Wolf Parade?

• Wolf Parade?

Wolf Parade - any good?

I see them a lot in our charts but I haven't heard of them... What are they like? Which tracks should I listen to first?

• Re: Wolf Parade?

Quoth arcadiandream:
    Wolf Parade - any good?

I see them a lot in our charts but I haven't heard of them... What are they like? Which tracks should I listen to first?

Oh man check them out now! They are so very cool, I think the track "Grounds for divorce" is a great starting point, You' love em'

• lealic said...
    • User
    • 22 Feb 2006, 08:06
    I know some people who have tied Apologies to Queen Mary with Alligator for best album of '05. Wolf Parade's a sweet band and kinda remind me of Interpol and Clap You Hands. But yeah, "I'll Believe In Anything" and "This Heart's On Fire" are two other good ones from the album.

• tc-obo said...
    • User
    • 23 Feb 2006, 00:31
    Wolf Parade are great, I highly recommend. I can't really pick one track out from the others to start with but they are a great band.

• defubar said...
    • User
    • 14 Sep 2006, 20:44
    Wolf Parade is a great band. I have a hard time comparing them to other bands. I think Arcade Fire is sometimes a fair comparison since I believe the band was formed to tour with them, but the vocals are obviously a bit different.

If you have listened to/like Arcade Fire, the song "Lousy Pictures" will remind you of them. That may be a good starting point. That's what I see people recommend often and half the time I hear the song starting I think it's gonna be an Arcade Fire song.

"Without music, life would be a mistake." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Wolf Parade are very similar in many ways to Frog Eyes if that's the kind of comparison you're looking for. I'd suggest just popping through the album if you haven't heard it before--it's fantastically catchy, and more than a few of the songs are brilliant (mostly Krug's stuff).

• great band. they remind me a bit of arcade fire and broken social scene but with a rough edge to it. they have their own space in indie music, i think. a pleasant surprise for me.

• I would definitely start with "Shine a Light" and "You Are a Runner and I Am My Father's Son."

Also, Sunset Rubdown (fronted by the same guy) is awesome.

• Except wait. I just realized that this thread is from 2 years ago, so I'm being a little redundant here. Hahaha.

• Wolf Parade are good, though I prefer Sunset Rubdown.

Wait, what?
  • I'll Believe In Anything and This Heart's On Fire.

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.