xurde's One-Hit Wonders Billboard

• Bloopy a dit :...
    • Forum Moderator
    • 12 avr. 2008, 12h54m

xurde's One-Hit Wonders Billboard

For those who haven't seen it, check out xurde's One-Hit Wonders Billboard. It's quite a fantastic invention which uses Last.fm charts as a basis for determining one-hit wonders, much like this group does. It looks at an artist's chart on Last.fm, calculates how much of a one-hit wonder they are, and ranks them on the billboard.

While it's quite cool, there's some improvements which could be made. It would be really interesting if there was an option to sort by hit listens.

Also, it seems that the formula is a bit flawed. Because it compares the hit listens to an average of the following 9 songs, it doesn't just pick up one-hit wonders, it also picks up two-hit wonders and other artists whose charts are a little bit exponential. For example, Iggy Pop and Whitesnake are both on the billboard.

I would of course suggest a formula like the one this group uses! Compare the hit listens to the 2nd song only.

• xurde a dit :...
    • Abonné
    • 13 avr. 2008, 21h18m

thanks

I celebrate you liked my application and you have found it useful. :)

Best.
    Jorge

Music is my wife.
    • Bloopy a dit :...
    • Forum Moderator
    • 1 mai 2008, 1h31m
    One thing to learn is that it's amazing what effect soundtracks can have on the Last.fm charts!

Les utilisateurs anonymes ne peuvent pas poster de messages. Merci de vous connecter ou de créer un compte pour pouvoir intervenir dans les forums.