the going gets dark

• the going gets dark

the new cd is not bad. im glad it exists. its there to listen to and enjoy but im sad to say i was kind of disappointed overall... i enjoy the piano and the heaviness of it all but it doesnt quasi's charm isnt there. well hell everyone complains about hot shit and i fucking loved it so why listen to me.

• ewanhale a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 30 juin 2006, 19h21m
    Beyond The Sky drags a bit and Presto Change-O is pointless, but the rest is pretty great as a whole. Certainly a grower. And for the record, Hot Shit is fucking Grade A.

• Leon_C a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 14 sept. 2006, 7h56m
    You can certainly tell from the outset in the first few seconds of Alice the Goon that it's been recorded and mixed by professionals, Dave Fridmann's input is certainly noticeable. I think it gives a different depth to the music, but they sound like they're drifting away from their own sound a little. And yes, Hot Shit is indeed repeated-high-5-worthy.

• river_man a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 17 sept. 2006, 14h11m
    i actually think it sounds a bit like what the next elliott smith album might have sounded like according to what elliott said that he was experimenting with a lot of noise lately.
    well, it might sound weird, but that was my first thought while listening to "when the going gets dark"
    i also think it's super awesome and the new heaviness matches sam coomes' dismal lyrics perfectly.

Les utilisateurs anonymes ne peuvent pas poster de messages. Merci de vous connecter ou de créer un compte pour pouvoir intervenir dans les forums.