LARGE Amount of Artists NOT Being Played From Library

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 11 Aug 2012, 18:48

LARGE Amount of Artists NOT Being Played From Library

RE: LARGE Amount of Artists NOT Being Played From Library

Hello,

Perhaps you could answer this question:

As you know, I have about 118 artists in my last.fm play library; however, only about a dozen of those artists ever play! And, even on these dozen artists, the same song is played by them each and every time (never a variety of other songs the artists might also do)!

But, in regard to the small repertoire of artists actually played, may I ask if this the "norm" with last.fm? If this is the "max" amount of artists that can be played in my library, why is there even an offer to add all these other artists if they're never going to be played anyways ???? Don't get it.

Thanks.

• Sovyeto said...
    • User
    • 11 Aug 2012, 21:16

Re: LARGE Amount of Artists NOT Being Played From Library

oscalcis said:
    RE: LARGE Amount of Artists NOT Being Played From Library

Hello,

Perhaps you could answer this question:

As you know, I have about 118 artists in my last.fm play library; however, only about a dozen of those artists ever play! And, even on these dozen artists, the same song is played by them each and every time (never a variety of other songs the artists might also do)!

But, in regard to the small repertoire of artists actually played, may I ask if this the "norm" with last.fm? If this is the "max" amount of artists that can be played in my library, why is there even an offer to add all these other artists if they're never going to be played anyways ???? Don't get it.

Thanks.

I too get the same thing.

• headey2 said...
    • User
    • 12 Aug 2012, 09:50
    'Fraid I don't know the answer to your question.
    (I'm wondering if having 1000 plays but 500 banned tracks might be slowing down the lastfm computers ability to decide what to play for you. It does seem to work best with what you might see as enormous libraries!)
    (Presume you've read the bit about what the 'play' icon means
    http://www.last.fm/help/faq?category=Listening+to+Music+on+Last.fm#228)

It might not solve the problem but you could experiment with http://beta.combofm.de/station/
    I feel it sometimes chooses a different set of tracks.
    Select 'Personal Stations' > Library
    Select 'Discovery Mode' on the right ; then 'Play in:...'

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.