Forum » General Discussion

Best songs for when you're depressed

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 30 Sep 2007, 04:08

Best songs for when you're depressed

I've been very sad lately, so sad, i can't place a song to my mood. So now, i come to you for guidance... POST AWAY

• Addicted to last.fm
    If only I knew, Would of picked a better Username.
    http://www.last.fm/group/I+Hate+my+Username
    • nrvnet said...
    • User
    • 2 Oct 2007, 00:04
    You might want to try my newest mixtape, Desolation Angels, which can be found on my LastFM page here. It's a mixtape of sorrows.

-Rick

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 2 Oct 2007, 03:15
    For Real

[video artist=Okkervil River]For Real[/video]

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 2 Oct 2007, 10:36
    Won't a sad song make it worse? Surely listening to uplifting songs would be better.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 2 Oct 2007, 11:17
    If you're really depressed? Then uplifting songs wind up turning into an attention-seeking small boy that you should've neutered in the womb.

• YDFAU61 said...
    • User
    • 2 Oct 2007, 19:23
    Beck - Lost Cause
    Beck - Guess Im doing fine
    Bob Dylan - Dont think twice its alright
    RHCP - Tear
    Everlast - Lonely Road

Those are the songs that helped me cope with many sad moments. For example, when the Bears lost the superbowl hahah.

"At least 70% of the wierdest shit you will ever see comes from Japan"
  • NOOO

hut by christina

or Everytime by britney

• If your looking for uplifting songs to get rid of the depression..uhmm...I don't know, cause when I get depressed I generally listen to sad songs just to get it outta my system ya know?
    I love songs with soft singing & Piano:
    The Fray,Augustana,Snow Patrol,Switchfoot,Straylight Run,Train,Five For Fighting.
    (I'm not religious, I listen to Switchfoot because of their creative soothing sound).

Rawr Rawr Rawr I am Vannzillaaaaa.
    Now I eat your town.
  • untitled by simple plan its a really deep song

• Simple Plan can suck my cock.

But sorry,

anything by Charon is nice when I'm blue, it gets me deep into the depression and then Wednesday 13 pulls be back up.

{"America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civillization inbetween."}

Zombies on Parade
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 3 Oct 2007, 03:25
    Amon Amarth - God, His Son And Holy Whore
    Bloodbath - Bastard Son Of God

• V.A.S.T - Visual Auditory Sensory Theater

• Whenever I'm feelin down, I put on Nirvana's Unplugged in New York in New York album which is strange because that album always makes me feel a little sad. It was the album that I listened to when I broke up with my first "girlfriend" (I was in 4th grade so it really meant nothing). Maybe I just feel like I should be listening to sad music when I'm already feeling crummy.

• Can I be depressed as well?
    It seems like the latest craze!

Addicted to last.fm
    If only I knew, Would of picked a better Username.
    http://www.last.fm/group/I+Hate+my+Username
  • best songs for when depressed

David Sylvian - September

• mojaam said...
    • Subscriber
    • 3 Oct 2007, 17:55
    For some odd reason, I find listening to sad songs to be a good remedy when depressed so I will be suggesting radiohead, coldplay, and even Massive attack.

• Anything by the 69 Eyes definitely helps. Also, i'll agree with Hatred and say Wednesday 13, rough horror-filled punk music is really all you need when you realize just how ridiculous Joe's lyrics are.

• I would recommend Pyramid Song - Radiohead and the Requiem for a Dream soundtrack. It's even better when you see the whole movie. Also, Spiegel Im Spiegel by Arvo Part. Are you actually going to listen to all these songs? (you should listen to Spiegel Im Spiegel, it's amazing)

• With or Withour you by U2

or

Gravity by Vienna Teng

• chungyy said...
    • User
    • 4 Oct 2007, 02:24
    Listen to hoppipolla by sigur ros
    it's happy and sad at the same time as well as being the beautifulest song ever

• Into the West from the Lord of the Rings soundtrack.

If your into Tolkien lore, the song is really deep.

Maybe some Wings for Marie pt 2 by Tool.

• actually? mmh... weeping midwintertears by Abigor... Amok by diary of dreams... my preferred "depressive/suicidal black metal" artists.

• Bad Dream- Keane
    Strange and Beautiful -Aqualung

• Anything by Cryptopsy. Check them out.

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.