Forum » General Discussion

Albums you own simply based on the album and/or band name

• Albums you own simply based on the album and/or band name

I found this one in a local used music shop years ago. It was cheap, doesn't sound all that bad, and I think the cover also glows in the dark.

"El Gato De La Slam" by Slamcat

• LOL.

Never done that.

• I found a band called The Abominable Iron Sloth sometime last year and I checked them out because of the goofy name and song titles. Turns out they are actually really good and they are now in 16th place in my overall charts.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 2 May 2012, 14:25
    I have a rather silly habit of buying albums because the band name is bonkers or the album art is eyecatching. Heres some albums that we're as good as they looked...

C-Section by Evan Parker & John Wiese

Furrier by Grumbling Fur

The Nebulous Dreams by Kiss the Anus of a Black Cat (arguably one the worst named yet exceptionally good bands ever)

Lambs Anger by Mr. Oizo

Sick Animal Eyes bu Nackt Insecten (the jewel case CD actually came with dead wasps inside the hinge)

Mythmaker by Skinny Puppy

Dwelling In A Dead Raven For The Glory Of Crucified Wolves by Wolfmangler (most viscerally nonsensical album title ever devised?)

• Kennoth said...
    • User
    • 2 May 2012, 14:31
    None.

Change is coming through my shadow. My shadow's shedding skin, I've been picking my scabs again.

• Bought this without any prior knowledge, great fun.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 2 May 2012, 20:24
    isaacashe said:
    Bought this without any prior knowledge, great fun.

I brother Rob owned that very album! :D

[/dewey eyed nostalgia]

• Selfsurprise said:
    I have a rather silly habit of buying albums because the band name is bonkers or the album art is eyecatching. Heres some albums that we're as good as they looked...

I don't think it is silly, I just wish I wasn't broke so I could do it more often.

• isaacashe said:
    Bought this without any prior knowledge, great fun.

30 second songs, that reminds me of this long gone podcast I had years ago where we crammed as much as we could into 30 seconds. We only made like two or three, it was just a little extra thing to go with this other podcast I had. Sadly I think all the files are long gone.

• 2bloo4U said...
    • User
    • 3 May 2012, 08:50
    Welcome to Squid City by Squid City

I saw the band name on a free trade site and thought it was awesome, so I looked them up. They play instrumental stuff, and it's pretty nice.
    The album art is one of my favorite album covers too.

EDIT: If we're talking about owning physical copies though, then sadly, I do not have one of this CD. I ended up buying it on iTunes, simply because I had gift card money to waste.

• Digital downloads are good. Those are some crazy squid

• 2bloo4U said...
    • User
    • 4 May 2012, 04:29
    mikekatip said:
    Digital downloads are good. Those are some crazy squid

Squids apparently have very unique tastes in architecture.

• Ticklewigglejigglepickle by Hot Pink Turtle

Prime Candidate for Burnout by Blenderhead

Gave this one a listen back when the local music shop actually had cd players sitting out for you to sample albums. The cover art and band name got me interested, but the music got me hooked. Really awesome punk album.

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.