Forum » Last.fm Client Support

Don't works scrobbler with iOS 5 beta

• 34/64bit Plugin

Hi, so I've now built an updated client which contains a 32/64bit universal plugin for iTunes. Follow the steps below to install:

1) Quit iTunes and Last.fm
    2) download http://cdn.last.fm/jono/Last.fm-1.5.4.28000.dmg
    3) Install the client by following the instructions
    4) Launch Last.fm

After this the new plugin will be automatically installed.

iPod scrobbling should start working again (Although this is a fairly unstable feature) and the Last.fm app will launch when you start iTunes.

Please try this out and let me know how you get on.

Note, if you previously followed the instructions to launch iTunes in 32bit mode you can undo this.

• After playback the new plugin crashes iTunes. iPhone scrobbling works though.

Running OS X 10.7, iTunes 10.4 (64 bit).

• jgm22 said...
    • User
    • 29 Jul 2011, 12:15
    worked for me. running lion and the latest version of iTunes.

jim morrissey
    • jgm22 said...
    • User
    • 29 Jul 2011, 12:15
    thank you!!!

jim morrissey
  • Re: 34/64bit Plugin

jonocole said:
    Hi, so I've now built an updated client which contains a 32/64bit universal plugin for iTunes. Follow the steps below to install:

4) Launch Last.fm

iPod scrobbling should start working again (Although this is a fairly unstable feature) and the Last.fm app will launch when you start iTunes.

Note, if you previously followed the instructions to launch iTunes in 32bit mode you can undo this.

Well, I installed this and the iPod is now recognized. I listened to a song then plugged it in.

It launches with iTunes as well.

Question. I unchecked "Always confirm scribbles.' All that does is not bring up the pop up box with the scribbled songs correct? It will still scrobble everything always, yes? And of course, enable scribbling is checked.

My songs on my iPod I listened to have not shown up yet on my profile so I don't know what's going on? How long does it usually take?

• ^And the VERY second I posted that, the song showed up in my profile. LOL

Thanks for the solution. Hopefully others will see this and perhaps a sticky thread is in order. Thanks again

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 29 Jul 2011, 16:34
    When you plug your iPod in does iTunes and Last.Fm have to be closed? Because I had Last.Fm opened with iTunes and I lost scrobbles.

jonocole said:

Running iTunes in 64-bit crashed iTunes every time I stopped playback. However, forcing iTunes to run in 32-bit mode now works flawless.

• Re: Re: 32/64bit Plugin

Mente-Maestra said:
    Running iTunes in 64-bit crashed iTunes every time I stopped playback. However, forcing iTunes to run in 32-bit mode now works flawless.

When iTunes crashes it should show the OSX CrashReporter dialog. If you could click Report... and then click the Problem Details tab and copy and paste that into an email to client@last.fm then I can try to debug the problem.

Thanks for your perseverance.

• 1.5.4.28000 works

New app works, on 10.6.8 / iTunes 10.4(80).

I should like to state that I've never had problems scrobbling 4 different iPods on this MacBook for years now. Thanks for the fix jonocole.

yesterdays can wait
  • Ehm...

What instructions? When I double click on the program it informs me I haven't got the program for it, I can open it with Itunes. Does that mean I have to place it in a particular folder?

Thanks

• It doesn't work…

No iPod scrobbling, but scrobbles work normally from desktop iTunes plays.

OSX 10.5.8 with iTunes 10.4 (80)

• dougwt said...
    • User
    • 29 Jul 2011, 19:59

Re: 34/64bit Plugin

jonocole said:

4) Launch Last.fm

Thank you so much for fixing this quickly! <3 Last.fm

jonocole said:

4) Launch Last.fm

Thanks!!! All works!!!

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 29 Jul 2011, 21:29

Works like a charm, so far. The pop-up telling me that Last.fm is ready for scrobbling has reappeared! The Last.fm app launched when I started iTunes! Played a song on iPod and it scrobbled! Woooohoooo!

Running Lion 0S X version 10.7
    iTunes 10.4
    iPod Touch software version 4.3.5

Thanks much Last.fm genius jonocole!

I'm guessing that the only way to get all the songs I've played on my iPod and synced into iTunes since the 25th into my Last.fm charts is to close my account, wait 24 hours, then reopen a new account?

Thank you so much! works completely fine now :)

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 29 Jul 2011, 22:13

iTunes just unexpectedly crashed while running scrobbler. I'm sending you the crash report via email as outlined above.

This helped a lot thank you so much :D

• Re:Possible fix

jonocole said:
    I've been trying to debug the problem and have a possible fix.

Try the following and let me know how you get on:

1) download http://cdn.last.fm/jono/AudioScrobbler.bundle-250711.zip
    2) extract the file and move the AudioScrobbler.bundle file to {Home directory}/Library/iTunes/iTunes Plug-ins/
    3) restart iTunes

If you have upgraded to Lion then you may find that you get a warning about 32-bit plugins. As I have been unable to find any details from Apple on an updated 64-bit plugin SDK there's not much that can be done about this.

As a workaround you can select the iTunes application in the Finder, choose the “Get Info” command in the File menu, and check the “Open in 32-bit mode” checkbox in the iTunes Info window.

I tried this, but there's no "Library" folder on my computer since I updated to Lion. Where did it go? I searched for it on "This Mac" and it wasn't there. I also searched for iTunes Plug-ins. Nothing. :/

~Intothemoooon
  • re: 32/64bit Plugin

Hi Jono,

Plugin works fine for me (iTunes 10.4 / OS 10.7) when scribbling from synced iPhone, or playing songs in my library... however, playing the 30-second track samples in the iTunes store causes the application to hang for a few seconds and then crash.
    I've sent the crash report through to the client@last.fm address.
    Hope that helps!

Michael.

• tfitoby said...
    • User
    • 30 Jul 2011, 01:13

Re:GOT IT!

carboxymoron said:
    I've got it. The fix from jonocole works perfect but the app keeps replacing the fixed AudioScrobbler.bundle with the old one, which is why it only works on first launch.

What you need to do is replace the AudioScrobbler.bundle in both "~/Library/iTunes/iTunes Plug-ins" and "Last.fm.app/Contents/MacOS/PlugIns" (right-click Last.fm.app in the Finder and select Show Package Contents to dig inside the app).

edit: I'm using Snow Leopard (10.6.8) and iTunes 10.4(80).

brilliant. this works awesomely.

Thanks. I missed this feature!

OSX 10.7 and iTune 10.5 Beta 5 Works a treat.

StewartG
  • i am having a similar problem to one mentioned above, latest iTunes on Lion (dmg file from above installed)

the scrobbling works fine with the new version, except when it gets to the last song in an album (just after it has played it), itunes crashes

just put itunes into 32bit mode to see if that works

EDIT: using iTunes in 32bit mode is fine

• I've installed the new app and it now scrobbles ipod on launch. However if i try and play a song iTunes, it crashes and it's caused by the audioscrobbler plug-in. Any ideas?

• Crashing at the end of an album confirmed. iTunes 10.4, OS X 10.7.

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.