first, here is my 2005 top 10 :
1. Brisa Roché - the chase. Fantastic first album by this cute american girl who lives in Paris. A great mix of 60's pop, rock, cinematic & jazz.
2. philippe Katerine - Robots après tout. This man is mad, this record is insane, full of weird groovebox & silly lyrics
3. Albin de la Simone - je vais changer. This is how good 'chanson française' can be.
4. Julien Baer - notre-dame des limites. i adore this album even if it's not as fantastic as his 1st two, which were released last millenium. Betwen chanson, funk, pop & reggae.
5. Morrissey - live at earl's court. We would have preferred more songs from his 1st solo album, nevertheless this is a real great live record, Morrissey sings better than ever.
6. Saint Etienne - Tales from Turnpike House. This is a beautiful pop album, don't expect to dance much on this saint etienne record... but expect a big smile on your face.
7. Mathieu Boogaerts - michel. …