Forum » XMMS

xmms-scrobbler - strange encodings support - patch released!

• Kosma said...
    • User
    • 20 Dec 2005, 18:59

xmms-scrobbler - strange encodings support - patch released!

I've written a simple yet very nice patch that allows using non-ISO-8859-1 ID3 tag encodings and submitting all the national characters properly. It uses iconv() glibc call to do the conversions. The patch was tested and it works very well. You can read more about the problem in this -> entry in my journal.

My solution is especially important for Polish people (but also for others), as it allows them to use xmms-scrobbler and have national characters submitted correctly.

The patch applies well on both 0.3.8.1 and 0.3.6 version of the xmms-scrobbler (the latter with some warnings, but it still works). Feedback and bug reports are welcome.

• Seems to work, thanks! Probably it would be great to utilize charset autodetection library from http://rusxmms.sourceforge.net/.

• Kosma said...
    • User
    • 28 Dec 2005, 17:17
    That's a good idea, but due to lack of time I probably won't add such functionality soon. Also, isn't there any way to get the tag information directly from xmms? It's a pity that plugins needs its own tag library...

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.