

But now it's me and luck
  • HAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA why would anyone even consider posting a forum about a shitty fucking, dick up their asses, from first to last wannabe, piece of shit band like escape the fate? basically, theyre terrible.

• gay

i find it funny that you guys waste your time
    ragging on bands
    that dont even ask you to listen to them.
    if you dont like them
    then dont listen to them.
    no one cares if you think they're a bad rip off of fftl
    i personally think most of you
    are just mad
    because your pansy poser garage band
    dont sound anywhere as good as escape the fate.
    now go find a band you like
    and listen to them
    and stop trying to make yourself look big and bad
    by saying what this freak said above.
    mmk?

• My pansy poser garage band is better than escape the fate, because it doesnt exist (to an even greater level than deathklok). and why did you have to reply like you were writing a poem?

i find it funny that you are
    a gorm who uses insults that are
    more applicable to yourself
    I personally think that
    you are just mad
    because your pansy poser escape the fate
    doesnt soundanywhere near as good
    as my farts.
    forget about them
    and like better bands.

• shutupandleave said:
    i find it funny that you guys waste your time
    ragging on bands
    that dont even ask you to listen to them.
    if you dont like them
    then dont listen to them.
    no one cares if you think they're a bad rip off of fftl
    i personally think most of you
    are just mad
    because your pansy poser garage band
    dont sound anywhere as good as escape the fate.
    and listen to them
    and stop trying to make yourself look big and bad
    by saying what this freak said above.
    mmk?

Hey, have you ever read your own username? I think you should follow its advice.

But now it's me and luck
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 6 Jun 2007, 01:45
    Honestly, they're far from anything special.

• dtgmatt said...
    • User
    • 16 Jul 2007, 18:47
    I don't even know what these guys sound like but I saw a picture of them once. I laughed.

• They sound like the kind of music that makes a species want to be extinct.

But now it's me and luck

• Edited by stillenchanted on 17 Sep 2008, 16:29
  • They're not being judged by looks, popularity, or fans. They're being trashed because they're an insult to music.

But now it's me and luck

• Edited by stillenchanted on 17 Sep 2008, 16:32
  • stillenchanted said:
    as long as they're doing it for the right reasons and not for the fame or whatever...

i know when i start an exceptionally unoriginal band that i shouldn't expect fans of other bands that sound exactly the same as mine to also enjoy us. i understand that we have to work like, almost twice as hard to get our name out, and you know what that means -- eight different tshirt designs sold at ten bucks apiece!!! that'll earn us the respect we think we deserve!

• stillenchanted said:
    sorry but, who are you to judge?
    i mean...if there's people listening to them and people truly liking them for their music, if their music touches people in some way and if they can convey a message to those who are listening to and enjoying their music, then i think that that's all that matters. and it would mean that their music doe mean something. maybe not to you.maybe it's not good enough for you, but that doesnt mean it's nothing or that it shouldn't exist.
    as long as they're doing it for the right reasons and not for the fame or whatever...

I'm the person who would take these albums away from my [strictly theoretical] teenage kid and hand him some awesome hardcore albums to listen to instead. I listen to music with some actual semblance of talent and substance; therefore, I have no problems judging another POS band going for fame that DOESN'T have any semblance of talent of substance (plus they wear girls' pants... that's just lame).

But now it's me and luck
  • WTF

How Does One Deem Himself a critic?

As for those who are saying escape the fate is a rip of of from first to last... i get so sick of hearing that these bands start playing music before bands like from first to last are even popular and as soon as they finally get noticed they get unfairly compared to bands who have been signed longer and are looked down on because their sound is similar. Alongside that people like it when bands hit the scene that sound similar to other bands because well oddly enough that's what a genre is for...can you say genre,...it's a toughy but sound it out.... people have a favorite type of music because they like the way it sounds. If every single band that came out sounded completely different noone would like more than one band and as for that statement in itself it wouldn't work music has been pushed further and further..we're running out of ideas. bands from the jackson 5 to the locusts when you look down the line everything is similar in some way from tempos to similar singers..... Escape the Fate is a talented band who has been through alot...with truthful albeit cliche' lyrics at times and very well put together music, as for calling them hardcore or metal,...they aren't.... they are a post-hardcore/emo/screamo band with nice metal outbursts from time to time....retards.

• Of course they're not hardcore; I'm saying just about any hardcore band would be an improvement. They're a lousy post-hardcore band. Emo? Screamo? No. Screamo = Circle Takes The Square. Bands like ETF are not screamo.

But now it's me and luck
Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.