Japanese movies

• Japanese movies

Ok ppl, let's talk about japanese movies.

For one, I recomend Miike. ^___^

Fuck logic, sweet intuition.
    Nature has fixed no limits on our hopes.
  • I recomend Kitano, John Woo, Bruce Lee, Jackie Chan, Gorden Liu and many more. I love Asian Movies. =)
    Miike is good, too.

• Yeeey, i love Vietnameese movies, Japenese and South Korea ones. They are great.

I saw great korean movie recently called The Dasepo girls. It was great.

Fuck logic, sweet intuition.
    Nature has fixed no limits on our hopes.
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 7 Nov 2006, 20:17
    I <3 Japanese Movies and Dramas =D!

NANA <3!!!!

• korean comedy/dramas are <3
    The Art of Seduction, Oh! My God, King and the Clown... great movies.

• battle royal

ill suggest the first battle royal to you but dont waste your time with the second =D

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 13 Nov 2006, 00:04
    sarah-kate said:
    ill suggest the first battle royal to you but dont waste your time with the second =D

I agree. the 2nd BR was pure trash.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 13 Nov 2006, 15:10
    Battle Royale is good. :D

I would suggest Shunji Iwai's movies as well. So gorgeous!<3

• Umm let's see..
    I'd suggest
    Uchoten Hotel (THE 有頂天ホテル) for comedy
    Tasogare Seibei (たそがれ清兵衛) / The Twilight Samurai for drama
    and Kikujiro (菊次郎の夏) for.. fun
    but that's just me...
    ya we get to watch japanese films every weds night in an empty lecture hall for class.

• seven samurai comes to mind for me. not the crap anime, or the westernized "magnificent seven". im talking the real deal. its a masterpiece

several studio ghibli productions also come to mind. Grave of the fireflies is the most touching, heart wrenching, powerful movie ive ever seen in my life.

shoot....i just watched another moive the other day that was amazing......gha ill figure it out later

• I like Battle Royale too xD
    But I just saw it at YouTube in a lot of parts.
    Never really started to watch the Second, but Shuya rules anyway xDD

I like Actors like:
    Ken Watanabe
    Gong Li
    Zhang Ziyi (Memoirs of a Geisha rulez!)
    and of course:
    Jackie Chan and Jet Li

To Err is Human, to Arr is Pirate!
    • azarro said...
    • User
    • 13 May 2007, 18:23
    My favourite Japanese movie is Kitano's Kikujiro no natsu (Summer of Kikujiro) . A wonderful tale about friendship between a young boy and his low-life uncle (Kitano himself). Battle Royal is great as well ^_^

• Like someone already said, Seven Samurai is great. I also recommend all other movies from the same director, Akira Kurosawa. For some names:
    - Ran (based on King Lear)
    - Ikiru (my favorite)
    - The Hidden Fortress
    - Rashomon

• I definitely recommend Saikano!
    It is some kind of romantic / dramatic genre, exactly what I love *<3*, not that trashy mesmerizing Titanic like stuff.
    But The Call is also very nice but only if you aren't frightful :P.

• Maybe I'm old school but I LOOVE Akira Kurosawa's Ikiru. It's my favorite movie. :)

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 7 Sep 2007, 05:03
    Kamikaze Girls is quite good, and One Missed Call 3!

• storm91 said...
    • User
    • 8 Sep 2007, 08:07
    I just watched Im a cyborg but it is ok. and it was greeat ++

• You have pretty good taste, y'all. I'm a try to get some of the films you talked about that i didn't already seen (like kamikaze girls or some old Kurasawa's)

Personnally I recommend Kitano, He's really making dope movies. Hana-Bi, Sonatine, Kid's return... There are some real masterpiece in his filmography.

He's an awesome actor, too.

Miike movies are cool too, though a bit tough for some people. I personnally like, but I understand it can shock, you know. Anyway Ichii the killer is hella sick.

About asiatic director that i like, there's also Park Chan Wook (Korean), with his vengeance trilogy (old boy, sympathy for lady vengeance and sympathy for mister vengeance) which his one of the best thing i've ever seen.

There's so much stuff to watch, but those ones are really my favorites contemporary directors.

• hadexo said...
    • User
    • 30 Sep 2007, 21:41
    I only watched Ju-on, it was really nice, I like the japanese style for making horror movies, it's not crap like most of the american horror ones :3.
    Any other recommendations on horror movies like that one? :3

• battle royale 2!, i really like it, just as much as the first, it's not as bad as most sequels come.

I watched ju-on and i really didnt like it :/

but i re-watched it dubbed over in bbc style english, it was pure comedy.

• I only watched a few japanese movies, the greatest is probably Seven Samurai, also i liked Battle Royale and Hinokio

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 4 Oct 2007, 07:42
    i love japanese horror stuff. chakushin ari, ju-on, ring and such.
    Also Kitano's movies rock everything *___*
    Then I really like:

but i didn't get to see a new movie since a long long time T_T ...need to change this haha

• Mikkietc said:
    battle royale 2!, i really like it, just as much as the first, it's not as bad as most sequels come.

Even the first wasn't much better than ok. I certainly won't waste my time on a sequel of that movie.

Reommended: Everything by 田中博樹, better known as Sabu. Monday and 幸福の鐘 are especially awesome.

• -Azumi 1&2
    -Seven samurai
    -lilly chou chou

• As you can tell be these movies below I'm not really an action or horror type of movie-goer. I'm more of the romance type.

★☆ All About Lily Chou Chou
    This film is brilliant -- with highly developed and unique characters, a lot of drama and a beautifully crafted storyline.
    ★☆ いま、会いにゆきます • ima, ai yukimasu (Be With You)
    A movie for all those who believe that love is fate...
    ★☆ Dolls
    Astonishing movie about love, dedication and choice...
    ★☆ Kamikaze Girls
    This movie is a must see for anyone wanting to know anything about Japan or wants to see a touching movie about two girls who come into their own.
    ★☆ タイヨウのうた • taiyo no uta (A Song to the Sun)
    Heartwarming, charming, funny and sad. I nearly shed a tear on this one.
    ★☆ Quill
    The process of being a guide dog from a puppy to an adult dog, it has lots of touching moments that connects with the characters of the story.

female vocalists j-pop hip-hop japanese singer-songwriter
Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.