What song got you into The Strokes?

• mmmartynek a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 4 juin 2011, 20h32m

Mercy Me and Heart In A Cage.

at first I found Mercy Me, because I was searching everything that with Eddie Vedder collaborated (love Pearl Jam music). And I was completely smitten by Julians voice in these. I started searching to the Strokes music and the first song I found was Heart In A Cage. And since that moment they became my second favourite band.

• fransuaaza a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 12 juin 2011, 20h48m
    Of course, You Only Live Once in 2006, was a teenager back then and....I still think it's the coolest song in the world, seriously.. ;)))

• [Utilisateur supprimé] a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 7 jui. 2011, 13h20m
    I thinks that for me Alone Together did it.

• Reptilia: It was a raining Evening When in the radio they were playing So I say Hey! That sounds Very Good! So Since that day The Strkes IS my favorite Band

• Reptilia.

• Cleonys a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 25 sept. 2011, 14h50m
    A friend of mine was listening last nite and i fall in love about the music!
    Simply fucking perfect!

Some nights I thirst for real blood
    For real knives / For real cries
    And then the flash of steel from real guns
    In real life / Really fills my mind
    • elic05 a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 11 oct. 2011, 12h54m
    I wasn't so mad about them untill I heard Vision Of Divison. Still my favourite.

• narsimelus a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 29 oct. 2011, 11h50m
    Am i the only one saying Last Nite?

Yes, it's not my favourite song but i remember how i met them with that song. One night, since i couldn't sleep, i was zapping and saw their Last Nite on MTV (in fact MTV didn't use to play them so often at that times). It sounded different, nice, free, unbalanced... Liked it, liked them, their music, style.

Then, we shaked hands, Julian Casablancas told me his impressing surname was nothing compared to their music.

I'm still not sure about that.
    :)

• Someday:)

• reztipse a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 6 nov. 2011, 2h07m
    you only live once
    loved the strokes every day since

• Utilisateur
    • 7 nov. 2011, 16h52m
    barely legal,my mom was buying some ep's on 2002 then she found that,i still have and love it <3

• reptilia.It is a very cool song

Music 4ever.I heart rock n pop.Music makes me happy when I play it and hear it.
    • Shadnicia a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 3 déc. 2011, 21h49m
    i've only heard of them very recently (pity, because i've been missing out the past 10 years) and if i'm not wrong the first album i listened to in entity was first impressions of earth.... vision of division stuck first.

"I want my frustrations to know that you are alright"
    • feehromero a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 9 déc. 2011, 5h21m
    Juicebox was the first song that I really liked, but You Only Live Once made me want to listen more from them

• Utilisateur
    • 18 jan. 2012, 20h12m
    Juicebox, 5 years ago. i loved it the first time i heard it. such a bass line... made me fall in love with strokes.

• etaketak a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 2 fév. 2012, 8h47m
    Automatic Stop.

• hawk_k a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 8 fév. 2012, 16h49m
    Undercover of Darkness. I went to The Strokes really late. xD

• Jardas11 a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 8 fév. 2012, 18h09m
    Is This It. 2 years ago.

• I only started listening to them last year when my brother bought Is This It, now they're one of my favourites

• semquerer a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 18 jui. 2012, 5h32m
    alone together.

• You Only Live Once.
    My friend introduced The Strokes to me. So yeah, after watching You Only Live Once's music vid, I fell in love with them!

• killerbis a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 23 août 2012, 16h40m

12:51

from random song on mp3 that i didn't know where i got, nice rythm..

The One and Only
  • When I was 12, I was going to go to sleepaway camp 7 hours away. The day before we left, my iPod screwed itself up and deleted everything on it. My dad had to put on some of the songs in his music library onto my iPod so I'd have something to listen to on the way up to camp. Most of the music he put on there I didn't know, but I recognized three Strokes songs: Hard to Explain, Soma and the Modern Age. I had listened to some Strokes since I was seven but very rarely- I would only hear them when my brother played them. So I listened to these three songs the whole way up. I fell in love. Hard to Explain really did it to me. I had never felt that way from music before. When I got back home from camp, the first thing I did was grab their albums off my brother's shelf and put them on my iPod. The rest is history.

• feboucas a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 8 mars 2013, 21h31m
    someday, i believe

• just from the beginning!

I was 10 yrs old when I first heard the lovely Last Nite

Les utilisateurs anonymes ne peuvent pas poster de messages. Merci de vous connecter ou de créer un compte pour pouvoir intervenir dans les forums.