Cool music released in 2012

• Cool music released in 2012

Have you found anything you really like that was released this year?

• My favorite albums so far have been Sleigh Bells - Reign of Terror; Grimes - Visions; and Chromatics - Kill for Love.

Some singles I like: Japandroids - The House that Heaven Built; Usher - Climax; and Dirty Projectors - Gun Has No Trigger.

Not anything that I really love yet. I'm looking forward to Beach House's new album.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 11 Apr 2012, 04:55
    So far...

Three Trapped Tigers - Numbers 1-13
    Errors - Have Some Faith in Magic
    Air - Le voyage dans la luna

• Yeah I am super pumped for the new Japandroids and Beach House. You guys should come to Grand Rapids for the Japandroids show at pyramid scheme on April 27th with Bars of Gold and Heavier than Air Flying Machines.

That new Grimes is really nice.

So far my favs are
    Cloud Nothings - Attack on Memory
    Bill Ryder-Jones - If...
    John Talabot - Fin
    Sharon Van Etten - Tramp

I'll check those other ones out. Thanks cats. Keep me updated if you find other cool stuff...

• I got that Usher song. Pretty sweet...

• I'm going to try that Errors album next month per Levi...

• The new Simian Mobile Disco album is really nice. It's more in the vein of Delicacies, which I was a big fan of. It's not as dark though, and a bit more melodic.

• I just sampled some of that Three Trapped Tigers. Call me late to the party, but I'm def gonna have to get in on that.

• Some more good singles:

Matthew Dear - Her Fantasy
    Grizzly Bear - Sleeping Ute

• I'm really liking Frank Ocean's album, especially Pyramids.

• Yeah, 9.5, I'm def gonna check it out.

• Higher Ground by TNGHT is pretty awesome. I love the handclaps.

• Definitely listen to Matthew Dear - Beams

It's soo good.

• Edited by samiamscogin on 29 Sep 2012, 22:54

• I'm liking Sufjan's new song Christmas Unicorn

• Sam where'd you get your hands on the new Godspeed already?

• It took me a couple listens to like it, but Kendrick Lamar's album is pretty great.

• Sufjan's Silver and Gold is great. Also I'm just now realizing how good Age of Adz is.

• I hate it when I listen to music for a week on my Ipod and then sync it and nothing scrobbles. This happens too often.

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.