• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 16 Apr 2009, 10:55

    Suggestions

    Please post improvement suggestions here

  • Well, there not improvements as such, just celebratary (?) ideas!

    Round 50, i thought we could have a round where by the champions have each round to them selfs, so for example:

    Champion A
    Champion B
    Champion C
    Champion D

    For instance, A will have a kicking round as round 50(a)
    then B would go, and so on.

    Each time the leader (you) would score the amount of 'kicks' they did each.

    This then would go in the champions thread and then the winner can do two rounds of kickings instead of one :)

    I know it be long as we have more than 4 champions but its just an idea.

  • Thats not a bad idea. But the only reason you have suggested it is because you know it will be you

  • yellowcarpet said:
    Thats not a bad idea. But the only reason you have suggested it is because you know it will be you


    no, Its any champions and i was gonna do it in my version before i was kicked by a racist. Also, you can do 4 at the time, like that, so no it wouldn't be me.

    It would actually be you aswell, lol

    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 17 Apr 2009, 16:15
    Maybe repeat champs getting to kick for more than one round? I realize I'd stand to benefit from that one very quickly if it were implemented, but there are plenty of potential multiple champs besides me! :P

  • augustlilly said:
    Maybe repeat champs getting to kick for more than one round? I realize I'd stand to benefit from that one very quickly if it were implemented, but there are plenty of potential multiple champs besides me! :P


    Basically thats what i said, except with more direction :)

    So you would dig that to, its only yellow that hates the idea (even though he is in the first four)...wierd.

    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 18 Apr 2009, 14:10
    Not sure, we will have 20'ish Champions by the time we get to 50 rounds and that could be quite a drawn out process. Then grading them, they will wait until the last moment to do the rounds so that as many people are members as possible. This process could end up taking over a month.

    I am considering giving multi-champs a extra-rounds of kicking though.

    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 18 Apr 2009, 16:54
    HumanRejection said:
    Basically thats what i said, except with more direction :)


    And much quicker. :P

    I am considering giving multi-champs a extra-rounds of kicking though.

    Soon? ;) :P :)

  • augustlilly said:
    HumanRejection said:
    Basically thats what i said, except with more direction :)


    And much quicker. :P

    I am considering giving multi-champs a extra-rounds of kicking though.

    Soon? ;) :P :)


    Yeah, i read yours wrong. I was too dosed with droziness lol.

    Erm, seems fair King. You could work around it and only have in 4 sets, so this 50 its the first four (in a group) then the other 4 the other 50 (second group), thats in it for a long run as well though.

    Maybe just the mutli-champ thing. Except then its basically the same, just an extra kicking...which seems pointless..

  • To aviod the long champion list

    Maybe the second time the a champion is the 'first' person behind you in the members list, should have to hold out for more round.

    For example: if augustlilly got the champion spot again, she have to hold out twice. Then the third time she is there, three times, then again four...then it would get really challenging for the members and there wouldn't be [username]X1100 odd in that thread.

    Of course this goes for all other champions not just augustlilly.

  • HumanRejection said:


    Basically thats what i said, except with more direction :)

    So you would dig that to, its only yellow that hates the idea (even though he is in the first four)...wierd.


    I never said i hated it, i said it's not a bad idea, if you re-read, i just said that you would probably be the one with the mosts kicks. My last comment was not phrased very well

    I support the idea

  • yellowcarpet said:
    HumanRejection said:


    Basically thats what i said, except with more direction :)

    So you would dig that to, its only yellow that hates the idea (even though he is in the first four)...wierd.


    I never said i hated it, i said it's not a bad idea, if you re-read, i just said that you would probably be the one with the mosts kicks. My last comment was not phrased very well

    I support the idea


    Oh i see, sorry i often read things of the view i have of the person writing.

    Okay :) I probably wouldn't though, I got 17 kicks (my gf got 3) so i don't think i would come first a few have gone higher i think.

  • I have another suggestion for the round 50 to celebrate our half century.

    You cna have it so each round is a champion round, a new champion. So you go on round 50 (or it could possibly be a champion whatever) then the next round would be the winner of that and the next the winner of that and this can go on until round 60 or less.

    :)

    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 7 May 2009, 06:29
    I was thinking of having a one off round were the person listening to the most obscure gets a champion round.

  • each champion... along with kicking will be allowed to pick a "safe band" a band that they can never get kicked for listening to.

    Pain melted in tears, and was pleasure; Death tingled with blood, and was life.
    - Algernon Charles Swinburne
    • Crith said...
    • User
    • 7 May 2009, 19:21
    My suggestion is to stop adding random bands to your library without actually listening to them. You can't know a band that doesn't technically exist without knowing where that fictional band came from. Just sayin'.

    Even civilians who have rejected war depend on the police, don't they? Everyone knows, don't they ... that people are driven by their own desires, the lust that dwells within the soul of man cannot be denied, so why win hearts and minds or tout some shining ideology, why not bring peace to the world with a system and power.
    • Crith said...
    • User
    • 7 May 2009, 19:25
    SomebodyWicked said:
    each champion... along with kicking will be allowed to pick a "safe band" a band that they can never get kicked for listening to.


    But then they will just listen to that band. That is a suggestion that's very easy to abuse, and if it were going to work you'd have to have some very strict rules to go along with it.

    Even civilians who have rejected war depend on the police, don't they? Everyone knows, don't they ... that people are driven by their own desires, the lust that dwells within the soul of man cannot be denied, so why win hearts and minds or tout some shining ideology, why not bring peace to the world with a system and power.
    • Ijexis said...
    • User
    • 8 May 2009, 02:15
    Crith said:
    My suggestion is to stop adding random bands to your library without actually listening to them. You can't know a band that doesn't technically exist without knowing where that fictional band came from. Just sayin'.
    intriguing...

    • Crith said...
    • User
    • 8 May 2009, 02:18
    Ijexis said:
    Crith said:
    My suggestion is to stop adding random bands to your library without actually listening to them. You can't know a band that doesn't technically exist without knowing where that fictional band came from. Just sayin'.
    intriguing...


    I'm just saying, recognizing something has nothing to do with adding it to your library. I would also like him to stop using the word "know" so loosely. Recognizing something and knowing something are two completely different things.

    Even civilians who have rejected war depend on the police, don't they? Everyone knows, don't they ... that people are driven by their own desires, the lust that dwells within the soul of man cannot be denied, so why win hearts and minds or tout some shining ideology, why not bring peace to the world with a system and power.
  • Crith said:
    Ijexis said:
    Crith said:
    My suggestion is to stop adding random bands to your library without actually listening to them. You can't know a band that doesn't technically exist without knowing where that fictional band came from. Just sayin'.
    intriguing...


    I'm just saying, recognizing something has nothing to do with adding it to your library. I would also like him to stop using the word "know" so loosely. Recognizing something and knowing something are two completely different things.


    Good point. But i think he does listen to all of the artists you are kicked for. And, i listened to your artists for a day and now i am kicking you for 'knowing' them as i have 'tried' them, if that makes sense. I wouldn't have all those kicks if i had to actually know the band off by heart....(even if it was something mainstream like led zep for instance.)

    • Crith said...
    • User
    • 8 May 2009, 19:18
    HumanRejection said:
    Crith said:
    Ijexis said:
    Crith said:
    My suggestion is to stop adding random bands to your library without actually listening to them. You can't know a band that doesn't technically exist without knowing where that fictional band came from. Just sayin'.
    intriguing...


    I'm just saying, recognizing something has nothing to do with adding it to your library. I would also like him to stop using the word "know" so loosely. Recognizing something and knowing something are two completely different things.


    Good point. But i think he does listen to all of the artists you are kicked for. And, i listened to your artists for a day and now i am kicking you for 'knowing' them as i have 'tried' them, if that makes sense. I wouldn't have all those kicks if i had to actually know the band off by heart....(even if it was something mainstream like led zep for instance.)


    The chances of him actually having listened to the Ending theme for K-ON! and the opening theme for Basquash are highly unlikely.

    But I'm not saying this because I have a problem with how he does the kicking, that's perfectly fine.

    Even civilians who have rejected war depend on the police, don't they? Everyone knows, don't they ... that people are driven by their own desires, the lust that dwells within the soul of man cannot be denied, so why win hearts and minds or tout some shining ideology, why not bring peace to the world with a system and power.
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 19 Nov 2009, 23:19
    How about this:

    Champions are allowed to announce forbidden tags , means that they can kick members if the band they're currently listening too have the named tag on their main page. The advantage: people who tend to stick within their own music genre can be stopped by doing so for a short while and they have to play different music. Also, it can be easier to kick users when using tags like "indie", alternative" or "metal".
    Lets say you are champion, and you announce a tag, it will last for three rounds, so three different tags are active at the same time. It's still an idea, I know ...

  • Please read

    I have a suggestion for the advertisement of this group without spamming too much.

    With each connection you add, you do a quick line in the shout box. So that is every round via a champion. This will mean it isn't mass advertising, thus not spam.

    Then, i would put in a thread (like i did with COC), in each of our relating groups. Telling more about this game, its indvidualism and clarity etc. I would then, for each vistor, do a joining message. Asking them directly in their shoutbox if they would want to enquire what the game is about.

    Maybe have a line on the overview that states, any questions please ask the leader by PM or shout in the shoutbox below. We need new players and directly reaching out and touching them is the way you do it.

    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 2 Apr 2010, 06:06
    Good suggestion, I shall try and do all of these if time allows.

  • How about one of those spreadsheets like in NAPG? if you already have one, please point me in the direction!

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.