Extra Stats: Ideas, Bug Reports, Support & Comments

• kerubim a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 23 mai 2009, 17h26m

Old account

I got a question, because unfortunatley I deleted my old account, but created a new one under the same name.
    I still have the files for the old account stored on my hard disk, but Extra Stats now only shows me the data for the new one.
    Is it possible to merge them into one database?

• C26000 a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 24 mai 2009, 20h40m
    • JubeiUK a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 16 juin 2009, 15h19m

when I created a wave graph it does not include plays from the last 2 weeks at all it just stops dead at 1st of june. I don't get why it does this. I love the program but I would really like it to show all my stats in the graph..

• Utilisateur
    • 17 juin 2009, 1h20m
    Maybe is because you have selected "Month" as the period to average. Try selecting week, it should graph at least until last week

• JubeiUK a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 6 jui. 2009, 16h22m
    ah. lol. that may well have been it. d'oh. thx for the reply. cant believe i was being so dense. thx again!

• Utilisateur
    • 28 oct. 2009, 7h22m
    2 years after the latest version I finally managed to work again in Extra Stats. I'm happy to present you Extra Stats 3.3! It has a couple of improvements and many bug fixes. The main changes are:

* All the stats use the current week data. No more one week delay.
    * New Stat: Genre compatibility rating. It compares how similar are the tastes between two users using the tags in their tag clouds.
    * New Graphs: Ratings graphs for each of the ratings: AEP Graph, Mainstreamness Graph, Diversity Graph, Compatibility Graph, and Genre Compatibility Graph.
    * Improved Appearance: New good looking buttons, date, value and color selectors.
    * It allows you to create wavegraphs using custom data, you just feed it with a plain text file and it will graph it! I include an example of data using tags from In Rainbows Album from Radiohead but it can be anything. You can even graph stuff from your study or work :)

View Complete List of Changes here:

Download it here:

I hope you enjoy it as much as I did developing it! :)

• All right, this may be very noobish in comparison to the rest of this thread, but I have two questions:

- What in the world does "AEP" stand for?
    - Extra Stats has the wrong artist chart in mind when calculating anything. My current top 10, according to my profile page, is:
    1. The Rolling Stones (679)
    2. ZZ Top (631)
    3. AC/DC (598)
    4. The Beatles (578)
    5. Madness (506)
    6. Motorhead (476)
    7. Judas Priest (461)
    8. Slayer (438)
    9. Jimi Hendrix (415)
    10. Creedence Clearwater Revival (408)

According to Extra Stats (version 3.3) however, it is:
    1. AC/DC (451)
    2. Motorhead (429)
    3. Slayer (395)
    4. Cream (309)
    5. Creedence Clearwater Revival (290)
    6. ZZ Top (284)
    7. The Rolling Stones (279)
    8. Die Toten Hosen (279)
    9. The Doors (272)
    10. The Beatles (253)

Obviously, Extra Stats has somehow "missed" plays for all artists, and missed more for some more than for others. These errors are traceable in my Wave and Line graphs, too. Does anyone have a clue what went wrong?

• snyde1 a dit :...
    • Abonné
    • 30 nov. 2009, 17h40m
    Uncut_Rubber said:
    Does anyone have a clue what went wrong?
    You imported previous listening. Those aren't really scrobbles and won't show up.

AEP definition

Improve your view of - add some User Scripts.
    Did I hear that right? Mondegreens - for the misheard word. Like Odds? Can't get better than Even Odds!

Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.
  • You imported previous listening. Those aren't really scrobbles and won't show up.

AEP definition

Ah, I see, thanks for the explanation. I take this to mean that anything I listened to before I started scrobbling is overlooked by Extra Stats?

• Utilisateur
    • 1 déc. 2009, 22h11m
    Uncut_Rubber said:
    You imported previous listening. Those aren't really scrobbles and won't show up.

AEP definition

Ah, I see, thanks for the explanation. I take this to mean that anything I listened to before I started scrobbling is overlooked by Extra Stats?

You are right, extra stats uses mostly weekly listening data and it isn't avaliable for the weeks before your registration even if you imported previous listening data from itunes.

• Sandpiper a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 6 déc. 2009, 20h32m

Please try creating wave graph for my username. (mode: artists and mode: tags)
    I get so many errors on different computers that i don't know from where to start reporting.

Some of these i managed to fix with some dirty hacking. For example:
    1) extra stats thinks that my listening stats starts at 1114344001 and creates bunch of empty weekly stat xml's. If i want to run mode:tags, then i had to manually fill these xml's with some random stats
    2) to get past top tags for this band Ultima Thule + keelpillikvartett i had to manually create and fill top tags xml for them (error was and is always:

But last error i got.. i havent been able to fix myself:

Error creating weekly tag cloud C:\Users\Janek\Desktop\ Extra Stats 3.3.2\Shared Database\Users\Sandpiper\WeeklyTagscharts\from=1258896000&to=1259498000.xml

Weekly chart for same period is empty. And filling it with some data does not help.

Can someone please help me out?

• Utilisateur
    • 7 déc. 2009, 22h59m
    I just made a quick fix and updated the program.

Please download the lastest version and try again:

I still have the problem with Ultima Thule + keelpillikvartett but I think it's a problem with itself. anyway it won't have any effect in the calculated stat, it will be ignored, it won't break anything else

Thanks for reporting the issue!

• Utilisateur
    • 8 déc. 2009, 18h28m
    Thank you!

Everything works like a charm now. If I'd be an emotional person, I'd call you my hero :P

One more question: As you can see my stats were reset on 17 Dec 2005. Extra Stats wants to make graph starting from 24 April 2005. So in case deletes weekly stats when resetting profile (like they have done for me), it may be useful to include this resetting information when spanning listening period in the header of your program.

For example at the moment it creates useless starting trail. Yes, i know, i can remove it moving the slider, but still :)

Also getting tags for artists like Origa/Shanti Snyder and Om - Ming + FS - Subway Series fails - for example user Fieber.

• Utilisateur
    • 8 déc. 2009, 23h06m
    Sure! I will look into the other issues for the next version as they as not as serious the issue with empty weekly charts they can wait a bit more

• Utilisateur
    • 9 déc. 2009, 16h20m
    Yes, of course, these can wait as not being issues that block workflow :)

• noisesolo a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 2 mars 2010, 1h58m
    i can't seem to get the stats to download. i always get the error:

"An error ocurred, the file: ".....xml" wasn't downloaded, please try calculating the stat again."

followed by:

"Error trying to calculate the selected stat"

i've tried deleting all the files and restarting the program, but i always get the same problem no matter what.

any suggestions? thanks.

• Utilisateur
    • 4 mars 2010, 0h26m

Sometimes the file you need temporaly doesn't exists in servers . Try again and after you get the "An error ocurred, the file" try again and the program should ignore it in the next run. If it keeps throwing the same error in the same file, please let me know what file is it.

• gaaarg a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 10 mai 2010, 21h05m

i've used your program some years ago and found it again, but i always get the same error as noisesolo.
    your solution doesn't work for me.

anyway it's a great program if it works.

• Utilisateur
    • 13 mai 2010, 21h02m
    Strange. I just made your wavegraph without any problem..

Try deleting all the files and downloading the latest version.

• Genlog a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 19 mai 2010, 16h11m
    same here :( doesn't work

• Utilisateur
    • 20 mai 2010, 0h48m
    To all who are getting that error. Try running the program directly after unziping it in the desktop . Or try to run it as Administrator if you are in Vista or 7.

• [Utilisateur supprimé] a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 25 mai 2010, 0h46m
    Still doesn't work :(

• highwhore a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 15 juin 2010, 7h36m
    running in XP and getting the same error, shame as looks like a nice tool

• highwhore a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 15 juin 2010, 10h45m
    And now it's working,

• Mirthe87 a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 17 juin 2010, 21h20m

upload error

Hi there, everytime I try to upload my tag cloud, the error 'an error occurred in the upload, please try again later' appears. What can I do to make this go away (and I have tried it again later already ;))

Les utilisateurs anonymes ne peuvent pas poster de messages. Merci de vous connecter ou de créer un compte pour pouvoir intervenir dans les forums.