Forum » Last.fm Client Support

Last.fm won't recognize my iPod

• KellanF said...
    • User
    • 20 Feb 2008, 22:16

Last.fm won't recognize my iPod

How do I get last.fm to recognize my iPod so I can get scrobbled tracks off of it....
    When I first has last.fm a message box popped up saying would you like to associate this iPod with last.fm etc...but one didn't this time...how do I get it to find my iPod?

Thanks.

• KellanF said...
    • User
    • 20 Feb 2008, 22:23
    Update:
    I checked the FAQ, my answer is there...but I still have a question...

I have a 2 gig iPod and 10 gigs of music, not even half of it is mine. If I unclick Manually manage, it wants to erase all my music and put on music from the library....I don't have a 5th of the space that I need for all the music, so it won't let me add all the music, but it'll put on some, some that isn't mine. So basically I can't use my iPod with last.fm if the computer is shared?

• KellanF said...
    • User
    • 20 Feb 2008, 22:30
    Update:
    I figured it out. :)

• Hi, so how did you do it?

• KellanF said...
    • User
    • 27 Feb 2008, 21:38
    Well when it doesn't have the space to upload my whole library, it says...would you like to make a playlist to upload to the iPod, so I just have a playlist that syncs to my iPod.

• I'd like Last FM to recognize my ipod (old ipod nano) but it doesn't give me the option even after I've plugged it in. I'm using version 1.4.2 of the software on Max OS X 10.5.2. Last FM says that if there are problems I should post on the forum, so that's what I'm doing. Hope someone can help. --Leezafaye

• Etter85 said...
    • User
    • 28 Mar 2008, 17:19
    i'm also having problems....reinstallt lastfm client few times now...restart between new install....but still he doesn't see my ipod video 30gig.
    he used to do it....but not any more....what can i do?
    my ipod isn't on manual. please help.

edit: just found out...lastfmhelper loves to crash... :(

• sanga3 said...
    • User
    • 28 Mar 2008, 22:28
    Etter85 - I have the same problem, and also noticed that it crashes... all the time. But how did you get around that? Every time I plug my iPod in, it crashes before I can do anything. I emailed support and they told me to come here.

Thanks,
    Sanga

• sanga3 said...
    • User
    • 28 Mar 2008, 22:29
    Etter85 - I have the same problem, and also noticed that it crashes... all the time. But how did you get around that? Every time I plug my iPod in, it crashes before I can do anything. I emailed support and they told me to come here.

Thanks,
    Sanga

• sanga3 said...
    • User
    • 28 Mar 2008, 22:30

Thanks,
    Sanga

• sanga3 said...
    • User
    • 28 Mar 2008, 22:33

Thanks,
    Sanga

• sanga3 said...
    • User
    • 28 Mar 2008, 23:10

Thanks,
    Sanga

• sanga3 said...
    • User
    • 28 Mar 2008, 23:13

Thanks,
    Sanga

• Geralto said...
    • User
    • 29 Mar 2008, 07:03
    SO i guess there is no 100% working way to scrobble music from Ur ipod then ? If so...im pissed lol. I wont be able to listen to music on my pc for next month or two (starting serious make-over operation in house ). My playlist gotta suffer a lot...pity.

• I am having the same problem...I have a 30gig ipod video and every time i plug it in, my lastfmhelper crashes...I've not found any way around it...has anyone else??????

• I have a problem with the client. When I first plugged my 60GB iPod Photo, the client asked me if I wanted to set it up to scrobble. At that time I choose no. Now I want to set it up but when I connect it, it never asks me and I see no way to do it. I saw the iPod in the Connections tab of the Last.fm client preferences and removed it to see if it would work but it didn't.

I am on OS X Leopard using Last.fm v1.4.2.5824 and iTunes 7.6.1.

Any help is appreciated.

• Etter85 said...
    • User
    • 4 Apr 2008, 06:33

strange

I update to the beta 1.5...stil didn't workt....and now. few days later my ipod pluged in to my mac for a few minuts. last fm said....do you want to scrobbel these songs?
    wtf :) ...its so it seems to work.....for now :)

• I am having the same problem as IevokenI

Is there a solution to this yet?

Many thanks
    Rob

• Is there any central location with answers to iPod questions? Like which iPods work, which client you need, which operating systems work, what you have to do to make them work?

• timidi said...
    • User
    • 24 Nov 2008, 14:17
    I have 8gb 2nd generation iPod nano and my Last.fm won't recognize it. I have re-installed Last.fm several times, rebooted my system, and did everything the FAQ guided, but the pop up message won't show, my plays won't scrobble and my iPod won't show in the list.

It is correctly synced with one playlist in my iTunes and no other iPod's synced.

PLEASE help, I've been struggling with this problem for a year........................... :(

• timidi said...
    • User
    • 24 Nov 2008, 14:30
    Oh, I solved it :D if you have the same problem, go to your Last.fm program and go
    Help
    -> Diagnostics
    -> iPod scrobbling
    -> Scrobble iPod

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.