• AEP for Top100

Hi,

Most of us listen (or have listened) to a lot of different artists.
    Many have listened to more than 1.000 artists. The Top50 is just the tip of the iceberg.

So I was thinking that it would be interesting to adapt the AEP formula to the Top100 most listened to artists.

This is the formula for Top50
    AEP = 5 - 25 * ( Slope / AverageTop50 )
    Slope = (value of the first artist in the chart - value of the 50th artist in the chart) / 50
    AverageTop50 = ( The sum of all values in the top 50 ) / 50

I will manually calculate my "Top100 AEP". But I am not that good at math, so I'd like to have a little help.

For the calculation based on the Top100, is this right?
    AEP = 5 - 25 * ( Slope / AverageTop100 )
    Slope = (value of the first artist in the chart - value of the 100th artist in the chart) / 100
    AverageTop100 = ( The sum of all values in the top 100 ) / 100

Or is it like this:
    AEP = 5 - 50 * ( Slope / AverageTop100 )
    [etc...]

Or is it necessary to make more changes, to make it work for Top100?
    I will make the calculations and see what comes up.

And who knows, maybe someone will be interested in doing a little script to calculate it automatically (I don't have the skills to do it myself).

Best wishes,
    nuno.

-- --
    somewhere beteewn urras, anarres and portugal
  • not a very popular proposal :)

Well,

guess I am the only one who thinks it would be interesting to calculate the top100 AEP...

-- --
    somewhere beteewn urras, anarres and portugal
    • jsamerigo a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 20 oct. 2010, 16h59m

Not enough

Even 100 isn't really enough. I have about 200-300 artists I rotate trough regularly and more that I get an itch for every once in a while.

• This would be interesting. I am kind of competing with my girlfriend and she is crushing me based on the top 50. I have a much larger library though and I wonder if I would win based on the top 100. I am way too lazy to count it out myself.

Make it happen, please!

• simdaddy a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 18 déc. 2010, 21h25m
    I think it would be awesome to do top 500. I'd go for 100 too.

• I think it's not possible due to a technical problem with Last.fm datas

• [Utilisateur supprimé] a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 16 mars 2012, 3h57m
    I think, Last.fm extra stats tool may do that...

• exdeathbr a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 24 avr. 2012, 15h16m

Re: AEP for Top100

troblogdita disse:
    Hi,

Most of us listen (or have listened) to a lot of different artists.
    Many have listened to more than 1.000 artists. The Top50 is just the tip of the iceberg.

So I was thinking that it would be interesting to adapt the AEP formula to the Top100 most listened to artists.

[...]

Or is it like this:
    AEP = 5 - 50 * ( Slope / AverageTop100 )
    [etc...]

I was trying to calculate right now almost the same stuff as you, and saw your post. In my case I was trying to calculate the top 100 of last 3 months, and if I have less than 100 artists on last 3 months, the artists that I dont have count as artists with a score of 0.

Anyway, dont know if my math is right but, I think that the [ 5 - 25 *] part of AEP = 5 - 25 * ( Slope / AverageTop50 ), is just to make the score system be something between -20 (the smallest score and 5 (the highest score).

So as a example, to make a top 100 scoring system that goes from 1 to 100 you would have AEP = 100 - 99 * ( Slope / AverageTop100 )

Anyway the usual top 100 scoring system would be AEP = 5 - 25 * ( Slope / AverageTop100 ).
    So my score in the usual scoring system would be 2.807

• Top 100/200

I tried it in excel as you can copy the values from your expanded chart and my AEP actually goes up. For the formulas i swapped 50 for 100 or 200 as appropriate. Result below:

Totals
    Top 200 = 24160
    Top 100 = 20616

Slope
    Top 200 = 3.225
    Top 100 = 6.000

AEP
    Top 200 = 4.33
    Top 100 = 4.27

Normal AEP = 4.19

Now i am not 100% certain but i think that is the only change you need to make for 100 or 200

Les utilisateurs anonymes ne peuvent pas poster de messages. Merci de vous connecter ou de créer un compte pour pouvoir intervenir dans les forums.