Forum » Last.fm Client Support

Songs listened to in iTunes not scrobbling

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 26 Apr 2009, 13:34

Songs listened to in iTunes not scrobbling

For the past week or so, I've been listening to music, but my charts arn't updating; it's not saying what I'm listening to. It was working fine one day, and it just suddenly stopped.
    I've checked to see if the Last.fm software was set to "scrobbling on" and it is.
    When I listen to a song, it shows up in the software with the artist's bio and whatnot, and it says "scrobbled".

I'm running:
    Windows XP
    iTunes 8.1.1.10
    Last.fm 1.5.4.24567
    iTunes plugin 3.0.2.0

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 2 May 2009, 23:08
    Tracks still arn't scrobbling.

• the same thing is happening to me.. i feel your pain

• kiske9 said...
    • User
    • 14 May 2009, 12:26
    the same is happening to me too

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 16 May 2009, 18:35
    It's been 21 days since my original post and nothing has been going through except for music I listen to on the Last.fm website.

• try reinstalling the itunes plugin--go to tools, get plugin in the last.fm client and check itunes. follow the instructions. should work...

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 20 May 2009, 00:43
    I tried that and it told me:
    "Last.fm could not connect to the Internet to download plugin information.
    Error: Info download failed: No server set to connect to"

Yet, I am definitely connected to the internet.

• kiske9 said...
    • User
    • 20 May 2009, 12:24
    walker9010, I just try what you say but it doesn't work.
    No error message, but not working yet.

• @misnomer1: have you tried a reinstall of last.fm software?

@kiske9: has scrobbing ever worked for you? maybe also try a reinstall--I've found thats usualyl the fastest solution

• misnomer1 said:

this is the exact problem i've been having

• I am hav ing the same problem, but it keeps telling me that the music in my itunes is in a directory not set to scrobble, yet its the same directory that is set to scroblle in winamp, which is still working. has anyone gotten any info from last.fm about this yet?

I have tried reinstalling that itunes plugin and I have reset the music in my itunes library. I have also reselected the directory for scrobbling. Nothing has worked and now I have to go through itune and delete all the duplicate tracks.

"What's more dangerous than hatred is the word." - The GZA
    • kiske9 said...
    • User
    • 21 May 2009, 17:05
    walker9010, yes, the scrobbling was working perfectly till now and I reinstall the software (iTunes and last.fm pluggin) too.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 21 May 2009, 19:48
    walker9010 said:
    @misnomer1: have you tried a reinstall of last.fm software?

@kiske9: has scrobbing ever worked for you? maybe also try a reinstall--I've found thats usualyl the fastest solution

Won't that delete all of the tracks that have built up since my scrobbling stopped working?

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 21 May 2009, 20:09
    Edit: Wrong thread! Sorry!

Edited by a deleted user on 21 May 2009, 20:39
  • I tried that and it told me:

I'm having the exact same problem. It just all of a sudden stopped scrobbling last night.

I have 200+ tracks since last night so I don't want to uninstall it or anything as I risk losing my "scrobbled" tracks.

It says it's "scrobbled" but it's not showing up on my profile. This is a bit ridiculous.

Anyone have any other ideas?

EDIT: Right I've got it to work. Help > Diagnostics. Just press "reconnect" as I'm assuming that you all have a lot of songs in the cache. It should put them all on your profile. Hope this helps because it certainly worked for me.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 21 May 2009, 23:39
    Dan-Rocks said:

I'm having the exact same problem. It just all of a sudden stopped scrobbling last night.

I have 200+ tracks since last night so I don't want to uninstall it or anything as I risk losing my "scrobbled" tracks.

It says it's "scrobbled" but it's not showing up on my profile. This is a bit ridiculous.

Anyone have any other ideas?

EDIT: Right I've got it to work. Help > Diagnostics. Just press "reconnect" as I'm assuming that you all have a lot of songs in the cache. It should put them all on your profile. Hope this helps because it certainly worked for me.

I followed your directions and it worked! Thank you so much!
    I just realized that it wasn't scrobbling because I had changed my password and forgot to put my new password into the Last.fm software.

• Turrk said...
    • User
    • 22 May 2009, 18:10
    I had the same problem. But after a while I found out that my scrobbler was getting blocked by my firewall... So check your firewalls, because that could be the problem

• same here

• ahhh thanks soo much! i had changed my password too, and didn't know that you had to change it in the software.

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.