Forum » Last.fm Client Support

Client UPDATE: iTunes Scrobbling / Lion OS X issues.

• Menno75 said...
    • Subscriber
    • 7 Aug 2011, 18:32
    portenkirchner wrote: "But iTunes still crashing when playing a CD and tracks change. :-("

Yes - that's exactly what happens to me. No problems with Spotify or my iTunes library. But when playing a CD in my Macbook, iTunes crashes at the end of each song.

People of Last.fm, you can't ignore this. I am a subscriber, I pay for your services and downloading your software ruined my iTunes - and not just mine. You must act. Please advise.

• Since my original post, the plug-in has caused iTunes to crash numerous times. It always happen when an album has finished playing.
    iTunes 10.4 64-bit, OS X Lion 10.7

Peace, love and Monkeemobiles,
    Galley
  • Same-o for me over here. Whenever a track finishes on a CD, itunes crashes because of 'audioscrobbler plug-in'.

Last.fm v1.5.4.28012
    itunes v10.4 (80)

Hungry hungry hippos...
    • nrylanb said...
    • User
    • 8 Aug 2011, 02:13

No iPhone Scrobbling

The app still won't scrobble thing when I synch my iPhone 3GS to my iTunes.

EDIT: It is working now, just took it awhile for it to happen.

• zlot said...
    • User
    • 8 Aug 2011, 06:47

Client crashing iTunes

Same problem as other people have stated:
    iTunes 64bit will crash when it reaches the end of an album, or when I try to play an internet radio station such as Byte.FM

Other than that, seems to be scrobbling songs from my 3GS ok.
    Please fix asap!

• iTunes keeps crashing

iTunes crashes each time a song is finished (or rather: when the next song starts playing). Very annoying. Somehow, Last.FM keeps scrobbling the track, even though no track is being played (due to the crash).

• Still crashing every once in a while... Happy it starts automatically with iTunes again and scrobbles from my iPhone. If the crashes would be fixed I would be a very happy girl :).

• I updated the software when I got the notification, now I just tried uninstalling it and downloading it again, it still won't scrobble my ipod...

• NoEvilStar said:
    DarkElvick escribió:
    NoEvilStar said:
    The fix worked fine for me but after opening last.fm and seeing there was a Last .fm update I downloaded it and now when I open iTunes two last.fm clients appear. I've deleted everything and downloaded it again but the same happens.

I haven't scrobbled anything from my iPod but when I scrobble from iTunes songs only appear on my profile after I've listened to them and sometimes I get double scrobblings. How can I fix this?

EDIT:
    I think I've fixed it

How?

I have the same problem. I mean, I can easily exit the one and it works fine... but it's kind of stupid. :/

You have the same problem? It started working when I restarted my laptop but now the same happens again, so I just close one of them, which as you say it's kind of stupid.

It was working perfectly with the fix and now with the update, it just got worse.

Haha I had the same problem with multiple clients opening. At one point Last.fm thought I listened to a single album by Breathe Carolina 225 times in a single week via my iPod. That is a major bug if I personally know that isn't possible.

EDIT: The fix before the update was preventing me from using the menu bar controls so this multiple clients in the update isn't so bad, just a little annoying for me.

• EmppuDH said...
    • User
    • 8 Aug 2011, 15:36
    I'm using OS X 10.6.8 and iTunes 10.4. (80). I've also raged with these issues itunes and last.fm client seems to have.

I installed the new update. Scrobbling seems to work and client opens automatically with iTunes. Though I have also the same problem with multiple clients opening. It's ok for me as long as scrobbling works. As dudes said in previous messages, it feels kinda stupid :)

See the struggle of the faithless lot.
  • I'm consistently getting

anyone know how to deal with?
    is it just down for now or having issues or something?

What's the cat to do when the mouse is begging?
  • I have the same error as BlaqkinkStyle

<3 Lena Meyer-Landrut
  • For all of you who have problems with more than one client opening, I did this + I also deleted the audioscrobbler bundle from the iTunes plug-ins two days ago and I've had no problems since then.

VANIACORE escribió:
    Here's what I did:

1. Delete Last.fm scrobble app from my Macbook.

2. Download updated Last.fm scrobble app.

3. Restart computer.

4. Open the new/updated Last.fm app and plug in ipod.

5. It scrobbled like how it was before I has issues and I am HAPPY again!

Hope this works for other peeps who are experiencing problems :)

• I have iTunes 10.4 on Mac OS X Lion. I've downloaded de last version of the Last.fm client wich is this v1.5.4.28012.
    All ok! It works great, finally.

NicoRoxy ---> "La buena música te alimenta el alma"
  • Same issue as everyone else. When I first updated it only crashed every so often but today it's been that iTunes crashes after I listen to a single track. I deleted the client, redownloaded it and reinstalled it but that didn't help.

edit: I should clarify that I'm running the latest Last.fm for Mac client on OSX 10.7 with iTunes 10.4

Edited by lovesmesumcake on 10 Aug 2011, 00:51
  • I don't expect an update immediately, but would be nice to see a comment by the Last.fm stuff that they are aware of the problem!

• I'm running iTunes 9.2.3 and Mac OS 10.4.11.

Soon as I updated the new Last.fm update, the problems started.

Last.fm will scrobble when I am listening on my Mac, but it will not grab info from my iPod when I connect it any longer.

Any ideas?

There once was a note, pure and easy/playing so free like a breath rippling by...
    • Menno75 said...
    • Subscriber
    • 10 Aug 2011, 04:22
    I don't expect an update immediately, but would be nice to see a comment by the Last.fm stuff that they are aware of the problem! [2]

• Back to normal!

No problems so far! Happy as a hippo!

• @CybrKhatru, just restart your Mac and it should work!

CybrKhatru said:
    I'm running iTunes 9.2.3 and Mac OS 10.4.11.

Soon as I updated the new Last.fm update, the problems started.

Last.fm will scrobble when I am listening on my Mac, but it will not grab info from my iPod when I connect it any longer.

Any ideas?

• Scrobbling 90-second iTunes Previews

It seems that Last.fm for Mac OS 10 (Version 1.5.4.28012) is scrobbling 90-second track previews through iTunes 10.4. For obvious reasons, i would like to disable this, but i've learned from the forum here that there is no way to do this ... yet, right? Wrong! (See edit below)

Speaking as a user (rather than a developer), i would suggest a minimum track length option for users. For example, setting a minimum track length of 91 seconds would filter out iTunes previews ... but, regrettably, many other short (but legitimate) songs.

If the old 30-second previews were not scrobbled before, why not? Is there a minimum track length in place now? Or does the client app somehow filter what it knows to be streaming audio?

Can the "Scrobble Directories" section of the app's Scrobbling Preferences be the trick?

***EDIT: Bingo! Go to Preferences, select Scrobbling, expand the tree under "Scrobble directories", and select the location(s) of your music library. When i did that, and played an iTunes preview, there was a message where the scrobbling progress bar should be: "Won't scrobble: track is in directory set not to scrobble"! It will show as "Listening now" on your Profile page, but it will not remain on your "Recently Listened Tracks" list after it has finished playing.

I would like to see an update that includes a solution soon.

Thanks so much!
    14312 plays since 19 Jun 2006

• iPod...

Well, it worked... for a little while. Now it's back to not scrobbling anything off my iPod. Any ideas?

• I was playing an album, but stopped it so I could import another CD. Yep, iTunes crashed because of the scrobbler plug-in. Aaargh!

Peace, love and Monkeemobiles,
    Galley
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 11 Aug 2011, 08:52
    it's working for me now, but only after it lost ALL of my scrobbles between now and almost a year ago when it stopped working.

• not scrobbling for me...and my scrobbler is up to date

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.