• Why do you listen to the music you listen to?

Why do you like metal/grunge/pop/classical/whatever?

• I find post rock just washes over me so easily. It makes a change from metal now and then.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 14 Dec 2007, 14:12
    Oh, heh. I listen to post-rock, too.
    I like being able to make up my own meaning for songs, rather than be forced to adhere to some predetermined (by lyrics) set of meanings. Granted, quite a few post-rock bands have vocals, but I either can't understand them (sigur ros) or they're so much a part of the entire song that they don't totally dominate.

• I find classical music to be very inspiring and it makes me relax, most of the times.

Rock's really easy-listening for me, drums, a guitar, sometimes a piano.

Metal helps me release my anger, it helps me focus. And I simply find it great to listen to: some of the best guitarists are in metal bands, as well as the drummers.

Pop music.. nostalgic, mostly. Easy-listening, simple lyrics (most of the time).

And I forget the other six-thousands genres people made up and I listen to, but, you'll have to do with this.

• I find classical music to be very inspiring and it makes me relax, most of the times.

Rock's really easy-listening for me, drums, a guitar, sometimes a piano.

Metal helps me release my anger, it helps me focus. And I simply find it great to listen to: some of the best guitarists are in metal bands, as well as the drummers.

Pop music.. nostalgic, mostly. Easy-listening, simple lyrics (most of the time).

And I forget the other six-thousand genres people made up and I listen to, but, you'll have to do with this.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 15 Jan 2008, 11:12
    Why? difcult to answer on this 'matter of taste' i guess, but i think the influece of , and alot of us will say that's not true but know it is, the music owr parents been listen to is having a big influece on the music we START listen to, the Jazz my dad listen to had a big influec on me, soo why? because of that jazz influec... dunno :)

• Because I like what I'm listening to [:

It reflects my feelings, allows me to express some of them

"If you open your mind too much, your brain will fall out"
    • GHIH said...
    • User
    • 9 Feb 2008, 11:52
    It's a way to express myself.
    For me it's also a way to experience escapism:
    Music on, world off.

Sing along with me
    No matter what you believe
  • cause I like music I listen to :p

• I love it all. Honestly, there is not one genre of music that I don't like. However, I am still trying to get into some country music. Otherwise, music is my oasis!

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 25 Feb 2008, 13:21
    becoz it poonz everyone elses muzikz xD

lulz noh, i mainly listen to preogressive rock/metal and death/doom metal because it's really emotive music, and it stirs my imagination like wildfire =D

• well, music makes that I feel much better. It helps me to express my feelings. I can't imagine my life without music :))

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 14 Nov 2010, 15:48
    Well, I definitely have to thank my parents for my music taste today.
    I grew up listening to alternative music from the 80s and 90s. It was constantly playing in the car, at home, etc., so that's why alt rock is my favorite genre.

I listen to pretty much everything now, though. Basically... I listen to the music I listen to because it either A) brings back memories, B) sounds good, C) the lyrics are relatable, or D) all of the above! :D

• music

when i listen to music i dont here anything around me. wow i listen to alot of pop, rock, christian, or any type of music really!

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.