Forum » General Discussion

What book or books are you reading?

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 24 Aug 2012, 17:29
    GrimReaperBG said

And I have the following waiting for me:

Haruki Murakami is my favourite author of all time. I have read most of his books time and time again.

I'm currently reading:

again!

• Interesting look into radio history...

• It's early and bright out, the sun swallowed me.
    tumblr

• We live in a society of wolves. You do not fight back by creating more sheep.
  • "Talent develops itself in solitude; character in the stream of life." - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

• Delightfully twisted and evil indeed, shame that the bloody nine dies.

• NFXFSX said...
    • User
    • 26 Aug 2012, 15:32
    Ciaphas Cain: Hero of the Imperium

• I devoured those books. If you like Ciaphas you should try the Gaunt's Ghost series if you haven't allready.

• NFXFSX said...
    • User
    • 26 Aug 2012, 15:44
    Saxon-Thunder said:
    I devoured those books. If you like Ciaphas you should try the Gaunt's Ghost series if you haven't allready.

Yeah I was looking at those for when I finished up the Cain series.

• In The Penal Colony by Kafka and Notre Dame de Paris by Victor Hugo. I also find myself returning to 120 Days of Sodom a lot for some reason...

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 9 Sep 2012, 19:16
    reading Atlas Shrugged atm, it's definitely a must-read!

• Not really a book, but ...

Jim Morrison's poetry. Interesting stuff.

While I did finish an actual book last month as well:

"Expectations are a horrific thing" - Robert Plant
  • Selected Writings, Marx
    Minimal Rationality, Christopher Cherniak
    Heart of Darkness, Conrad (again)
    Lord of the Rings, Tolkien (again)
    Songs of Innocence and of Experience, Blake

• My reading through of the Wheel of Time series is on indefinite hold since I sort of burnt myself out, but when I get myself reading again, this'll be next.

• ^ I went through a similar problem with Erikson's Malazan series. Still only on the second volume.

• [spam]

[spam]

Edited by hjbardenhagen on 17 Apr 2014, 01:15
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 18 Sep 2012, 16:53

By turns enlightening, amusing and depressing. A strangely convincing comparison between the authors memories of Francis Bacon and his Soho contempories and the visceral life-affirming quality of his paintings.

• AggronAmarth said:
    My reading through of the Wheel of Time series is on indefinite hold since I sort of burnt myself out, but when I get myself reading again, this'll be next.

Quality, quality, quality. Each book lasts so long considering they're all ~1000 pages. Awesome.

sometimes i look at my feet but then i look away at once because feet are repulsive

• ich tu dir weh !
    T U T M I R N I C H T L E I D
    • lasziv said...
    • User
    • 19 Sep 2012, 07:02
    Simon Beckett: Tiere (english Title: Animals)
    A Man catches People and keeps them as Pets. A strange and thrilling Book.
    Worth buying.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 19 Sep 2012, 21:34

Definitely worth spending an hour or two reading through this slim but no less potent volume. Ostensibly each tiny chapter (no more than 2-4 pages long) presents an interpretation for what the nature of an afterlife might be like, ranging from the transcendentally logical to the outright surreal.
    However rather than arguing needlessly 'for' or 'against' the possibility of life after death these chapters are better explained as being literary experiments that propose many surprising (and often contradictory) aspects of the human mind and our own sentience. I won't reveal any of them here in case of spoilers but if you have even a passing interest in the big questions about life, death, consciousness, morality etc you could do a lot worse than get your mitts on this.

Wonderful yet frustratingly formatted art book. Although it features some the very best illustration and goth orientated art i've ever seen, the author/publisher has made the rather bizarre decision of omitting the titles of the artworks, as well as other bog-standard table tome info such as medium, size, date of creation, etc. For a big beautiful survey like this its a very disappointing (not to mention unprofessional!) revelation.

• Game of thrones series or rather A Song Of Ice And Fire. Really good series currently on 3rd part. Great writing!

you annoy me therefore I am
  • BEEALZEBUB'S TALES TO HIS GRANDSON . . George Ivanovitch Gurdjieff .

of course..

..standing knee-deep in my own blood . .
  • Second part of The Hunger Games

"Music expresses that which can not be said and on which it is impossible to be silent"

- Victor Hugo
  • Crazy book. Amusing, dark and quite poignant.

[Pending moderation]
Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.