Forum » Label Services Forum

Album artwork upload does not work

• Album artwork upload does not work

I am unable to upload the artwork for an album in the manager. The picture is a 425x425 jpg file. The file uploads but then fails to show.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 4 Jun 2008, 11:51
    As this is an issue with the MM,
    I am moving this to the labels forum where our music support team can help you.
    Thanks!

• I'm having this problem also and have been since yesterday.

HELP PLEASE.

• alcxxk said...
    • Alumni
    • 4 Jun 2008, 12:02
    Hi All,

This is indeed currently broken, and we're working on fixing it. In the mean time we appreciate your patience. In the meantime you'll be able to upload artwork on the site, using the Cover Art tab on your album page. When you do that, you can post here and we will vote on your image, to make it "official".

Thanks,

Chris

• Come on!

Why is this broken? If it worked before, it shouldn't "break" out of the blue... and don't you think that your artist/label management should be a priority? After all content is king... is it not?

This is extremely annoying... because your suggested workaround uploading via the cover art tab doesn't actually set the cover art of my album.

Peace
    Mike Gregoire
    Founder/Curator blocSonic.com
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 8 Jun 2008, 10:06
    It is a very annoying thing.

When you think it might be fixed?

• alcxxk said...
    • Alumni
    • 9 Jun 2008, 12:42
    Hi all,

Are you actually still experiencing this problem? It works for me. If it isn't working, could you please explain what is happening when you try?

Thanks,

Chris

• I couldn't upload my album art over the past two days. My picture is 1423 x 1411...maybe this is too large? But I already have another album cover posted with an even higher resolution.

• alcxxk said...
    • Alumni
    • 9 Jun 2008, 12:50
    Hi marybeth-damico,

What is happening when you try to upload the picture? Is it in jpeg format?

Thanks,

Chris

• Yes, it is in JPG format...it either breaks off, or it looks like it uploads, but then when I hit save changes, it doesn't take....

• alcxxk said...
    • Alumni
    • 9 Jun 2008, 13:02
    Hi Marybeth,

Have you tried uploading through the public end of the site, as described here?

Thanks,

Chris

• hmm, that didn't seem to work either....:-(

• How many votes does it take then? I still see nothing....

• alcxxk said...
    • Alumni
    • 9 Jun 2008, 16:26
    Hi Marybeth,

I've given it a few more votes, and now it seems to be appearing.

Cheers,

Chris

• Many thanks Chris! I hope you can help me with my music upload too....?

• I could go crazy! It disappeared again. Major frustration.

• Still doesn't work %(

Case 1:
    It hangs up with message "uploading" and nothing follows :(

Case 2:
    It uploads, but generated preview is empty.

Case 3:
    It uploads and show me correct preview, but after clicking "Save changes" I have an answer:
    ----
    ERROR
    The requested URL could not be retrieved

While trying to retrieve the URL: http://musicmanager.last.fm/manage/album/

The following error was encountered:

* Zero Sized Reply

Squid did not receive any data for this request.

----
    (I work through HTTP proxy)

Case 4:
    I see notification "The changes to “XXX” have been saved", but nothing changes indeed

Case 5:
    (Nearly 1 of 50 tries) It works :)

• alcxxk said...
    • Alumni
    • 10 Jun 2008, 11:14
    Hi all,

This does seem to be broken again - please use this work-around in the mean time.

Marybeth - I've given your image some more votes and it seems to be sticking now.

Thanks,

Chris

• Hey Chris, it seems that every few days the picture disappears again unless you "give it some more votes." There's gotta be a better solution to this problem....!

• Would appreciate if people could vote for this cover art.

http://www.last.fm/music/Macc%2B%2526%2BdgoHn/15+Bit/+images/6608965

Please and Thank you. :)

• Same issue here now. Just uploaded three new releases and the cover art won't stick when uploading through the label manager. :(

• same thing...

i tried this on safari and firefox on Mac OS X and it's not working...i'm getting some different results..sometimes it never propogates on the page after selecting the file...sometimes it does...then I "save changes" and it doesn't change...

please vote !!!

http://www.last.fm/music/KnowSleep/KnowSleep/+images/6665165

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.