2. ??? - t3
    3. Orthodox Hell - Militia Wave
    4. Red Thread - Live 10/31/13
    5. Nobinobi - "Trevor"
    6. stepvhen - My Dad Was...
    7. Infinity of 6 - Can Crush For...
    8. Zalhietzi - Days Coeur

Thoughts?

(Also, is Red Thread's track supposed to be 3 seconds long? Or did something get screwy along the pipeline?)

(Also, Orthodox Hell needs to be lossless for Bandcamp to accept it)

(Also, I have adobe audition, which has this nifty feature that matches volume of a set of tracks, so I can do a quick and dirty mastering if anyone wants. I know there was a big hullabaloo about individual track volume that during the first comp and I don't want to do something like that without someone's permission. i can post a sample if anyone would like)

• D5FA said...
    • User
    • 20 Nov 2013, 17:53
    Thanks for posting the names, I can't see the artist names for some of them, must be my player or something

Did we decide, is this INIM Vol. 3 or a different name?

"I don't normally like tomatoes, John, but this is delicious!"
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 20 Nov 2013, 19:28
    I'd prefer you keep each track as is, just required to be lossless. The mastering of each track should be different because we have some ambient stuff as well as very harsh stuff. it's a mixed bag in other words

• I like "Voices", how it's phrased in the title of this subject, either

INIM Vol. 3 : "Voices"

or

INIM Vol 3. (Voices)

Just my idea. I listened to your proposed tracklisting xvetrd, sounds good to me, although I'd like to know too if Red Thread's track is really supposed to be that short ?

• Also, xvetrd, I would like to hear what kind of quick and dirty you can come up with, given that, again, I have one of the quietest track.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 20 Nov 2013, 19:57
    Album name should be: INIM Vol. 3

Even though using vocals was a theme in this, it isn't really worth mentioning vocals were used since a lot of noise has vocals in it

• xvetrd said...
    • User
    • 20 Nov 2013, 20:01
    codeinepillz said:
    I'd prefer you keep each track as is, just required to be lossless. The mastering of each track should be different because we have some ambient stuff as well as very harsh stuff. it's a mixed bag in other words

I suggest it because Red Thread's track is hella loud, and Zalhietzli's is hella quiet. I definitely want to preserve those kinds of qualities of each individual track, but I think it would be nice for people to not have to constantly adjust the volume when listening

Zalhietzli said:
    Also, xvetrd, I would like to hear what kind of quick and dirty you can come up with, given that, again, I have one of the quietest track.

I matched everything by "true peak amplitude" and it seemed to keep the integrity of each track but still put a limit on some. I tried it on "perceived loudness" and it make yours WAY too loud and others way too soft. Here's a zip with 30 second samples:

https://mega.co.nz/#!XZQG3ZJR!DiRgyEnw6W1e5MfGjo7e8QZcboAYZuhiMt7fzrAltJA

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 20 Nov 2013, 20:04
    I'm going to give it a listen...

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 20 Nov 2013, 20:07
    !!!
    Not a good idea to convert that MP3 into FLAC. Lossy to Lossless never works nicely.
    Other than that, I dunno both sound good enough to me, if you have to turn down harsh noise too much you shouldn't be listening to it IMO.

• xvetrd said...
    • User
    • 20 Nov 2013, 20:10
    codeinepillz said:
    !!!
    Not a good idea to convert that MP3 into FLAC. Lossy to Lossless never works nicely.
    Other than that, I dunno both sound good enough to me, if you have to turn down harsh noise too much you shouldn't be listening to it IMO.

lossy -> lossless doesn't make it sound worse, its just dumb. Thats just what audition decided to export to.

And its not about any single track, its about how the tracks work together in terms of volume. Thats all bro

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 20 Nov 2013, 20:13
    Alright, I'd like to hear others take on this as well though. The ambient track by Zalhietzli came out really really nice though.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 20 Nov 2013, 20:14
    We also need to find the artist name for track 2 as well as if track 4 is 3 seconds only or not.

• I talked to Red Red Thread and yes, the track is supposed to be 3 seconds. He went as far to say it ran on the long side for what he wanted to do with it

• xvetrd said...
    • User
    • 21 Nov 2013, 19:49
    Pete_the_Crow said:
    I talked to Red Red Thread and yes, the track is supposed to be 3 seconds. He went as far to say it ran on the long side for what he wanted to do with it

love it

• I was actually at the show Red Thread recorded his track at. That 3 second song is every song he played that night recorded through the soundboard and layered on top of each other.

• So you DO need mine in a lossless format? No big deal if you do, but I'm really dumb about stuff like that, and wondering if it's why the stuff I send in sounds radically different from the way it sounds in Audacity.

• xvetrd said...
    • User
    • 22 Nov 2013, 05:04
    yeah laetherjacket, bandcamp only accepts lossless formats for upload (as far as I know). Send it to pete at the address, as far as I know he runs the bandcamp

Pete_the_Crow said:
    I was actually at the show Red Thread recorded his track at. That 3 second song is every song he played that night recorded through the soundboard and layered on top of each other.

I love it even more

Anyway back to the track listing. Anyone else with thoughts?

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 22 Nov 2013, 05:07
    Bandcamp only accepts lossless, it needs to so it can convert to all the other formats it offers for download.

• Sent in flac.

Any particular dimensions for the cover art?

• D5FA said...
    • User
    • 23 Nov 2013, 13:20
    So who made t3? It's cool

"I don't normally like tomatoes, John, but this is delicious!"
  • laetherjacket a dit :
    Sent in flac.

Any particular dimensions for the cover art?

From bandcamp :
    "350 x 350 pixels minimum
    (bigger is better)
    .jpg, .gif or .png, 4MB max"

• Re: Vol III (Voices) Track Listing

Militant Slut
    Orthodox Hell
    nobinobi
    Red Thread
    Stepvhen
    t3
    Infinity of 6
    Zalhieltzli

Seriously, who is t3?

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 30 Nov 2013, 08:21

Re: Re: Vol III (Voices) Track Listing

laetherjacket said:
    Militant Slut
    Orthodox Hell
    nobinobi
    Red Thread
    Stepvhen
    t3
    Infinity of 6
    Zalhieltzli

Seriously, who is t3?

see http://www.last.fm/group/%3Eimplying+noise+is+music/forum/1274113/_/2212756/4#f19821012

• Yep, saw that yesterday and added him to the connections.

• I LIVE!!!! No for real, I am about to resolve the homeless situation (hopefully today) and soon as my ass is plopped down in a happy new home I will get this up on the bandcamp so lets settle up on that track list. Also, thanks to all of you who have put up with my absence so far. You guys are the best

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.