Forum » General Discussion

What was the highlight of your day?

• NFXFSX said...
    • User
    • 13 May 2012, 20:57
    DaddyPobbin said:
    Edit: Just found out a dog won Britain's Got Talent

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-18048792

Never watched it in my life but that made me laugh.

That show embarrasses a nation.

It also is delaying the new season of Top Gear. >:(

• NFXFSX said:
    DaddyPobbin said:

Oh noes, Top Gear must get priority over Britain's got talent.

"Music expresses that which can not be said and on which it is impossible to be silent"

- Victor Hugo
  • Frozencheck said:
    NFXFSX said:
    DaddyPobbin said:

Oh noes, Top Gear must get priority over Britain's got talent.
    How does that work? Ratings or something?

Didn't Top Gear just finish a new series recently? *iz confuzzled*

"Or shall I perhaps know, That I was happy oft and oft before, Or must I be content with discontent..." - Edward Thomas, The Glory
  • Making chocolate choc chip pancakes. Omnomnom.

Leave my a's alone.
  • A new pair of Brogues for £20 from TK Max:)

"I never picked cotton"
  • "Or shall I perhaps know, That I was happy oft and oft before, Or must I be content with discontent..." - Edward Thomas, The Glory
  • ^ The Churchill anecdote gets me every time.

• Absurd93 said:
    ^ The Churchill anecdote gets me every time.
    =D yeah it's chocked full of great material, it's a pleasure to watch and I don't normally watch talk shows much anymore.

"Or shall I perhaps know, That I was happy oft and oft before, Or must I be content with discontent..." - Edward Thomas, The Glory
  • I got my hair cut really short today. Now I look exactly like Zach Galifianakis from Hangover 2, except if Zach Galifianakis from Hangover 2 had redder hair and were about 50kg lighter.

Let the panties hit the floor.

sometimes i look at my feet but then i look away at once because feet are repulsive
  • I went down to the beach tonight and feeling the fresh spring air was honestly just wonderful... it sounds cheesy but I've been cooped up too long. It was awesome to smell the tide coming in, I've missed that scent.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 15 May 2012, 23:35
    Riding my moped 20 miles in beautiful weather and getting frozen yogurt at Red Mango.

• Some fabulous TV:

Re-United:

Should be on Iplayer soon: [Pending moderation]

Documentary on Harry Gregg, Northern Ireland football international and Manchester United '[Pending moderation]' goalkeeper, once voted the world's best.

It follows his journey back to Munich where he survived the air crash which claimed the lives of 23 passengers, including many upcoming stars of the game 'the Busby Babes' ([Pending moderation])

The story ends when he meets the mother and son who he saved from the house the airplane hit for the first time since the accident.

~~~~~~

Spotlight:

[Pending moderation]

News story: [Pending moderation]

Award-winning Investigative Journalist show which uncovers scandals and corruption.

This episode on the rise and fall of the Quinn group, and of Sean Quinn, once Ireland's richest man and his subsequent bankruptcy - the biggest in the history of UK & Ireland. His fall and that of Anglo-Irish bank tells the tale of the crash of Ireland's Celtic Tiger.

This instalment has the journalist Jim Fitzpatrick travels the global to uncover Quinn's missing millions. Quinn owes billions to the Irish taxpayers, after the bank that loaned him the billions during the economic crash was nationalised.

The Quinn family, through third parties and overseas companies, and a large property portfolio have thwarted the Irish state out of millions by selling, buying them through subsidiseris and bribing foreign governments to deter the Irish state's case for ownership of Quinn's assets in the courts.

~~~~

BBC Four - Roundhead or Cavalier: Which One Are You?

[Pending moderation]

In the middle of the 17th century, Britain was devastated by a civil war that divided the nation into two tribes - the Roundheads and the Cavaliers. In this programme, celebrities and historians reveal that modern Britain is still defined by the battle between the two tribes. The Cavaliers represent a Britain of panache, pleasure and individuality. They are confronted by the Roundheads, who stand for modesty, discipline, equality and state intervention.

The ideas which emerged 350 years ago shaped our democracy, civil liberties and constitution. They also create a cultural divide that influences how we live, what we wear and even what we eat and drink. Individuals usually identify with one tribe or the other, but sometimes they need some elements of the enemy's identity - David Cameron seeks a dash of the down-to-earth Roundhead, while Ed Miliband looks for some Cavalier charisma.

Truly entertaining and one for English history fans.

It really makes you question where you stand, questions your views on society, you see the influence the Parliamentarians/Roundheads had on modern democracy, in Britain and Europe and whether Cromwell is a hero or villain.

~~~~

Panorama: The Truth about Tax

[Pending moderation]

News story: [Pending moderation]

Major UK-based firms cut secret tax deals with authorities in Luxembourg to avoid millions in corporation tax in Britain, the BBC's Panorama has found.

The secret tax deals revealed in the documents, first seen by French journalist Edouard Perrin of TV production company Premieres Lignes and then shared with the BBC, were all devised by accountancy firm PriceWaterhouseCoopers (PWC).

Irish journalist Darragh MacIntyre* asks 'is big business paying its fair share?' and uncovers some of the biggest UK companies tax evasions, devised by one of the UK's largest accountancy agencies and the tax deals brokered with Her Majesty's Revenue and Custom which is under reform by the coalition govt. and how it is dealing with it.

* (who recently did the widely talked about '[Pending moderation]', which calls into question Cardinal Brady, primate of Ireland, and head of Irish Catholics, and his role in silencing and failing victims of systematic sexual abuse as a young priest investigating victim's claims)

~~~~~~

The Simpons - 'Simpson Tide'

Probably the craziest, often surreal episode. Full of references, film scenes and the [Pending moderation]. Def. in my Top 3.

Link to Full Episode: [Pending moderation]

WE'RE DOWN TO MOOD LIGHTING HERE!

[Pending moderation][Pending moderation][Pending moderation]
  • a decent lunch

• Finished my exams yesterday, no studying today

• I just got home from a bonfire at the beach. It's like 6:00am California time. It's always an awesome night when it's around a fire and good company.

Check out my band www.facebook.com/KWeekend

• Good weather and free day tomorrow, = going out tonight !

"Music expresses that which can not be said and on which it is impossible to be silent"

- Victor Hugo
  • Blowing Beef Jerky bubbles with Chuck Norris

• Nearly crashing my car into a wall.

• Oh..they know!

• My birthday

• Kennoth said...
    • User
    • 17 May 2012, 00:01
    Happy birthday.

This was my highlight:

Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me. For the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear.

• [spam]

[spam]

Edited by hjbardenhagen on 17 Apr 2014, 01:15
  • Had a pie with brown sauce and irn-bru. mmm

• Obliterating the spider queen, listening to Bill Evans/the new Beach House record and planning to go to bed by 9pm to wake up in time for the Champion's League Final.

• I went out drinking last night and two girls tried to get with me. I turned both of them down because I made a promise to someone that I wouldn't do anything. I'm actually quite proud of myself.

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.