Forum » General Discussion

What programme do you use to listen to your music

• artheta said...
    • User
    • 2 Apr 2012, 18:59
    Banshee's album management is unparalleled... this means soo much to me, I can even overlook the many many bugs (some of which are pretty serious, like crashing after song playback).

WMP and Spotify when I'm on windows.

• Itunes

• [spam]

[spam]

Edited by hjbardenhagen on 17 Apr 2014, 01:16
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 9 Apr 2012, 19:17
    Mixpod, Playlist, and Pandora.

• St1cki3 said...
    • User
    • 17 Apr 2012, 01:43
    XBMC4XBOX. This little 8 year old Xbox is still going strong. :)

• VLC, although I think my music collection might be too large, it keeps crashing when I put the entire collection on random. I use Google Music err Google Play Music on my phone, but my digital collection is a bit of a mess. I'm still in the process of using Picard to fix tags and still found more cds I have not ripped, so I need to upload more to Google.

I also do not like Google's music 100%. One of these days I'm going to build my own online music database/player system, even if it is just for my own use. I started on one but I lost my work when a hard drive crashed.

My ideal system would keep track of the band, the band members, people who played instruments on a song, who produced it, etc, so that I could search for an artist name or band name and see every possible song that is related in my collection. Oddly enough Google's music service is seriously lacking on search features.

• Spotify. ALL THE TIME.

It's really convenient for me. I always have it up, and it's so easy to search an artist or song. Highly recommend. :)

• I have not used Spotify in awhile, but it is pretty cool.

I also finally broke down and spent the $3 or whatever is is to have last.fm on my phone.

I see Spotify and Last.fm in the same category of cool places to explore music that I don't own, not to listen to my personal collection.

• I mainly use Last.FM when i want to discover some new music, and use WMP when i wanna listen to the music in my library.

"Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans."
  • and I can't remember the last time I used Pandora over Last.fm.

• MediaMonkey because I'm doing it right.

sometimes i look at my feet but then i look away at once because feet are repulsive
  • iTunes and sometimes Spotify

• vroow said...
    • User
    • 15 Jun 2012, 13:46
    Spotify premium and iTunes sometimes :)

Flying with me won't be easy
    Cause, I'm not an angel
  • iTunes and Last.fm :)

...take a look at the sky just before you die, it's the last time you will...
  • foobar2000

I can't see myself changing anytime soon. I also use mixcloud frequently as an online service.

• Dh4mpir said...
    • User
    • 17 Jun 2012, 10:03
    Winamp, I've tried many but always go back to it and I've been using it now for at least 13 years..

• Gduwen said...
    • User
    • 17 Jun 2012, 21:12
    Grooveshark or WMP

• synkro said...
    • User
    • 17 Jun 2012, 21:14
    i've been a winamp user since 1997.

• Spotify and in some cases also the Last.fm Radio

I used to scrooble mainly from the Last.fm free music player (which is an extension for the Google Chrome) and in very rare instances also from Simfy. But with the launch of Spotify in the country where I live, I abandoned Simfy (but I still listen to music with the Last.fm free music player in very rare instances).

With Love from the Ruhr Valley - With Hate to Hipsters and Scene Kids !
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 22 Jun 2012, 12:29
    Foobar2000, Last.fm free music player

• Winamp on PC , Winamp Pro on my Galaxy S2.

• foobar2000. Screw anything else, I freakin' love this program.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 23 Jun 2012, 11:18
    Been using iTunes (Mac) and Spotify for years. A few weeks ago I heard about this versatile open source player called Tomahawk. It combines nicely local audio files with online content. And it also scrobbles, naturally.

I've had some trouble with finding an iPhone app that would scrobble flawlessly (since I don't live in a country where Last.fm's official app would work). I tried iScrob and iScrobble Premium but their scrobbling worked only from time to time. Now I've installed SmartPlayer and everything seems to work perfectly.

• Spotify and WMP

That's not chocolate, Charlie.
  • Normally just winamp. Easy to use, simple, isn't a ram hog. Only wish people were more creative making skins for it.

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.