Forum » Last.fm Client Support

Last.fm not scrobbling iTunes 10.1.0.54 [FIXED]

• IT'S SO EASY

Well, I have read all the things people have said in here. FIRST, it is not a problem of what version of Windows we have, SECOND, it is not a problem with 32 bits or 64 bits, THIRD, it is not a problem with installing - uninstalling things. IT IS JUST A PROBLEM WITH LAST.FM AND ITUNES 10.1. THAT'S ALL. THE PROBLEM MUST BE RESOLVED BY LAST.FM! Stop trying installing, reinstalling, uninstalling... because the problem has to be resolved by LAST.FM!

• Oh f**k, no scrobbling till at least Monday?
    Why do I have a hunch that it will get delayed till Wednesday? (so it'll be released together will of all Wednesday's updates last.fm has announced)

I have no plans of downgrading my iTunes, so.. bummer..

Edited by MojoDojoX on 13 Nov 2010, 13:21
  • Calm down, mates.

I'm currently listening to my radio station; I have to see tracks being scrobbled to my profile. I'm such a nerd, haha.

• treghet said...
    • User
    • 13 Nov 2010, 13:34
    So iTunes 10.0 was constantly crashing and resyncing hundreds of songs to my iPod, and now iTunes 10.1 is incompatible with the last.fm scrobbler? Thanks, Apple. I'll just wait for the updated plug-in.

• paulbd said...
    • User
    • 13 Nov 2010, 13:35
    foreverautumn said:
    iTunes scrobbling isn't working for me anymore either since the update tonight, but I just noticed that the iPod scrobbler still seems to detect new iTunes plays and scrobbles them (even if you normally don't use iPod scrobbling, apparently)...

Try this maybe:

(You probably need to have iPod scrobbling enabled in the Last.fm client - I already had it enabled and didn't try to change the settings - go to Tools > Options... > iPod, there's a checkbox)

* In the Last.fm client, go to Help > Diagnostics > iPod Scrobbling
    * Click "Scrobble iPod" (won't do anything yet, if you normally don't scrobble an iPod anyway)
    * Play a song in iTunes (you need to play the whole song, for its playcount in iTunes to update... iPod scrobbling works based on these playcounts)
    * Go back to the diagnostics dialogue in the client, click the "Scrobble iPod" button again
    * See if this detects and scrobbles the song you just played in iTunes

• Arghhhh I curse the day I decided to upgrade my iTunes to the lastest version!!!

For the record, I'm running Windows XP and, just like EVERYBODY here, my scrobbler stopped scrobbling (excuse the pun) since I installed iTunes 10.1.0.54 last night.
    It works perfectly fine with WMP10.
    I've tried basically EVERYTHING I found in this thread, nothing solves the issue.
    I'm guessing it's Apple's fault, the must have changed something in their new release.

Let's just hope they fix it soon, this is kinda annoying.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 13 Nov 2010, 14:03
    Well if u are not interested in listening to the Last.fm Radio and you only want to scrobble your songs than maybe try: iSproggler.
    Works fine for me. (usin' iTunes 10.1.0.54 on Windows 7 x64)

Greetings, Julia

• I've got to say, i'm astonished at how many peoples lives seemingly depend on telling the rest of the internet what song they're listening to. Chill, the good people at last.fm need a weekend too!

• experiencing the same thing, what a bunch of rubbish, *waits a month to scrobble again*

• experiencing the same thing, what a bunch of rubbish, *waits a month to scrobble again*

• I can't downgrade to 10.0 because I'm waiting for iOS 4.2. After I'll have to reinstall my iTunes 10.1 and big problems will appear, I'm sure about it.
    I'll wait a update of Scrobbler. I WON'T be crazy. I WON'T.

Gabriel Lacorte
  • foreverautumn said:
    iTunes scrobbling isn't working for me anymore either since the update tonight, but I just noticed that the iPod scrobbler still seems to detect new iTunes plays and scrobbles them (even if you normally don't use iPod scrobbling, apparently)...

Try this maybe:

(You probably need to have iPod scrobbling enabled in the Last.fm client - I already had it enabled and didn't try to change the settings - go to Tools > Options... > iPod, there's a checkbox)

* Click "Scrobble iPod" (won't do anything yet, if you normally don't scrobble an iPod anyway)
    * Play a song in iTunes (you need to play the whole song, for its playcount in iTunes to update... iPod scrobbling works based on these playcounts)
    * Go back to the diagnostics dialogue in the client, click the "Scrobble iPod" button again

This works for me :)
    This will be fine while the plugin have an update :D

• Listening to music without scrobbling, feels weird...
    First time in my life I want it 2b Monday!

• dschr said...
    • Subscriber
    • 13 Nov 2010, 14:45

LibreTunes as an alternative plugin

Install LibreTunes and scrobble to last.fm and libre.fm simultanous

Nihil sine nefas
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 13 Nov 2010, 14:48
    am using Windows 7 and iSproggler and I can scrobble. seems the problem is with the plugin.

so stop complaining and download iSproggler, I'm sure they will fix it as soon as they can.

• Sorry if somebody's already said this, but I take is windows media player is okay? I'm just gonna have to use that until it gets fixed.

• rolle- said...
    • User
    • 13 Nov 2010, 15:29

Scobbling in the most recent iTunes does not work.

Hey, I've got the same problem. Using Windows 7 (32bit), and the latest iTunes. Have tried everything suggested here, shit out of luck. Please update the plugin, thanks!

\,,/
  • download iSprogglerThat works, thanks.

• Scobbling in the most recent iTunes does not work.

Same problem overhere, using Windows 7 with latest iTunes, no scrobling... Nice B-day present ;-))

Do please update the plugin asap, thx!

• Works with iSproggler indeed!!!

Thx!!

• tsduv21 said...
    • User
    • 13 Nov 2010, 15:54

Re: IT'S SO EASY

MediaVita said:
    Well, I have read all the things people have said in here. FIRST, it is not a problem of what version of Windows we have, SECOND, it is not a problem with 32 bits or 64 bits, THIRD, it is not a problem with installing - uninstalling things. IT IS JUST A PROBLEM WITH LAST.FM AND ITUNES 10.1. THAT'S ALL. THE PROBLEM MUST BE RESOLVED BY LAST.FM! Stop trying installing, reinstalling, uninstalling... because the problem has to be resolved by LAST.FM!

Yes, Last.fm will have to fix it, but only because Apple did this on purpose so they don't roll it back. It wasn't like the Last.fm guys delivered buggy software.

• Wendums said...
    • User
    • 13 Nov 2010, 15:59

I'm scrobbling, if somewhat cackhanded!

I have scrobbling.

In Last.fm (not the main site, the desktop widget which usually displays artist info etc.) I clicked on diagnostics, clicked the scrobbling tab, then click the 'scrobble iPod button' every now and again whilst listening. It's sent my scrobbles in all afternoon.

I have my iPod plugged in, not sure if that makes it work or not, but until we have the update from Last.fm , it's working

• I noticed that there is no longer plugins under the View menu. Guessing they took it out to try and corner the market. Assholes.

Be brave.
  • alvarorojas4 said:
    foreverautumn said:

Try this maybe:

This works for me :)
    This will be fine while the plugin have an update :D

thanx, it worked for me too :) I hope problems will be fixed soon

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 13 Nov 2010, 17:27
    I'm having the same problem, I can not send songs to Last.fm after the iTunes update.

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.