Personalized Ruby programming assistance on Tuesday, June 20, 2006

• Personalized Ruby programming assistance on Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Hey,

It is free music Tuesday at the Apple iTunes music store today.

And in that same spirit of giving something away, I am offering to help people out with their Ruby programming snags, curiosities, and questions.

Price? Nothing.

Duration of offer: just today (2006-06-20) - 24 hours only!

Qualifications: I taught myself Ruby last year. I have been using it off and on for about 7 months. I have been doing OOP programming from 1991 to present (C++, Java, Python, and Ruby). I started doing Python programming for tons of one-off tasks in the mid-1990s: Python was a major influence on Ruby. I also taught myself LISP back in the early 1980s - it too was kind of an influence on Ruby. I learned to program in the 1970s and have been doing it professionally since the 1980s. I know my way around the keyboard.

Technical Resources:
    1. http://greenruby.blogspot.com/ (weblog about Ruby programming)
    2. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ruby_programming_group (Ruby discussion/resources group)

Contact methods.
    If you are serious about wanting some help with Ruby programming today, you can contact me here (via last.fm message), replying to this post, or via the Yahoo Ruby programming group. Whichever method is most convenient for you, really.

Limitations:
    I am not going to do your homework assignment or task at work for you. If you ask a good, specific question - I will try very hard to answer it for you.

Motivations:
    Self-actualization, boredom, curiosity - you take your pick. I would like to make contact with a few other Ruby programmers. After all, I may get stuck on something one of these months and I would like to be paid up in the good karma department. Plus, it is fun to meet more programmers who are using the same language I use. Right now, I just do not know many Ruby programmers personally. (Join the club, right?)

So, toss me a question and lets see what happens!

John

Johnny Software

Les utilisateurs anonymes ne peuvent pas poster de messages. Merci de vous connecter ou de créer un compte pour pouvoir intervenir dans les forums.