Essential Profile Transfer - Sufficient?

• toc-rox a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 4 fév. 2010, 17h09m

Essential Profile Transfer - Sufficient?

Several people are interested to change their username. This isn't possible on last.fm because it isn't supported by last.fm. With an utility set it seems to be possible to transfer a lot of (but not all) your data to a new account.

You typically put very much effort (tags, playlists, loved tracks) into your essential music library. It's possible to transfer:
    - Music Library (artists, albums, tracks - including all tags)

- Loved Tracks
    - Playlists

Not possible to transfer - you have to start from scratch:
    - Scrobbling History

- Friends and Groups
    - Shouts and Messages
    - Journal (manually possible)

Do you think it's sufficient to transfer the essential music library?

• [Utilisateur supprimé] a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 6 fév. 2010, 18h54m
    I've long want to move anything, because I hate my old username.

• toc-rox a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 15 fév. 2010, 16h12m
    Essential profile transfer - Utility set available (beta version).

• panda4king a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 16 fév. 2010, 23h39m
    toc-rox said:
    Essential profile transfer - Utility set available (beta version).

Thanks for the great effort, and your utility is indeed a good start - but until we can transfer scrobbles I don't see this as a real solution.

Last.fm - please please please fix this...

• Utilisateur
    • 21 fév. 2010, 6h06m
    hello.

I used your program
    Normally received session key and the backup tracks library, but was unable to restore it to a new profile. On any command transfer_lastfm_tracks.pl gave me help (examples etc).

When you see the "planned" opportunities?

Thank you for the program

• panda4king a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 20 mars 2010, 3h19m

Workaround...

The best workaround at the moment is register the username you want, download this tool: http://theinstructionlimit.com/?p=146

Either import your scrobbles into iTunes or WMP. Then install the last.fm application, login to your new account and let it copy the scrobbles from your music player.

It's an ugly workaround, and you loose all the timeframe data, but means you'll still have something...

• Utilisateur
    • 1 mai 2010, 18h31m
    This is a start, BUT scrobbles is the only issue that I really have a problem with since I'm not doing it all by hand...

• Utilisateur
    • 3 juin 2010, 11h31m
    Function (change the user name) will never be officially added to the last.fm? These programs to convert music libraries are and will be the only solution? Thx for answer and sry for my english :)

• Re: Workaround...

panda4king said:
    The best workaround at the moment is register the username you want, download this tool: http://theinstructionlimit.com/?p=146

Either import your scrobbles into iTunes or WMP. Then install the last.fm application, login to your new account and let it copy the scrobbles from your music player.

It's an ugly workaround, and you loose all the timeframe data, but means you'll still have something...
    I might try that... but the problem is that I don't even have 50% of all the music I've scrobbled on this computer anymore, so I would lose shitloads of scrobbles anyway :/

• ichijou666 a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 23 mai 2012, 18h38m
    i cant lose Scrobble, thanks Though, Thanks

• precious scrobbles

all work and no play makes jack a dull boy
Les utilisateurs anonymes ne peuvent pas poster de messages. Merci de vous connecter ou de créer un compte pour pouvoir intervenir dans les forums.