Forum » Client Support

Very odd bugs popping up related to my sound card

• Very odd bugs popping up related to my sound card

Just yesterday my scrobbler indicated to me that I had no sound card; this is news to me as the error which told me this made the windows alert tone in my headphones. Upon looking in the settings I noted that there were no soundcards listed in the soundcard combo box. Upon restarting my computer there were two, Primary Sound Card and Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio) However now when I try to start a station I get the following:

Couldn't start playback. Error:

RtApiDs: Unable to start buffer (Primary Sound Driver): Priority level needed.

My computer wasn't restarted (until mentioned above) since the last time scrobbler had worked, so I'm quite confused what's going on. All other applications, including the Last.FM web-client, are working correctly.

• The "no sound card" error can happen if you have the Scrobbler tagged to your task bar. You can either try to untag it from there to see if that fixes it, or alternatively download the new beta version of the software, which has fixed this issue completely.

• Slicey said...
    • User
    • 24 Oct 2012, 13:59

Still Happening

I just downloaded scrobbler yesterday and it worked fine all day. Today I got a similar error message as the above user regarding the sound card. I had not shut my computer down at all. I Exited out of the scrobbler from the task bar icon and relaunched it and the error message hasn't displayed and the player is now working.

Just wanted to let you know that "the new beta version" has in fact NOT fixed this issue completely, since I only JUST installed the player and encountered this problem within 24 hours.

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.