Saves the Day-Sound the Alarm
    Gatsby's American Dream-Volcano
    Portugal. The Man-Waiter, You Vultures

Quoth imelliottword:
    1. Saves The Day-Sound The Alarm
    2. Taking Back Sunday- Louder Now
    3. Head Automatica- Popaganda

Quoth TheDearHunter:
    new underoath is amazaing and its nothing like every time i die, spencer's screaming is a lot better and the music is a lot better

goddamn! this board is almost too punk rock for me!! i don't know how you people live with yourselves, being so damn punk rock and listening to such interesting and original music!

haha j/k! this shit sucks! the new STD is sooooo disappointing. at first i was thinking "oh hey, so i heard this would be a return to old-school 'not suck' STD!" and then i got to listen and i thought "oh hey, so they must fucking love money! because the majority of these songs are really really boring!" same with that new Thursday record. Thursday's just really silly now. as for Head Automatica, i also dislike them on principle, not just musically! by the way, Underoath pretty much = 100% balls lame. some of you really ought to look into music where the "screaming quality" isn't what's important. i mean, wtf? how do you judge "good" screaming? fuck it, if there's screaming it better be fucking loud. that shit's what matters. Saetia? OS? even American Nightmare/GUTG? anyone?

oh well, i guess i'll just have to chalk it up to the fact that you're all like, 13 years old and have no interest in music that you might care about in ten years. oh shit! some you kids are actually grown-ass kids!

wut do u knoe dood u listen 2 black ppl muzik.

oh nooooooooo!!!!

p.s. Black Star rules, dude, good choice.

• I change my vote. Muse's Black Holes and Revelations wins by far.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 12 Jun 2006, 07:05
    Anathallo.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 12 Jun 2006, 09:01
    I don't think I've bought any '06 albums yet.
    But what I've heard from the new Underoath is great.

• alphabet. alphabets. kicks some major ass. coming out tomorrow! Underoath will be good, also coheed's side project's release will kick.

• RPK004 said...
    • User
    • 12 Jun 2006, 19:33
    Define the Great Line will probably be my album of the year. Spencer kind of returned to his more brutal scream he used when he was in This Runs Through and the band seems to be going back to more of their early EP/changing of times days. sick.

My next two picks are Louder Now and Alexisonfire's "Crisis." Sight unseen, it'll be amazing.

• im thinking. senses fail is going to kill when it comes out.

yep.

underoath is good as well. and hit the lights is one of the best powerpop albums i've heard in awhile, same with crash romeo. no one has mentioned from first to last, but "heroine" is a pretty amazing cd. and i agree with the halifax. that cd is kick ass, and so completely them that its ridiculously. i wouldnt have expected anything different from those guys.

i have done this for the sound.
  • i don't know why people still claim taste is subjective.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 13 Jun 2006, 04:32
    damn, some people.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 13 Jun 2006, 06:47

Re:

Quoth griffard:
    alphabet. alphabets. kicks some major ass. coming out tomorrow! Underoath will be good, also coheed's side project's release will kick.
    Oh. Fuck.

I forgot about PFI. But, yeah, it will be great.

• Futureheads News & Tributes?
    SY's Rather Ripped?
    Man Man's Six Demon Bag?

anyone?
    anyone?

• The new GAD release is gonna blow everything out of the water

• Menken said...
    • User
    • 18 Jun 2006, 00:46
    No particular order...

Less than Jake
    TBS
    Chili Peppers
    Tool
    Pearl Jam
    AFI

looking forward to...

-The live Reel Big Fish combo
    -Rise Against (not going to pirate it, fuck you guys)
    -Word of a new Coheed disc
    -Hearing new Streetlight Manifesto stuff on the tour
    -an Against Me! headlining tour

• Re:

Quoth Menken:
    -Hearing new Streetlight Manifesto stuff on the tour
    -an Against Me! headlining tour

tool is wildly overrated, but the new SM stuff is pretty choice. and AM!'s been headlining for long time now, did you really mean AM! in a stadium? does that really sound like fun?

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 19 Jun 2006, 03:18
    yeah. i totally forgot about alphabet. alphabets. by trophy scars. goddamn, it's soooooooooooooooo good. jerry jones' lyrics make me wet downstairrrrs.

• my choice is rocky votolato - makers

• i can't tell if we are talking about 2005 or 2006...

someone help.

• An album of the year thread in the middle of June? It's a little too early to actually call anything the album of the year since fall is when a lot of new shit comes out.

Anyway, i'm about to be a hypocrite and actually list some of my favorites of this year up to this point...

Neko Case - Fox Confessor Brings The Flood
    The Twilight Singers - Powder Burns
    Sonic Youth - Rather Ripped
    Haram - self titled
    Thom Yorke - The Eraser
    Rainer Maria - Catastrophe Keeps Us Together
    Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Show Your Bones
    Olympia (ex-Fairweather, Brand New Disaster, etc.) - 5 song demo ep
    Versus The Mirror - Home
    Spitfire - Self-Help
    The Sleeping - Questions And Answers
    Taking Back Sunday - Louder Now
    Some Girls - Heaven's Pregnant Teens
    Ambulette - The Lottery

Yeah, anyway, hi. This is my first post in this forum. I need more friends. Add me or something. I'm nice, I swear.

• PDon11 said...
    • User
    • 23 Jun 2006, 18:17
    Isobel Campbell and Mark Lanegan, Tool, The Forecast, Mogwai, The Flaming Lips, Eagles of Death Metal, The Bronx, The Sleeping, The Sound of Animals Fighting.

Looking forward to Gatsby's American Dream, Muse, Rise Against, Thom Yorke, Mastadon, RX Bandits, Saosin, Brand New, Silverchair, The Atomic Bitchwax, Sparta. And my most anticipted is the new Mars Volta which has a big chance of topping my list.

• Re:

Quoth PDon11:
    Isobel Campbell and Mark Lanegan, Tool, The Forecast, Mogwai, The Flaming Lips, Eagles of Death Metal, The Bronx, The Sleeping, The Sound of Animals Fighting.

wait, someone actually liked that album....?

• PDon11 said...
    • User
    • 23 Jun 2006, 19:33
    It grew on me after a couple of listens. It has some really great songs in my opinion.

• mmilian said...
    • User
    • 23 Jun 2006, 20:20
    As of right now, it's between Moneen's Red Tree, Billy Talent's sophomore release and Thursday's A City By the Light Divided, but as far as I'm concerned, the Brand New Demos top both of those. I can't even imagine how great the final album will be.

P.S. Untitled 07, while still untitled, will be on the new album. This is great news. They played it at the Starland Ballroom show with full piano and all.

• Re:

Quoth mmilian:
    As of right now, it's between Moneen's Red Tree, Billy Talent's sophomore release and Thursday's A City By the Light Divided, but as far as I'm concerned, the Brand New Demos top both of those. I can't even imagine how great the final album will be.

Billy Talent!!! haaaaaaaahahahahaha!!!

there was a Billy Talent song in that fucking movie "Grind" (wtf to such a shitty soundtrack in a fucking movie about skating???) and it was so goofy.

the new Thursday is super weak. weaker than the new Saves The Day. which was really fucking weak.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 25 Jun 2006, 04:02

Re: Re:

Quoth iwasneveryoung:
    Quoth mmilian:

there was a Billy Talent song in that fucking movie "Grind" (wtf to such a shitty soundtrack in a fucking movie about skating???) and it was so goofy.

the new Thursday is super weak. weaker than the new Saves The Day. which was really fucking weak.

i disagree. can you believe it?

• Re: Re: Re:

Quoth MrLawry:
    Quoth iwasneveryoung:
    Quoth mmilian:

i disagree. can you believe it?

with which part?

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.