The Nine Inch Nails Tour. Good Thing or Bad Thing?

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 7 May 2008, 17:21

The Nine Inch Nails Tour. Good Thing or Bad Thing?

What does everyone think. I am kind of mixed on the whole thing. It is cool that they are going to get exposure, but it is Nine Inch Nails.

• unlachs said...
    • User
    • 16 Aug 2008, 03:23
    any exposure is good exposure

don't forget they're also touring with mgmt later on.......

what?
  • nin the band is great, nin the fanbase is god awful.

that being said, i've been a fan of aptbs the year before they went on tour with nin, i was initially impressed that they got on bill. however, as an afterthought of having attended my last nin concert this summer and reading what they said about APTBS on the nin forums, its pretty much a bad thing. exposure is good but not when you're playing in front of essentially 90% suburban mainstream fans. most of the comments on aptbs on the forums consists of "i did not get it at all", "obnoxious lights", etc essentially all 'wtf' comments.
    the nin fanbase back whenever nin opened for jesus and the mary chain is definitely not the nin that is today. getting aptbs to open for nin essentially meant aptbs was playing for a bunch of bro's and emo kids. however, i bet the money was pretty sweet, and for those who couldn't have seen APTBS otherwise had a special treat. :}

• They are big enough.

A Place To Bury Strangers are big enough now to not have to support anyone. They should be headlining gigs, though on reflection NiN are ok and they do have a big fanbase, so APtBS are going to get exposure. I wouldn't pay to see them support anyone though, I'd much rather hear them play a decent sized set.

Off topic - This band deserves our support. I'll be heading down to Piccadilly Records to buy my copy of their new album on CD. I'd urge anyone else who has enjoyed the new album to do the same.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 3 Jan 2010, 04:08
    i knew about aptbs because of the sample disc of nin tour... so believe me: FOR ME IT WAS FUCKIN GOOD! =)

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.