Forum » Last.fm Client Support

Scrobbler and the new iTunes/iTunes 11

• Scrobbler and the new iTunes/iTunes 11

Will the scrobbler work okay with the new version of iTunes coming in October? Or will there be an upgrade?

• I am curious of the same thing. I haven't had trouble scrobbling with my iPhone 4S, but I didn't use it as a music player to scrobble until I'd had it for a while. Let's hope so...but more official word would be nice so I can attempt to prepare.

• I upgraded my iPhone 4S to iOS 6 and it still scrobbles fine with the upgraded iTunes 10.7. Hopefully iTunes 11 will be close enough in how it works that the Scrobbler will work just fine...

• Be nice to get some assurance from the mods

• It works

I just downloaded iTunes 11 and it is scrobbling just fine.

• Not sure if mine is right. Ran Diagnostics and Scrobbled manually and got a load of errors.
    Failed to read current iTunes track.
    Casting Track failed.
    Seems to error every track but still Scrobble?

What do I need to do to rebuild my scrobble library?

• AlDigit said...
    • User
    • 30 Nov 2012, 13:42

Scrobbel didn't work

I just synced my iPods, but no scrobbels were found...

• I think the error on Diagnostics could be caused by the Cloud integration. Its checking cloud versions of the songs I've got from iTunes and showing an error. Its scrobbling the proper songs but reporting loads of errors for each cloud entry.

• bump due to spammer.

• Mine is not scrobbling. :(

I believe in duendes.
    • PyMep said...
    • User
    • 1 Dec 2012, 14:54
    mine isn't scrobbling either

• I've found that If I turn off Show Cloud songs then my scrobbles are not full of error messages.

• Scrobbling works for me

I just upgraded and it's working fine.

• misote said...
    • User
    • 2 Dec 2012, 12:26
    not working for me too

• Mine is working but seems to be scrobbling some songs twice.

• Mine is working after close and re-open the scrobbler! ;)

• Mine's scrobbling, but it restarts whenever I click pause.

• Mine works really good: I'm using the Last.fm Scrobbler beta and I dont have any issues.

Salud, C.
  • When I listen on my computer or tablet out scrobbles fine, but when I listen on my iPod touch and then sync it to iTunes it won't scrobble at all. Wonder how long it'll take to get this fixed.

• foreverY0UNG- 说:
    When I listen on my computer or tablet out scrobbles fine, but when I listen on my iPod touch and then sync it to iTunes it won't scrobble at all. Wonder how long it'll take to get this fixed.
    the same.

I believe in duendes.
    • dbchud said...
    • Subscriber
    • 4 Dec 2012, 17:21
    Real shame that iTunes DJ has gone, I'll miss it.

I know there's a way around it (play one song from song list and ensure shuffle is on), but it's just not the same :(

That aside, it all seems to be working OK with last.fm

Edited by dbchud on 4 Dec 2012, 17:22
    • dbchud said...
    • Subscriber
    • 4 Dec 2012, 17:22

• cherry979988 said:
    foreverY0UNG- 说:
    When I listen on my computer or tablet out scrobbles fine, but when I listen on my iPod touch and then sync it to iTunes it won't scrobble at all. Wonder how long it'll take to get this fixed.
    the same.

I'm having this problem too.

• My Ipod wasn't scrobbling so I updated Last.Fm to the newest version. It still wouldn't scrobble, so I deleted Itunes then re-installed it. Now it's scrobbling fine.

• Whatever_83 said:
    My Ipod wasn't scrobbling so I updated Last.Fm to the newest version. It still wouldn't scrobble, so I deleted Itunes then re-installed it. Now it's scrobbling fine.

Are you using iTunes 11?
    My problem didn't start until my Mac updated me to iTunes 11.

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.