Forum » General Discussion

What programme do you use to listen to your music

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 16 Jul 2012, 21:44
    I see so many iTunes users, not sure if they've heard of all the other programs, or just prefer iTunes, or wut. It's a toss up for me. I like J Rivers and MM, but both could be improved greatly. I think this 'industry' is in it's infancy.

Can't wait until I'm talking to my widescreen, telling it I'm in the mood for some Russian IDM and Industrial Folk with a dab of Exotica and 1950's Space Age Lounge. Then sit back and enjoy! No commercials! (Maybe that's why the day will never come?)

As for now, Foobar is still to complicated... WMP to crappy...iTunes too filled with intrusive tagging and ads...so, for playlists, burning etc it's either J Rivers or MediaMonkey.

For just playing a quick song occasionally: AIMP3 or Jajuk.

• Windows Media Player or Winamp.

“I linger yet with Nature, for the night hath been to me a more familiar face than that of man; and in her starry shade of dim and solitary loveliness, I learn’d the language of another world.”
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 16 Jul 2012, 21:47
    To everyone saying Winamp, WMP or iTunes...a quick question please.

Just out of curiosity, not out of spite, have you tried or even heard of the following:
    J Rivers / MediaMonkey / MusicBee Etc?

Thanks.

• Google Chrome/Last.fm player

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 16 Jul 2012, 22:17
    Also, what size library do you have?
    Can iTunes even handle a collection bigger than 10, 000 files?

• Alainn said...
    • User
    • 16 Jul 2012, 22:26
    Can't wait until I'm talking to my widescreen, telling it I'm in the mood for some Russian IDM and Industrial Folk with a dab of Exotica and 1950's Space Age Lounge. Then sit back and enjoy! No commercials! (Maybe that's why the day will never come?)You really need to check out Tomahawk: grab the top tracks for these genres on Last.fm (although the Tomahawklet is having some issues with Last.fm ATM), drop them on a "New Radio" and listen to tracks like that all day. Just be sure to include the VK-resolver (it's on the forum) otherwise Echonest gets a bit testy (they have a maximum of 3600 requests per hour).

Just out of curiosity, not out of spite, have you tried or even heard of the following:
    J Rivers / MediaMonkey / MusicBee Etc?
    J Rivers: nope (I thought that was hardware connected?)
    MediaMonkey: yes, their intelligent playlist is really good (I had one that only played tracks by artists that were not in my Last.fm-library, good times) but I had some memory leaks in the past.
    MusicBee: the only player that I'd use for local files. Possibly the nicest guy I've met online: I once had a glitch with it on a sunday evening, posted on their forum and was given an alternative version within the hour.

Update: Also, what size library do you have?About 174K tracks, not all of them correctly tagged but I'm not doing that again.

New: Obscure Music Blogs a collection of music blogs with rare/obscure music from all genres
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 16 Jul 2012, 22:44
    Hey thanks for the suggestion. And the reply.
    I have about the same sized library. Am tagging now.

Funny side topic:

Bafflegab [baf-uhl-gab] is a slang term referring to confusing or generally unintelligible jargon. (See Gobbledygook).[1]

The word was defined by its inventor, Milton A Smith, as "multiloquence characterized by consummate interfusion of circumlocution or periphrasis, inscrutability, and other familiar manifestations of abstruse expatiation commonly utilized for promulgations implementing Procrustean determinations by governmental bodies."[2] Thus defining "bafflegab" using bafflegab.

Example:
    "(Tomahawk) decouples the name of the song from the source it was shared from - and fulfills the request using all of your available sources.

This creates a universal translation layer across music repositories, streaming services and geographic territories."

TOMAHAWK WEBSITE

- - - - - - - - - -

Sounds like a smart list player.
    =/
    Am I wrong here?
    Often, I am. And, I like to define my own 'top tracks'.
    I have a feeling marketing executives use 'top tracks' to push units.
    As they do on most radio stations worldwide already.

The main key in my futuristic fantasy though...is the audio interface.
    I'm tired of being chained to the deskchair. Watching my testosterone and metabolism plummet as I stare into a screen. (uh...too much info?)

Anyways, yeah.

• Using iTunes. Since I'm using a Mac and use my iPod frequently, I can't be bothered to look for an alternative player. iTunes is a huge RAM hog, but it works.

• been using this all week... mostly cuz i was trying to find new music, but then it auto generates a playlist for you and i can just listen w/ no ads or download to my ipod. pretty sweet:

http://okmusic.fm/

• alin1 said...
    • User
    • 20 Jul 2012, 23:55
    AIMP

The best audio player. Better than anything else: read all common audio formats, 32-bit audio processing, great interface, excellent audio engine, multiple playlists in tabs, Last.fm Scrobbler, hotkeys, support for plugins etc.

No useless features like Winamp, itunes, WMP etc. I'm using this program for over 3 years.

Give it a try.

• LoreZu said...
    • User
    • 21 Jul 2012, 00:03
    still winamp

• Clementine and sometimes Banshee.

If my thought-dreams could be seen, they'd probably put my head in a guillotine.

• AiMP - best player ever

ибо нехуй... © o_6yyyy!..
  • I used itunes on my iphone when listening to music.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 27 Jul 2012, 08:44
    i used winamp for a very long time , but switched to aimp a few years ago

• byeol said...
    • User
    • 27 Jul 2012, 13:48
    Foobar2k

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 27 Jul 2012, 17:57
    I use iTunes, only because I have no other options. No foobar on mac and all players that play lossless natively give me problems. End up transcoding FLAC -> ALAC to listen to lossless on iTunes.

• VLC Media Player. XP

~★[Pending moderation] | [Pending moderation] | [Pending moderation] | [Pending moderation]★~
    Edited by KingDecimator69 on 15 Aug 2012, 06:21
  • iTunes.

• iTunes. Windows. I'd be using Winamp, but I know my way around iTunes better.

• Winamp, Chrome..

Mou modorenakute, torimodosenakute, ushinata mono ga awari ni o osugite ,...
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 15 Aug 2012, 13:12
    Still Clementine for updating my iPod and Guayadeque for general listening on my laptop.

• Spotify.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 15 Aug 2012, 13:19
    Used to be foobar, but I switched to WMP12.

• started with winamp then went through a plethora of useless programs before finding the greatness that is foobar. I don't see any reason to ever change again.. at least in the foreseeable future.

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.