Forum » Web Site Support

Diacritics moderations suddenly disappear after I play a track with the diacritics..

• Diacritics moderations suddenly disappear after I play a track with the diacritics..

For the while I've been on Last.FM, all my tracks by, say, Bjørn Lynne were tagged 'Bjorn Lynne'. It appeared (correctly) on my charts as 'Bjørn Lynne'. So I played another track, this time tagged 'Bjørn Lynne'. It showed up as 'Bjørn Lynne'.

But suddenly, when I played a track by 'Bjorn Lynne' again, it showed up in my charts as 'bjorn lynne'. Huh? Is this a recent problem, or was it caused by me playing the correct diacritics once? And why the lowercase?

• nco_ a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 9 jan. 2006, 9h06m
    • lastavenue a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 10 jan. 2006, 23h56m

Auto-modding to lowercase?

I understand that, but why the mod from 'Bjorn Lynne' to 'bjorn lynne'? Is that a leftover auto-mod?

• antiphon a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 11 jan. 2006, 0h08m
    Doesn't look like a mod at all. In the server's eyes Bjorn Lynne and bjorn lynne and bJORn LynNE all look to be the same, and it just happens that the lowercase version was there first. Seems Bjørn is the one that's mysteriously changing to Bjorn -- do I read you right?

(Having both artists in your charts apparently the same, or differentiated only by case, is something that happens with a great deal of diacritic-marked artists, yes. See widespread confusion...)

• Utilisateur
    • 11 jan. 2006, 5h54m
    No, my tags marked 'Bjørn' show up as 'Bjørn', because I changed my tags a day ago. AFAIK, before the mods got messed up, a track tagged 'Bjorn' showed up as 'Bjørn'.
    Now, it shows up as 'bjorn'.

However, the problem seems to be the lower-casing...

• antiphon a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 11 jan. 2006, 6h04m
    Now that's weird. When I look at your page I see no Bjørn in your charts at all, yet the capitalised Bjorn leads to the correct Bjørn page ... I think this is an 'Artist Translation' settings issue on my end, which a few people have noticed being buggy recently. Sorry to add to the confusion!

• DoctorT a dit :...
    • Utilisateur
    • 11 jan. 2006, 6h24m

Re:

Quoth antiphon:
    Now that's weird. When I look at your page I see no Bjørn in your charts at all, yet the capitalised Bjorn leads to the correct Bjørn page ... I think this is an 'Artist Translation' settings issue on my end, which a few people have noticed being buggy recently. Sorry to add to the confusion!

Could Bjørn have been moderated at some point with Bjorn added as the English translation?

Music, like language, is universal.
    • Utilisateur
    • 16 jan. 2006, 17h55m

English translation, that seems to be it

Could Bjørn have been moderated at some point with Bjorn added as the English translation?
    Seems so, because when I changed my settings to 'Translate to English', Bjørn started appearing as Bjorn in my charts. I still had to play 'Bjørn'-tagged files in order for it to show up properly as 'Bjorn Lynne' in English or 'Bjørn Lynne' in non-translated. When I play a file tagged 'Bjorn Lynne', it still shows up as 'bjorn lynne'.

File tag > Non-translated > Translated
    'Bjørn' > 'Bjørn' > 'Bjorn'
    'Bjorn' > 'bjorn' > 'bjorn'

Les utilisateurs anonymes ne peuvent pas poster de messages. Merci de vous connecter ou de créer un compte pour pouvoir intervenir dans les forums.