Forum » Last.fm Client Support

Last.fm Won't Scrobble from iTunes

• Last.fm Won't Scrobble from iTunes

Pleaseee help me.
    Last.fm will not scrobble anything I listen to in iTunes. It scrobbles everything from the free radio etc., but music from iTunes doesn't even show in the Now Playing window.

I'm using iTunes 8 right now. I had last.fm on my computer up until a little under a year ago and deleted it, but decided to re-install yesterday.

I read through all the FAQs and troubleshooting I can find. I've even un-installed and re-installed last.fm, but nothing seems to work.

IF there's anything you think might help me, please don't hesitate to let me know. Thank youuu

xxx

• anyoneee?

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 30 Mar 2009, 09:43
    I pretty much have the same problem I've been looking all over the place to try and figure out how to fix it and can't seen to be able to

it is rather frustrating

• I'm having the same problem with iTunes. The Last fm software shows that the track is in a directory that is set not to scrobble even if it's not the case. When using Winamp and WMP, no problem. I think the problem began on the last update of iTunes, ever since it won't scrobble. The only thing that I didn't try is reinstalling iTunes.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 9 Apr 2009, 15:18
    I have the same problem. Perhaps it is something to do with the latest update for iTunes? Strange.. Only Spotify scrobbles now.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 4 May 2009, 11:42
    it seems like the last update fixed the problem. great!

• mine won't scrobble either. hasn't for about a month. my firewall blocker pops up asking for itunes scrobble to get access from the internet, i wait and nothing.

this error pops up

"Last.fm was unable to connect to the plugin for your media player.

Details" could not start listening on socket. Socket error: 10013"

what does that mean?

• i've uninstalled and reinstalled and it now says

"couldn't connect to the internet to verify your user details.

if you use a proxy to connect to the internet, please click the button below to enter your proxy details."

i don't know what a proxy is, but i'm pretty sure i don't use it. i'm obviously having no problems with my internet connection.

• I've got almost the same problem, but when I turn iTunes on and start listening to music, Last.fm doesn't scrobble it, only says: "Sorry! Last.fm crashed. Information about the crash is now being sent to Last.fm so that we can fix the bug." And a bit lower: "Failed to send crash info."

I've re-installed it few times but didn't work. Should I try to do something with iTunes?

• pschoof said...
    • User
    • 5 May 2009, 19:54
    Hello, see my my reaction I gave to Wulner (1 higher up in the rank). Greetings

• DrKF said...
    • User
    • 5 May 2009, 21:23
    I have a similar problem. The track registers in the desktop application and gives me the usual info about the track, etc. But it's not scrobbling when I look on my webpage...

• smange said...
    • User
    • 6 May 2009, 10:31
    I've got the same problem as DrKF - not showing up on website.

• I'm having the same problem too. I started listening to an album 30 minutes ago, I've listened to three or four tracks and none have been scrobbled. iTunes 8 with the newest update BTW.

sign a couple checks, and I ain't talkin' deposits
  • mine wouldn't scrobble from itunes so I tried to reinstall it, and when it gets to the page where i sign in, and hit next, it doesn't do anything.

• same here... :(

• wongway said...
    • User
    • 7 May 2009, 03:24
    must be the version of iTunes. none of my songs have been scrobbling for a week now, and I think it was last week that I updated to iTunes version 8.1.1

• same thing happened to me with itunes 8.1.1.- had to re-enable scrobbling in the the tools tab. works okay now.

you bet.
  • vangoghgo said:
    mine wouldn't scrobble from itunes so I tried to reinstall it, and when it gets to the page where i sign in, and hit next, it doesn't do anything.

I have this problem too. :(

• Blargh. My scrobbler doesn't pick anything up from itunes ever since I downloaded itunes new version. Simply re-enabling scrobbling under tools did nothing. Any other ideas?

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 21 May 2009, 20:43
    Edit: Problem fixed!

I had severe lagging issues with Itunes and it wouldn't scrobble and there was minute lag between tracks.
    The problem was my newly installed "Sunbelt Firewall", but when I uninstalled it the issue was fixed.

• neohex said...
    • User
    • 27 May 2009, 12:39
    I tried what henry_hudson did.

I have iTunes 8.1.1 and I use Winamp sparingly ever since scrobbling was supported for iTunes. I had both of them open and closed Winamp to make sure iTunes was recognized for scrobbling.

After I quit Winamp, iTunes was the only media player open. On the Last.fm client i clicked on the Tools Menu and disabled Scrobbling (so that "Enable Scrobbling" would NOT be checked).

Now do the same so that "Enable Scrobbling" under the Tools menu IS checked.

Return to iTunes and play a song. Verify that it's scrobbling. It should.

If it still doesn't work, Un-install the Last.fm client and re-install it, then follow the steps above just like I did.

This fixed the problem for me. I was without scrobbling on iTunes for a Month now! The horror. I had to swith over to Winamp for a while and I was lucky Winamp wasn't affected while it was my temporary music player.

Thanks again to henry_hudson for the tip! It works.

• yas2184 said...
    • User
    • 28 May 2009, 16:36
    I'm unable to even get the Plugin for Itunes. The help on last fm is rather useless. Anyone have any Ideas?

• enable scrobbling for C:\Programs\Last.fm

in your programs folder there is a subfolder called "Last.fm". You have to enable scrobbling for that folder in the preferences of the last.fm-client. this should fix the problem.

• form709 said...
    • User
    • 30 Jul 2009, 23:39

form709

I can find my programs folder and subfolder called last.fm. Cannot find anywhere where there are preferences.
    Please help Ponky, it works fine with Winamp and I get a big nothing with ITunes

• form709 said...
    • User
    • 31 Jul 2009, 04:05

Fixed the problem

You must make sure you have the correct path when you get the player plug-in. I did not have ITunes in my C drive.

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.