metal isnt hardcore!!!!!!!!!!!!

• metal isnt hardcore!!!!!!!!!!!!

kill tatoo waving vest wearing"hardcore"apes!!!!!!!!!!and listen to minor threat...Seeing Red oh and void...and against all athority......ya!

• this post was cute!

• stickx said...
    • User
    • 11 Aug 2006, 00:15
    He's james dean.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 12 Aug 2006, 14:31
    mmm sausages

• ever heard that unreleased void record

its metal as fuck

• But still awesome.

• Wehrmacht counts as hardcore, regardless.

• how can you equate against all authority with the likes of minor threat and void?

• slicedbread1230 said:
    how can you equate against all authority with the likes of minor threat and void?

thats what i was wondering

• Against All Authority are a pretty great band but it just isn't the same.

• stevechaya said:
    ever heard that unreleased void record

its metal as fuck
    please sendspace or something

• I'll do a YouSendIt for you and post it here and in your shoutbox. Do you have the Hit and Run Demos? I can do those for you too if you want.

Edited by BlitzzkriegBill on 24 Sep 2006, 07:37

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 26 Sep 2006, 01:51
    Corrosion Of Conformity was hardcore at one point

• im talkin about bands like "terror" and "hatebreed" they r not fuckin hardcore.
    C O C were great once but now suck
    p.s just cuz against all athority wernt around in the 80s dosnt mean there r not as gud!!!! u snobs

• Crumbsuckers and COC

They were Metalcore...

IMHO they should count under 80's hardcore (or at least the discussion here). Once you get to COC's Blind, then they jump the shark into full blwon metal. Crumbsucker's BOMB and Life of Dreams equals Animostity, Technocracy, etc.

corrofCorrosion of ConformityCrumbsuckersBeast on My BackAnimosity

Rinjo Njori
  • hatebreed could be hardcore

im_james_dean said:
    im talkin about bands like "terror" and "hatebreed" they r not fuckin hardcore.
    p.s just cuz against all athority wernt around in the 80s dosnt mean there r not as gud!!!! u snobs

hatebreed is as hardcore as Agnostic Front was.

Rinjo Njori
  • VOID-Potion and Hahdcoar Metul

There was some killer Hardcore /Metal, problem was that 90% was crap $$$ grabbin' (HA!) poodle haired jackholes who equated cliched riffs, arrangements, and poor playing with hardcore.

HIRAX
    COC
    DRI
    VOIVOD (pre-Dimesion Hateross)

The best of the biggies IMHO.

Bill, can you repost VOID - POTION FOR BAD DREAMS!!!??? I'm a newb and missed out! I'm feverish over here!!

Mars.

No melody in loud music, please.
  • marshottentot said:
    Bill, can you repost VOID - POTION FOR BAD DREAMS!!!??? I'm a newb and missed out! I'm feverish over here!!

Mars.

Check for it on a p2p program like DC++ or soulseek. It's not hard to find.

rinjonjori said:
    im_james_dean said:
    im talkin about bands like "terror" and "hatebreed" they r not fuckin hardcore.

hatebreed is as hardcore as Agnostic Front was.

nope, rather as hardcore as Integrity was.

• seaic said...
    • User
    • 11 Nov 2006, 23:06
    hehehe hardcore is more htan just guitar riffs.. however there have always been plenty of metal influences in HC from the absolute beginning, in some places more than in others (i mean geographically)...

music helps me breathe
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 14 Nov 2006, 02:04
    God..dont be so narrow minded. I love punk period. anything from 80s hardcore to sludge, from punk rock to grindcore and screamo. i do hate all the co-called metalheads but you cant forget that trash metalheads were always commin on hardcore shows and alot of hardcore kids attendent slayer concerts for instance............

• Sojasaus!

Thanks Mang!

No melody in loud music, please.
  • h3dg3 said:
    God..dont be so narrow minded. I love punk period. anything from 80s hardcore to sludge, from punk rock to grindcore and screamo. i do hate all the co-called metalheads but you cant forget that trash metalheads were always commin on hardcore shows and alot of hardcore kids attendent slayer concerts for instance............

QFT

• When I became obsessed with Black Flag it opened things up way wide - in a very different way than say listening to thrash, which I got into through Suicidal Tendencies.
    If I recall correctly what I've read about that time, "My War" got bashed when it first came out because their heavy metal influence got more obvious. Who would overlook such a classic record today for that petty thing?

I do love metal BUT I can see the bashing of simplified death metal and the like labelled as hardcore pretty justified at times. That doesn't necessarily have to do with the music being good or bad.

• davess said...
    • Subscriber
    • 9 Feb 2007, 18:05

listen to what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law

but vests, yeah...

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.