Forum » Last.fm Client Support

iPod scrobbling problem (iTunes plug-in 3.0.4)

• jonocole said:
    I've got a new build for trying out - I did a bit more testing and I hope this fixes the "Last.fm is preparing iPod scrobbling" message that appears every time.

Here's the link: http://cdn.last.fm/plugins/ass/iTunesPluginWinSetup_3.0.4.2.exe

Same instructions as before:

jonocole said:
    if you're experiencing problems with scrobbling on windows please try:

* download http://cdn.last.fm/plugins/ass/iTunesPluginWinSetup_3.0.4.2.exe
    * Quit iTunes and the Last.fm client
    * run the downloaded installed program
    * restart iTunes and Last.fm

Let me know how you get on.

Still didn't work. Any idea when this will be fixed?

• the_red_shoes said:
    jonocole said:
    I've got a new build for trying out - I did a bit more testing and I hope this fixes the "Last.fm is preparing iPod scrobbling" message that appears every time.

Here's the link: http://cdn.last.fm/plugins/ass/iTunesPluginWinSetup_3.0.4.2.exe

Same instructions as before:

jonocole said:
    if you're experiencing problems with scrobbling on windows please try:

Let me know how you get on.

Still didn't work. Any idea when this will be fixed?

Did the same as above and still isn't working for me. This is so aggravating to say the least...

Like this, close your eyes
    Soar to the sky, past even your dreams
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 29 Dec 2010, 07:10
    im missing out on a few weeks of scrobbling. this sucks guys! fix it!

• xhg said...
    • User
    • 29 Dec 2010, 11:15

Use Lastpod until the problem is fixed

I recommend to use lastpod for ipod scrobbling until the problem is fixed. The program is simple to setup and use on any platform.

Personally I would favor a fix though...

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 29 Dec 2010, 13:00
    Just to add myself to the list. My iPod hasn't scrobbled for days now.

• emapia said...
    • User
    • 3 Jan 2011, 22:30

Scrobbling Issues

I use Windows Media Player. My scrobbler seems to be working properly since all tracks are scrobbled and I haven't got any issues with the cached tracks.However,my plays are not submitted to my profile.For example,the music I heard today cannot be displayed in my 'Recently played tracks' list and one can only watch it by clicking on the 'see more' tag under the recently played tracks.Plus,the 'scrobbling now' tag indicates The Last Fm Scrobbler and not Windows Media Player,like it used to. What do I have to do ? Thanks.

?
  • Re:3.0.4.1 manually working (Win7, iTunes 10.0.1.54)

genex said:
    I just downloaded 3.0.4.2 but haven't yet installed. However, with 3.0.4.1 on my Windows7 and iTunes 10.0.1.54 build if I set the Help > Diagnostics > iPod scrobbling to "I manually manage my iPod" (which I don't actually do) - then it works.

I installed the TunesPluginWinSetup_3.0.4.2 plugin and tried the above - and my tracks are finally scrobbling! However, the above only works after my ipod is done syncing to iTunes and before I eject it. I hope this works for others!

Like this, close your eyes
    Soar to the sky, past even your dreams
  • I give in

It's stopped scrobbling my iPod yet again - iTunes is okay (I think).
    So I've:
    killed last.fm app and iTunes
    redownloaded it
    restarted Windows7
    reinstalled it
    restarted it
    (done the above a a couple of times)
    giveninontheuselessprogramandnotgoingtobotheranymorewithlast.fmaswithoutthescrobblingtthesiteisofnousetomewhatsoever
    bye

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 5 Jan 2011, 01:12
    Scrobbling is very spotty for me-- some things are scrobbled, others not. Haven't found the logic to what does and doesn't scrobble.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 5 Jan 2011, 23:35
    Right I'm well pissed off!!!! I've just come back from a 2 week holiday with tonnes of music on my iPod; does it scrobble: of course not! This is gone beyond a joke. Frankly I'm not paying any more subscription to a site that neither cares (it's been going on for ages now) and that misses out on thousands of my tracks. What's the use of Last.FM if it can't do what it's main use is!!?!?!

• It's awful-instead of scrobbling stuff from the iPod it scrobbles all the plays from the last artist I've played in iTunes. I haven't installed the latest iTunes because the last time it completely screwed up scrobbling. Should I? The problem has persisted for around 2 weeks now. I've uninstalled & reinstalled the last.fm software & it seemed to fix the problem, but it was only a temporary solution. I can't possibly uninstall & reinstall whenever I want to connect my iPod...

These bugs are seriously annoying. iTunes & the last.fm software are full of shit lately. The last couple of months have been disastrous.

• i've been having the same problem for a while now. i FINALLY got it to work by setting itunes not to sync automatically (edit>preferences>devices>prevent devices from syncing automatically), and then once itunes and last.fm are open for a while i sync my ipod, then go into last.fm and manually scrobble (help>diagnostics>ipod scrobbling>scrobble ipod). it normally takes a couple minutes from there but it works for me.

• brehnevolent said:
    i've been having the same problem for a while now. i FINALLY got it to work by setting itunes not to sync automatically (edit>preferences>devices>prevent devices from syncing automatically), and then once itunes and last.fm are open for a while i sync my ipod, then go into last.fm and manually scrobble (help>diagnostics>ipod scrobbling>scrobble ipod). it normally takes a couple minutes from there but it works for me.

Did that, as well as this:

In my case (at least most recently), it DID work!

This is Windows Vista 64-bit, running iTunes 10.1.0.56, and last.fm 1.5.4.27091.

Hope that helps the devs and other people.

EDIT:
    Oh, and I'm bummed that I've lost nearly 100 or more scrobbles due to this :(

• still not working, even a month on.

thanks. last.fm is pointless without scobbles

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 6 Jan 2011, 11:14

Re: still not working, even a month on.

presumingpete said:
    thanks. last.fm is pointless without scobbles

I'm tempted just to delete the scrobbler. If it's not going to keep stats consistently or reliably, what's the point?

I've got to babysit the thing so carefully every time it synchs, because it drops things at random and duplicates things at random also.

• sraets said...
    • User
    • 6 Jan 2011, 17:07
    Well, this is annoying. Scrobbling when playing songs in iTunes works fine, but when I sync my iPod, it scrobbles the songs maybe one time out of 10 tries, and sometimes only after manually running the iPod scrobbler. It worked fine for me for years. I play most of my tracks on the iPod so this makes last.fm a bit useless for me. Any ETA on when this may be fixed?

• This works when I click 'manually manage my ipod' but it only scrobbles about a quarter of the songs..for example it apparently just found 2137 scrobbles on my ipod but only submitted 620 as scrobbles.

• I'm having problems with this as well. last.fm has been giving me nothing but headaches for a while now. In order to even scrobble a song on iTunes, I usually have to go to Diagnostics and reconnect, over and over again. I'm also having problems with scrobbling my iPod. One day last week, I went to scrobble my iPod which must have had over 50 scrobbles but none of them scrobbled. Also, today, I had over 70 scrobbles and they all worked fine except for one song - the one I played the most. It had 27 scrobbles but only 3 of them scrobbled. As everyone else has said, this is extremely annoying and makes me want to just get rid of last.fm because if it's not going to be 100% accurate, what's the point in having it?

• sraets said:
    Well, this is annoying. Scrobbling when playing songs in iTunes works fine, but when I sync my iPod, it scrobbles the songs maybe one time out of 10 tries, and sometimes only after manually running the iPod scrobbler. It worked fine for me for years. I play most of my tracks on the iPod so this makes last.fm a bit useless for me. Any ETA on when this may be fixed?

Exact same problem here, though even if I manually scrobble it doesn't work. I submitted the info too. I'm going to wait on synching my ipod until the I have to, i.e. 2 weeks.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 7 Jan 2011, 23:29
    I've been listening to my iPod all day. I synched, and it chose three -- three -- tunes at random to actually scrobble.

Sometimes when I re-synch and manually scrobble again from diagnostics it will pick up the dozens it missed the first time, but that's not working today.

Having wrong stats is incredibly, incredibly frustrating. I'd rather have no stats at all.

• my problem solved

I had all my music on a NAS which my PC and laptop accessed.
    The itunes library was on my laptop
    itunes music folder was on the NAS.

I moved my itunes library to my new fast PC. From that point I coudlnt scrobble from iPhone4 - was Ok before. same issues as mentioned above.

I solved it by consolidating itunes music library on PC and making itunes music folder the default (C drive) not on network drive anymore.

Then any new played tracks on iphone scrobbled ok. all previously played tracks do not. I had LOADS but I think their plays are lost forever.

lesson here is to succumb to default itunes settings and dont try to be a clever clogs!!

• Mac fix doesn't seem to work for me either...

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 10 Jan 2011, 05:05
    this is bs! lets go guys. we need a patch or something.

• Just piling on here. After the latest iTunes installation, I get an apparently endless loop of filepath/COM errors when I try to scrobble via the diagnostics tab. Friday's train trip to Birmingham: unmemorialized! *Sob*!

• I'm having a similar problem where only a small portion of the tracks I play actually get scrobbled. This week I listened to at least over 200 songs, but only 8 were scrobbled.

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.