Forum » General Discussion

What was the highlight of your day?

• EmptySkyXD said:
    unbirthday said:
    fallencowboy said:
    I had to put up with like 30 jewish people. I'm not prejudice, but they really do live up to their stereotype.

Greedy. Fucking. Bastards.

Reading this because I know it to be true, having worked part time at a Temple
    <Laughing my ass off.

errm.. thanks :/ What's so bad about us? lol no offence just intrigue!

Highlight - Getting on the train for free... do I live up to the stereotype? :P

my best friend is jewish, so no, nothing bad about that!
    she DOES obsess about coupons though

highlight: time went by quickly, only an hour and a half before I am free.

awskeetskeetskeetskeet
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 21 Aug 2012, 14:34
    unbirthday said:
    EmptySkyXD said:
    unbirthday said:
    fallencowboy said:
    I had to put up with like 30 jewish people. I'm not prejudice, but they really do live up to their stereotype.

Greedy. Fucking. Bastards.

Reading this because I know it to be true, having worked part time at a Temple
    <Laughing my ass off.

errm.. thanks :/ What's so bad about us? lol no offence just intrigue!

Highlight - Getting on the train for free... do I live up to the stereotype? :P

my best friend is jewish, so no, nothing bad about that!
    she DOES obsess about coupons though

highlight: time went by quickly, only an hour and a half before I am free.

Who wouldn't obsess over coupons? :P That I'm out of work in an hour & that I don't have to watch spiderman tonight :D

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 21 Aug 2012, 16:55
    Someone quoting me on fundamentalists =p

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 22 Aug 2012, 11:07
    More Facebook lulz:

• tuua said...
    • User
    • 22 Aug 2012, 19:40
    i was talking in english with one girl and it was horrible but she understood like everything i tried to say haha, i really suck at english

• nice walk in the peaceful yet kind of creepy night

• Kennoth said...
    • User
    • 23 Aug 2012, 01:46
    The Hunger Games.

Entertaining enough way to waste 2 and a half hours.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 23 Aug 2012, 11:05
    I make the best fry-ups

low fat spray oil is the key!!

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 23 Aug 2012, 11:25
    If you have any left... :P

I had my first fry recently. Then I had one outside of NI - wtf are they all about? Toast & beans are weird.

Highlight: Even though I have to work when I'm meant to be off I'm on my own and have seen from really good lolcats :/

• Finding out that my favourite band celebrates that they excist a decade. Onwards to another decade with the all fathers blessing.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 23 Aug 2012, 19:44
    Higgins Tea Party smackdown goes viral

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2012/0823/breaking30.html

A two-year-old YouTube clip, of President of Ireland, Michael D Higgins debating with a US conservative talkshow host and Tea Party advocate has gone viral.

The clip has been viewed approximately 200,000 times in the past 48 hours and Mr Higgins is garnering much positive reaction from US-based users of social media sites.

In the 2010 Newstalk radio clip, the then Labour TD Michael D Higgins tells talkshow host Michael Graham to “be proud to be a decent American rather than being just a w**ker whipping up fear”.

Mr Higgins said Graham was using the same tactics as former Conservative vice-presidential candidate Sarah Palin “to get a large crowd, whip them up, try and discover what is the greatest fear, work on that and feed it right back and you get a frenzy”...

His voice rising, every word precise, President Higgins recalls his time living among ordinary Americans when he was a young professor working in the American Midwest in the 1960s.

...He hits out at the unfairness of healthcare policy in the US and how the majority of workers who hold down two or three jobs are still not entitled to healthcare benefits, while a tiny elite enjoy the privileges.

He laments the scare tactics of the right and celebrates how young Americans are travelling the world again....

He is one of the most important social commentators of many generations. His crusades are legendary in Ireland.

That and his support for the arts and Gaeltacht. Glad he was elected =]

Edited by a deleted user on 23 Aug 2012, 20:40
    • Kennoth said...
    • User
    • 23 Aug 2012, 19:46
    Tea Party. Just try to repeat that ten times in a row. How utterly gay.

• Getting this lamp for my library:

It's an abomination of creativity, and I will love its ugly little ass until the end of time.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 23 Aug 2012, 20:42
    EmptySkyXD said:
    If you have any left... :P

I had my first fry recently. Then I had one outside of NI - wtf are they all about? Toast & beans are weird.

Highlight: Even though I have to work when I'm meant to be off I'm on my own and have seen from really good lolcats :/
    Yeah I don't really do toast and beans, I can obviously but it's not my thing.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 23 Aug 2012, 20:42
    DaddyPobbin said:

A two-year-old YouTube clip, of President of Ireland, Michael D Higgins debating with a US conservative talkshow host and Tea Party advocate has gone viral.

The clip has been viewed approximately 200,000 times in the past 48 hours and Mr Higgins is garnering much positive reaction from US-based users of social media sites.

In the 2010 Newstalk radio clip, the then Labour TD Michael D Higgins tells talkshow host Michael Graham to “be proud to be a decent American rather than being just a w**ker whipping up fear”.

Mr Higgins said Graham was using the same tactics as former Conservative vice-presidential candidate Sarah Palin “to get a large crowd, whip them up, try and discover what is the greatest fear, work on that and feed it right back and you get a frenzy”....

He is one of the most important social commentators of many generations. His crusades are legendary in Ireland.

Good on him. How often in life does a high-profile conservative American get called a "wanker", right to his face? :3

• Making money~ actually having time to dress nice today! Lol

awskeetskeetskeetskeet
  • I finally stood up to my pet frog Mr. Zimmers. He has really been eating way too many of my flies.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 24 Aug 2012, 15:35
    Selfsurprise said:

DaddyPobbin said:

Mr Higgins said Graham was using the same tactics as former Conservative vice-presidential candidate Sarah Palin “to get a large crowd, whip them up, try and discover what is the greatest fear, work on that and feed it right back and you get a frenzy”...

His voice rising, every word precise, President Higgins recalls his time living among ordinary Americans when he was a young professor working in the American Midwest in the 1960s.

...He hits out at the unfairness of healthcare policy in the US and how the majority of workers who hold down two or three jobs are still not entitled to healthcare benefits, while a tiny elite enjoy the privileges.

He laments the scare tactics of the right and celebrates how young Americans are travelling the world again....

Good on him. How often in life does a high-profile conservative American get called a "wanker", right to his face?
    :3 'anno, right? =p

~~~~~~~

Might be Doc sending a letter to Marty AGAIN:

http://blogs.smithsonianmag.com/smartnews/2012/08/no-one-knows-what-is-in-this-100-year-old-norwegian-package-we-hope-its-not-a-troll/

No One Knows What Is in This 100-Year-Old Norwegian Package. We Hope It’s Not a Troll.

Source: Daily Mail

In 1912 in a small town in central Norway, Johan Nygaard, Otta‘s first mayor, scribbled a note on a package. In a lovely cursive scrawl he wrote the words: “May be opened in 2012.”

Tomorrow, a roughly 7-pound, secret parcel will finally be opened after 100 years of quiet existence. Not one person alive knows what’s inside—though some have their guesses. Kjell Voldheim who works at Gudbrandsdal museum in the Norwegian county of Oppland where the package is held, is one of two people who will get to open it. He shared his theories on what’s inside with the Norwegian newspaper, VG Nett:

“We have no idea what’s in it! It is incredibly exciting! There may be historical documents in it. Or maybe it’s “The Blue Star” diamond from the Titanic, which sank in 1912″

The parcel was left in the council's care in 1920 by Johan Nygaard, a former chairman of Sel council in Otta, who had wrapped and sealed it eight years earlier on the anniversary of the legendary Battle of Kringen.

The battle stood in Otta in 1612 between local peasants and Scottish mercenary soldiers on their way through the Norwegian woods to enlist to fight in the Swedish army during Kalmar War between Denmark-Norway and Sweden
    Miraculously the Norwegian peasants won and it is believed that the contents of the package may have some connection to the battle 400 years ago.

The date on the package is the 26th of August 1912, which was the 300th anniversary of a famous battle between local peasants and Scottish mercenary soldiers hired by the Swedish army

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2192632/To-opened-2012-The-secret-mysterious-parcel-wrapped-1912-unveiled-Norwegian-town.html#ixzz24ToF8BIc

My friend says: "I think its a 8th Harry Potter book with a note,

"LOL"

• 100 year old Rick Roll plz

awskeetskeetskeetskeet
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 26 Aug 2012, 22:39
    =D

Celebrating Neil Armstrong, the man responsible for the United States' most unique achievement: planting the Stars and Stripes somewhere without having to kill anyone.

R.I.P.

"One small step for man, One giant leap for Mankind."

[Click for larger

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 27 Aug 2012, 12:56
    The President likes northern ireland's Two Door Cinema Club

heard he booked out their show in Washington on the radio lol

http://www.nme.com/news/two-door-cinema-club/65732

• Kennoth said...
    • User
    • 27 Aug 2012, 17:55
    Pizza I bought from the bakery.

• I finally upgraded to Windows 7.

Autosort is killing me.

sometimes i look at my feet but then i look away at once because feet are repulsive

• This

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 28 Aug 2012, 02:06
    DaddyPobbin said:
    Selfsurprise said:

DaddyPobbin said:

Good on him. How often in life does a high-profile conservative American get called a "wanker", right to his face?

After that video went viral this is going viral, another Irish take down of some 'haterz gonna hate' American douche:

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.