Forum » General Discussion

What programme do you use to listen to your music

• I use Mediamonkey. Im kinda shocked that a big majority uses itunes. I found that itunes hogs a lot of usage. Mediamonkey lets you adds scripts that lets you calculate play history etc...

• winamp and i finally got my play count synced with last.fm :)

• I still use Windows Media Player... Yeah I know, it's like the great great grandpa of music players, but it's simple to use and works for me.

• DiscoDreamdate said:
    Noctem_Aeternam said:
    Odessius said:
    Forever iTunes. It's simple, no bullshit, no ads, no lag, no lag-spikes, no fancy bullshit-art.

Just... iTunes.

WTF iTunes simple..its a damn memory hog ...cant wait to get rid of my iPhone and unistall the damn program from my PC

Out of curiosity, which program will you use after your iPhone? I use iTunes for my iPod, but only to sync music. There was a long while where I used foobar to manage music on my iPod but I missed the genius playlists function.

I like foobar, but when I was on ubuntu I really loved Amarok. Right now I'm fine with foobar. Runs fast enough and plays the music formats I use most (mp3, flac).

Why don't you guys use Helium Music Manager? You can also sync with an ipod, this program has more features than itunes and isn't a memory hog! And there's also a free version!

• itunes, i hate it but i like everything to be synced with my ipod. i know winamp works with ipods but i never liked it

• Winamp

• Thr1c3 said...
    • User
    • 29 May 2011, 21:57
    Foobar.

We have not yet decided whether humans are in the final stage of evolution or in the process of automating it.
  • Winamp and the Zune program -- it shows pretty pictures and such.
    I used to have SongBird but it became mysteriously dysfunctional =/

Sorry, you're not a winner.
  • WMP

• Spotify. All of my downloaded music is synced to it and I have an Unlimited subscription so I may as well get the most out of it.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 2 Jun 2011, 20:11
    I originally used iTunes up until when it started freezing upon attempting to sync my iPod. I use Foobar now, love it too, would have swapped sooner had I known how good it was.

• Winamp with skins what ive been using since year of 2007 ^^

• I use Winamp 2.95 to listen to music on my computer.

• hirari said...
    • User
    • 5 Jun 2011, 06:58
    Lobster_Phone said:
    I originally used iTunes up until when it started freezing upon attempting to sync my iPod. I use Foobar now, love it too, would have swapped sooner had I known how good it was.

foobar consumes much lower memory compared to winamp and itunes. gives me a lot of freedom with playlist management too. i love it.

• jsam93 said...
    • User
    • 5 Jun 2011, 13:12
    I was actually considering switching from Windows Media Player to another programme but downloading all of my files again to a brand new programme is just way too much effort

• Velj_ko said...
    • User
    • 5 Jun 2011, 13:14
    I use iTunes and Winamp. And sometimes WMP.

• LiamEBM said...
    • User
    • 5 Jun 2011, 13:25
    iTunes.

Most def. Easy usability.

Fuct up
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 5 Jun 2011, 13:37
    foobar2000

Nice 'n' customisable.

• I use both Vox and iTunes. Vox is for FLAC and iTunes is for everything else. Everyone talks a lot of crap about iTunes but it works like a charm on Macs; if you're saying that it's a piece of crap, then you must be a Windows user, 'cause iTunes is absolutely crap on Windows.

• WMP and the Last FM Radio

• I mostly use WMP to listen to Pink Floyd

• Windows media player, works fine to me! And sometimes Last.fm Radio.

'''The world and the universe is an extremely beautiful place, and the more we understand about it the more beautiful does it appear.''

Richard Dawkins
  • Wimp for streaming and iTunes for artists not available for streaming

• J-River Media Center 15

The Cadillac of media players...

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.